The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] - Rick Nash to Rangers

What are you talking about? We signed a 16 GOAL DEFENSEMAN. We don't need to make any drastic moves, we just need a top six winger and a 3rd line centre, and we don't need either very badly. What we really need is a couple of decent prospects, which I hope Luongo will eventually fetch.

Anisimov - Big center with ability to play on the wing, in his prime. Fills the need for a center spot or the need to replace a big winger. (Not a Nash replacement of course, but adds size back into the lineup)

Dubinsky - Good two-way centerman who can play wing and in his prime. Wanted this guy on the Canucks personally at one point. 40-50 point player when healthy.

Erixon - Young big minute dman who adds a ton to the future of the CLB d-corps, especially if paired with Murray.

1st.....could be used as a tradeable asset or one to move up in next years draft or used to select a targeted player....so many possibilities here.....

It's not that bad of a trade actually. The points from Nash will be replaced, and they get a bunch more solid depth spead out over the team.

Lotta basement GMs in this thread.

I'll admit I haven't seen a lot of Dubinsky since he played for the WinterHawks, but I'm glad he is going somewhere where he can have room to move and put up his own points.

What are you talking about? We signed a 16 GOAL DEFENSEMAN. We don't need to make any drastic moves, we just need a top six winger and a 3rd line centre, and we don't need either very badly. What we really need is a couple of decent prospects, which I hope Luongo will eventually fetch.

Archived