Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

-Vintage Canuck-

U.S. Facebook page calls for American-only Costco shopping times

If they want people to buy their stuff, then they should lower their prices. Can't fault people for trying to save their own money.

Buy local and keep the money in your Community, ya short-sighted wankers .. B)

There was a day when "Communities" could/would form a co-operative to buy such commodities in bulk, and benefit the whole Community, not just those who have the where withal to travel .. alas, those days seem to be behind us ..

They should be glad Canadians are cross-border shopping. It's the only thing that is keeping Bellingham from being a ghost town. I remember when Washington state was contemplating NO TAX (like Oregon) for out-of-towners (hope to increase tourism). Bellingham was against the idea because much of their revenue is from Canadians cross-border shopping.

Ipersonally hate cross-border shopping just for the day. Waste of time and gas just to save a few bucks. I cross-border shop maybe 3-4 times a year.

If they want people to buy their stuff, then they should lower their prices. Can't fault people for trying to save their own money.

I don't really see how they would enforce the rule of "Americans only", and actually I don't know how that guy could tell if it was a Canadian that was being rude to him.

Really?? I've had the opposite experience. Every time I travel in US, I find the residents to be friendly and helpful, especially when it comes to getting directions. I actually have bad interactions with Canadians whether I've been to US or travelling inside BC. I actually find people in Vancouver and BC to be generally stuck ups. At skytrain stations you have bunch of idiots who push their way into the skytrain without allowing people to get off. One time I also had a confrontation with a BC resident, because they thought my broken down car was in their lawn (which was not). Although Canadians from other provinces are really nice.

Nevermind buy local...buy organic milk! (You can buy it local too if you like)

You know what's in the regular stuff :sick:

Of course that quote didn't make it into the article :P

If you're cross border shopping, this: