Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Superhero vs Superhero #2

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

Poll: Superhero vs Superhero #2 (33 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win in a fight?

1. Superman (23 votes [69.70%])

Percentage of vote: 69.70%

2. Thor (10 votes [30.30%])

Percentage of vote: 30.30%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 soshified

soshified

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:15 PM

Theere will be two more topics about this until there's a "semifinals" and then a "final"...

Last Thread (Batman vs Spiderman):
Spoiler

Remember, this is about who will win in a fight. (Not in some popularity contest or in their respective films)

So.. who will win in a fight?

Posted Image
The Man of Steel

Or

Posted Image
The God of Thunder

Posted Image

#2 22Sedinery33

22Sedinery33

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:18 PM

Thor, he has no weakness and hes a god :)

Edited by KeslersPlayoffBeard, 24 July 2012 - 01:18 PM.

Posted Image

#3 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 70,000 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:22 PM

Superman!

307mg00.jpg

#4 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:25 PM

Superman.

Faster, stronger, smarter and if there was anyone also worthy of lifting and using Mjolnir, it would be him...and Beta-Ray Bill of course. Thor may be a demi-god but Superman's dials go up to 11. ;)

Posted Image

Edited by Sharpshooter, 24 July 2012 - 01:28 PM.

Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins - CDC GML Posted Image

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#5 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:30 PM

Superman...... experience on his side......faster than a speeding bullet.....would have Thor spinning in circles flailing at the air imitating swatting at a gnat.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 24 July 2012 - 01:47 PM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#6 Hobble

Hobble

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,651 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:51 PM

I am still shocked that Batman would beat Spiderman.

#7 canucks_dynasty

canucks_dynasty

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,067 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:53 PM

What's the point?

DC superheroes are all jacked up on steroids compared to Marvel superheroes. Only Marvel characters like Silver Surfer and the Hulk have a chance to beat DC characters in a fight.

#8 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:05 PM

I am still shocked that Batman would beat Spiderman.

Superior mind, training, education, tactics, experience.

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#9 soshified

soshified

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:14 PM

What's the point?

DC superheroes are all jacked up on steroids compared to Marvel superheroes. Only Marvel characters like Silver Surfer and the Hulk have a chance to beat DC characters in a fight.

Iron Man can beat Superman .........If he knew how. And, pretty sure Thor can destroy Batman. (Just some examples)

Superman is not invincible. He does have two weakness, and Thor has one of them.

Posted Image

#10 jeremy_cheung14

jeremy_cheung14

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:34 PM

hard one to pick

#11 jeremy_cheung14

jeremy_cheung14

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:36 PM

Theere will be two more topics about this until there's a "semifinals" and then a "final"...

Last Thread (Batman vs Spiderman):

Spoiler

Remember, this is about who will win in a fight. (Not in some popularity contest or in their respective films)

So.. who will win in a fight?

Posted Image
The Man of Steel

Or

Posted Image
The God of Thunder

the poll said " who will win in a fight " btw

#12 soshified

soshified

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:43 PM

the poll said " who will win in a fight " btw

your point is?

Posted Image

#13 AbbyNucksFan

AbbyNucksFan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,434 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:52 PM

superman has 2 weaknesses? I thought it was just kryptonite? Apparently I'm not up to date on my superheros
Posted Image

Credit to LostViking for the sig! Thanks!

#14 Wolfman Jack

Wolfman Jack

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,504 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:53 PM

Superman.

Faster, stronger, smarter and if there was anyone also worthy of lifting and using Mjolnir, it would be him...and Beta-Ray Bill of course. Thor may be a demi-god but Superman's dials go up to 11. ;)

Posted Image

Superman.

Posted Image

But Thors's powers are magic based, Superman is vulnerable against magic. Thor hands down.

http://answers.yahoo...24013923AAUPBpX

Edited by Norman Clegg, 24 July 2012 - 02:55 PM.

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.
Blaise Pascal

#15 Hobble

Hobble

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,651 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:11 PM

Superior mind, training, education, tactics, experience.

But superior strength, speed, acrobatics, web-slinging, and spidey-sense?!?

I realize this probably has all been debated to death in the other thread, but I just think in a head to head battle, Spidey would win.

I voted for Superman.

#16 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:17 PM

But Thors's powers are magic based, Superman is vulnerable against magic. Thor hands down.

http://answers.yahoo...24013923AAUPBpX

Well that may be, according to Yahoo answers, but according to both DC AND Marvel....

