The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000055015/article/dez-bryant-rules-in-effect-for-dallas-cowboys?module=HP11_content_stream

Dez Bryant rules in effect for Dallas Cowboys?

Troubled but talented wide receiver Dez Bryant of the Dallas Cowboys has agreed to abide by a set of special rules imposed by the team, ESPNDallas.com reported Sunday.

Citing sources, the report said the rules went into effect on Aug. 23 and include no alcohol, no strip clubs, only nightclubs that are approved by the Cowboys and a midnight curfew.

Additionally, Bryant will have a rotating three-person team (picked by Bryant's adviser, David Wells) of drivers and security guards, who will take him to practices, games and other team events.

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones praised Bryant for being "very much willing to do anything he can to help himself and help the team.

"He's very open-minded and cooperative," Jones continued. "He's doing the right things by his teammates and everybody is counting on him."

The Dallas County district attorney's office still hasn't decided if it will press charges against the 23-year-old Bryant for a July 14 incident in which he was charged with a Class A misdemeanor by the DeSoto Police Department for allegedly assaulting his mother, Angela Bryant.

...Sooo glad the Pats traded down in 2012 and never drafted this guy. At the time, everyone was like 'Pats missed out', but its good to know it was a good miss. Not a Patriot type player at all, and though he has skill, seems like he's a princess that wants or gets attention.

http://www.nfl.com/n..._content_stream

...Sooo glad the Pats traded down in 2012 and never drafted this guy. At the time, everyone was like 'Pats missed out', but its good to know it was a good miss. Not a Patriot type player at all, and though he has skill, seems like he's a princess that wants or gets attention.

He is young and talented so he could turn it around but it is pretty funny hearing Cowboy fans try to defend this pick, he sounds like a man child.

Well at least Dez is showing some signs of wanting to change as he agreed to these restrictions. Hopefully he's able to stay healthy and avoid all the other drama stuff this season

Just a reminder that our draft is next Monday night...1 week today and the season kicks off in just over a week! bartscottcantwait.jpg

As someone who follows Seattle semi closely (die hard Denver fan but I am also a home team guy and the closest team we have is Seattle) I just do not get it. In Wilson, you have a guy who is severely undersized for his position. His ability to see the field and throw over tall defenders was a big reason why he was drafted in the 3rd round. Yeah he did have 3 good "NFL" games however they were all in the pre season and 2 of them were against 2nd/3rd stringers. He is a starter instead of Matt Flynn who learned from the best in the game in Aaron Rodgers and majority of NFL fans would argue was the best backup to not be a starter. How the heck does 3 pre season games justify this?

I like Pete Carroll but I am not convinced on Russel Wilson and as a result I have to say Carroll screwed up the decision

Edited by canuckbeliever

As someone who follows Seattle semi closely (die hard Denver fan but I am also a home team guy and the closest team we have is Seattle) I just do not get it. In Wilson, you have a guy who is severely undersized for his position. His ability to see the field and throw over tall defenders was a big reason why he was drafted in the 3rd round. Yeah he did have 3 good "NFL" games however they were all in the pre season and 2 of them were against 2nd/3rd stringers. He is a starter instead of Matt Flynn who learned from the best in the game in Aaron Rodgers and majority of NFL fans would argue was the best backup to not be a starter. How the heck does 3 pre season games justify this?

I like Pete Carroll but I am not convinced on Russel Wilson and as a result I have to say Carroll screwed up the decision

Though I see what you're saying, Wilson fared really well against the Chief starting defense, who are supposed to be very solid this year.