The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

would you rather finish last and get a yakupov or win a president trophy and lose in first round?

TACIC

I think if the question was strictly pertaining to next season.. Win the presidents trophy and be out in the first round or finish dead last and pick #1 next season... id choose to finish dead last no question. Obviously its not something you'd want to do every year but winning the presidents trophy really has zero meaning to me.

Jesus Christ can you guys shut up about bandwagons or bandwagoners None of you even use the term properly.

Lets clear this up once and for all.

BANDWAGONER

eg; My mom

Someone who doesnt give a rats ass about the sport or the players for 7 months only to start saying stuff like "Oh that Kesler is cute" or " A.V. is French don't you know" and "Schnieders a red head?" during the third round of the playoffs.

ANYONE!!!!!! and i mean ANYONE WHO EVEN THINKS TO FIGHT ABOUT or DISCUSS ANY!!!! and i mean ANYYYYYY topic regarding salary,players,coaches decisions,drafting,draft position whether your opinion is personal or objective 365 days a year does not make someone a Bandwagoner.

I don't agree with a lot of coaches and players decisions from our team and personally i think Bure is a goof and never liked him.

That's called an opinion.Just like my rant here.

so stop confusing bandwagon with personal opinion.

I think fans are not happy with a President's trophy and contender team because there isn't enough drama to complain from; they have to invent other activities such as joy of winning and solidarity amongst cheering friends.

We're better than that in every sense of the word. Lining our pockets with high draft picks by intentionally performing poorly is a disgrace. I absolutely hate the Oilers and the fact that they have used this tactic to rebuild their team is an embarrassment to hockey and only further cements my hatred of them. The Leafs have been in a similar rebuilding process and regardless of how terrible the Leafs are, their team being terrible is not from a lack of effort, it's from the complete incompetence of Brian Burke. I would rather a team crash and burn while giving it their all than fail on purpose to get better picks.

I have absolutely no respect for this mentality and I hope the Oilers burn for it.

id rather win the presidents and lose early playoffs than be the joke of the league like the oilers and have all your fans embarressed to cheer for you....just my 2 cents making playoffs is always better then golfing while other teams play the real hockey of the year..GO CANUCKS GO!!!

I really hope there isn't a lockout.

I can't fathom any more extra time topics like this than we have to.

Answer: Making the playoffs gives you some sort of chance to win a cup. That is the goal, not tanking a season and getting a skunker draft pick.

If we won game seven against Boston this thread would not exist.

Damn.

Lol at people saying they'd rather keep their pride.

brb winning President's Trophy

brb being the best team in the NHL

brb "best team" losing in first round...... :huh:

........................................^What?

Haha I would probably choose to #failfornail if I knew you would only play for like 1-2 weeks more than all of the eliminated teams.

Archived