The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

U.S. Facebook page calls for American-only Costco shopping times

-Vintage Canuck-

They should be glad Canadians are cross-border shopping. It's the only thing that is keeping Bellingham from being a ghost town. I remember when Washington state was contemplating NO TAX (like Oregon) for out-of-towners (hope to increase tourism). Bellingham was against the idea because much of their revenue is from Canadians cross-border shopping.

Ipersonally hate cross-border shopping just for the day. Waste of time and gas just to save a few bucks. I cross-border shop maybe 3-4 times a year.

Really?? I've had the opposite experience. Every time I travel in US, I find the residents to be friendly and helpful, especially when it comes to getting directions. I actually have bad interactions with Canadians whether I've been to US or travelling inside BC. I actually find people in Vancouver and BC to be generally stuck ups. At skytrain stations you have bunch of idiots who push their way into the skytrain without allowing people to get off. One time I also had a confrontation with a BC resident, because they thought my broken down car was in their lawn (which was not). Although Canadians from other provinces are really nice.

Archived