Superman kicks Thor's ass. B)

Posted Image

#17 dajusta

dajusta

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:18 PM

Spidey can react to hostile projectiles and such, but Batman would have anticipated what Spiderman would have done .. like 3 - 4 steps ahead.

So Batman would just pounce on Spiderman without really having to do much. Batman is a calculated strategist.
I'm Christian
I won't judge you
No one is perfect
Only through Jesus
Will we find Truth

#18 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:17 PM

I don't know if Thor could even catch Superman at full speed, and the Man of Steel could be all over the Norse "god" before he knew what pair of red and blue tights hit him.

It would be so cool though if someone had a simulator (like in Deadliest Warrior) where their stats (according to their creators) could be punched in and they would be pitted against each other.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#19 Hobble

Hobble

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,651 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:36 PM

Spidey can react to hostile projectiles and such, but Batman would have anticipated what Spiderman would have done .. like 3 - 4 steps ahead.

So Batman would just pounce on Spiderman without really having to do much. Batman is a calculated strategist.

This is why these arguments are so arbitrary. Who's to say that Spiderman would not "sense" Batman's counters and possibly do something that Batman could not anticipate?!? Pounce of Spiderman? Again, spidey-sense and acrobatics.

If Batman is such a great strategist, how can any foe land a blow on him then if he can see 3-4 moves ahead?!?

However, these discussions are all in fun, so it doesn't really matter.

#20 Super19

Super19

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,438 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:43 PM

Thankyou Hobble, for holding it down for Spidey.

Spiderman could literally break Batman in half, if both were set to kill, Spiderman would take it.

PS: I'm a spiderman homer.

I don't know too much about Thor, I'm pretty sure Hulk beat him, so I'd say Superman wins. Superman is pretty damn super.

Edited by Super19, 24 July 2012 - 08:44 PM.

Posted Image

#21 Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:16 PM

The Flash beats everyone. Gotta love that Speed Force.
Posted Image

#22 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:46 PM

The Flash beats everyone. Gotta love that Speed Force.

Flash.

I shoulda known. ;)

#23 Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:51 PM

Iron Man can beat Superman .........If he knew how. And, pretty sure Thor can destroy Batman. (Just some examples)

Superman is not invincible. He does have two weakness, and Thor has one of them.

Superman may have two weaknesses but Mjolnir is made of Uru metal, not Kryptonite and Thor, in the Modern Age Marvel comics anyway, is only a demi-god. If we are talking strictly Modern Age here, Superman would win this in a cakewalk. If this included pre-Modern Age as well, the battle would be much closer, but Superman IMO would still get the decision. Addendum: Thor draws almost all of his strength from his equipment, so hypothetically if Superman could somehow relieve him of his belt Thor would no longer be able to lift his hammer and would be defenseless.
Posted Image

#24 Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:52 PM

Flash.

I shoulda known. ;)

Who else? ;)
Posted Image

#25 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:55 PM

Who else? ;)

No one.

:lol: :P

#26 Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:03 PM

I don't know if Thor could even catch Superman at full speed, and the Man of Steel could be all over the Norse "god" before he knew what pair of red and blue tights hit him.

It would be so cool though if someone had a simulator (like in Deadliest Warrior) where their stats (according to their creators) could be punched in and they would be pitted against each other.

Original stats transposed would not even be close. Siegel and Shuster fully intended this character to be invincible. During the early days, the pair had created a bald super-villain that aimed to take over the world by the same name...The Super-Man. When they created their hero, they drastically changed his appearance because they didn't want him bearing any resemblance to the similiarly named villain. Thor originally began as the Norse god Odin's lesson to his son about humility. He placed his abilities into the body of a partially disabled medical student who then discovered Mjolnir, disguised, struck it against a rock and transformed into the Thunder God from Norse mythology. However, as I alluded to in a previous post, Thor draws most of his strength from his equipment, mainly his belt which allows him to even LIFT the hammer...and without said belt he would be rendered ineffective and easily beaten. Unless Thor gets his hands on some Kryptonite, this is not even close.
Posted Image

#27 Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Slaytanic Wehrmacht

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:12 PM

Tony Stark's gigantic ego may be the only weapon he has that gives him any any chance of stopping the Man of Steel. lol.
Posted Image

#28 Bure fan

Bure fan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:57 PM

The green lantern is pretty sick in my opinion! Can make anything with that ring, not to mention there are thousands of Lanterns in the galaxy !

Team Lantern!

#10 Pavel Bure #96

Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.