Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Report] Kane considering six-year, $29 million deal from Jets

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
44 replies to this topic

#31 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:36 PM

Kane’s side is looking for a Jeff Skinner deal (6 years, $34 million), while the Jets are looking for a Max Pacioretty deal (6 years, $27 million).

http://www.winnipegf...-166628966.html

WPG is just low-balling him, a 6 year deal worth 34 million would pretty fair. He is young and has the makings of a franchise player, why not sign him for that much.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#32 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,981 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:27 PM

Kanes more of a Skinner than a Pacioretty.
I'm still on team offer sheet.

I would do that. Offer sheet with Skinner's cap hit = 1st and 3rd round compensation. Then try to get a 1st in the Luongo deal. Win-win situation.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#33 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:48 PM

Looks like Jamie Benn is in a similar situation, as reported by Mike Heika,

http://starsblog.dal...gotiation.html/

Clearly, Benn’s agent wants as much money as he can get for his client. He understands the parameters of the current CBA, he understands what similar players are making in the league, and he understands what Benn wants, which is likely as much security as he can get, as well as the option to really hit a home run should he become one of the best players in the league. That’s why Benn would love a five-year deal that would average around $6 million a season and would make him an unrestricted free agent at the age of 27. That would make his life perfect.

The Stars would like to be 100 percent sure that Benn is the real deal before they enter into a long-term guaranteed contract with him, so they see players such as Claude Giroux or James Neal or Loui Eriksson sign two or three-year deals that pay handsomely (between $3-$4 million) and set them up for a long-term contract negotiation as a restricted free agent before they reach unrestricted free agency. The Stars would see that as the perfect scenario.

So both sides sit and wait until the pressue of the season or the information of the next CBA helps stoke the negotiations.

If this was indeed accurate I really hope that the Canucks can pounce with a similar deal that Skinner got and Kane wants, with Benn. Jamie is big, versatile (can play all three positions up front) and is pretty much the Stars' franchise guy, probably even more so than Kane. If the Stars don't want to sign him to big money (and all that it would cost would be 1st and 3rd) then I'd say go for it (after moving Lu).

Twins - Burr
Booth - Benn - Kes

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#34 .Naslund

.Naslund

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:08 PM

Do you people think? The Jets have like 18 milllion in cap space. Do you really think they wouldn't match anything the Canucks would throw at him?

All you would be doing is ruining your relationship with the Jets, and possibly other GMs around the league who hate offer sheets.
Posted Image

#35 AFrame14

AFrame14

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 05:11 PM

WPG is just low-balling him, a 6 year deal worth 34 million would pretty fair. He is young and has the makings of a franchise player, why not sign him for that much.

Agreed mang.. Skinners deal is perfect for Kane. At the worst they get a young, 30 goal pwr forward.. Kane could easily be a 40 goal scorer. He's the next iginla. And I'm not saying that cuz of his skin color, just the way he plays
NUCKS FOR THE CUP

#36 Mike Versace ESQ

Mike Versace ESQ

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:32 PM

It's THESE contracts that will be the reason for a lockout. People think its the Weber, Suter, Parise... Etc deals that are bad (they are high don't get me wrong) but its the 20, 21 yr olds coming off their ELCs wanting 5-6 mill a year that are throwing the pay scales out of whack.

And the same people that b!tch about not wanting a lockout are the same ones saying Winnipeg's offer is a lowball offer and that Kane should be offended

Posted ImagePosted Image

FOLLOW @MikeVersace1

#shapcrew #membersonly

credit to CanucksHD for the avatar

#37 grandmaster

grandmaster

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,705 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:41 AM

It's THESE contracts that will be the reason for a lockout. People think its the Weber, Suter, Parise... Etc deals that are bad (they are high don't get me wrong) but its the 20, 21 yr olds coming off their ELCs wanting 5-6 mill a year that are throwing the pay scales out of whack.

And the same people that b!tch about not wanting a lockout are the same ones saying Winnipeg's offer is a lowball offer and that Kane should be offended

I agree to a point but I would rather pay Benn or Kane 6-7M/yr rather than an aging 50 point player in Doan any day. MG should chase after these guys via offer sheets and drop the Doan

Favorite all time Canuck: Bertuzzi 2002-2003 season
Most clutch all time Canuck: Linden 1994 Stanley Cup Playoffs
Most exciting all time Canuck: Pavel Bure 90's

#38 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:04 AM

Point is, just because Calgary is ridiculous enough to overpay the amount they did for Wideman, does not mean that everybody has to be overpaid.

Uh-huh.

Look at Wideman's career, and look at Garrison's. Then ask yourself again which team's contract is more ridiculous.

#39 Jason Garrison

Jason Garrison

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:46 AM

Uh-huh.

Look at Wideman's career, and look at Garrison's. Then ask yourself again which team's contract is more ridiculous.

GMMG knows what he is doing. Thank god we have him as a GM.

JG
Posted Image
Credit to Henrik Sedin

My PS3 NHL 13 Be A GM Online League. LINK: http://forum.canucks...two-spots-left/

#40 ridehard1212

ridehard1212

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:29 PM

I hope we sign doan.. But would it not be wiser to send a front loaded offer sheet to Dallas/Jets for Kane/Benn of 7 years 45 million and get a young up and coming power foward/ possible superstar??? Jets/stars would be hard pressed to match if you made them pay out 20-25 million in the first 2 years? and its unlikely we pick up anyone close to these to players with are 1st rounders that we would have to give up..
I dont give a rat arz about my spelling/grammer mistakes,get over it and up urs if it bothers u!!!!

#41 ridehard1212

ridehard1212

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:32 PM

Top six - the twins, kesler, burrows, booth and kane/or benn!! With some prospects ready to take over minutes as the core ages.. sick
I dont give a rat arz about my spelling/grammer mistakes,get over it and up urs if it bothers u!!!!

#42 shadowgoon

shadowgoon

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:40 PM

With Hall signing a 7 year 42 million (6 aav) contract extension, this essentially sets the bar for Kane. Hall was on pace for a 71 point season last year, where Kane was on pace for 63, an 8 point spread isn't all that much. Kane and Hall both play very similar in your face physical games with the edge in that department going to Kane I think, both are the same age.

If I'm Kane, I'm looking at the 6 years and 29 million and thinking that last number should go up a bit, and probably tack on another year to boot (which would take him into UFA at contracts expiration).

Edited by Shadowgoon, 22 August 2012 - 01:40 PM.

#43 Kyosama

Kyosama

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:36 PM

I hope we sign doan.. But would it not be wiser to send a front loaded offer sheet to Dallas/Jets for Kane/Benn of 7 years 45 million and get a young up and coming power foward/ possible superstar??? Jets/stars would be hard pressed to match if you made them pay out 20-25 million in the first 2 years? and its unlikely we pick up anyone close to these to players with are 1st rounders that we would have to give up..

What makes you think that the Jets, who have yet to reach the salary floor, would be hard pressed to match that? I'm not understanding why there are still people here who think that there is an amount that the Canucks could offer that the Jets couldn't/wouldn't match.

#44 Jason Garrison

Jason Garrison

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:06 PM

We should just offer Kane a contract. 6 mill per... something like that.

JG
Posted Image
Credit to Henrik Sedin

My PS3 NHL 13 Be A GM Online League. LINK: http://forum.canucks...two-spots-left/

#45 Samuel Påhlsson

Samuel Påhlsson

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:12 PM

Uh-huh.

:lol: Have you seen Wideman in his own end? There is a reason he keeps moving from team to team.

SYvE9NH.gif

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.