The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Wow I'm getting lucky in fantasy lol. All it would have taken was 1 of harvins 3 tds to count for me to lose, instead so far all have been called back by penalty

And then Luke Willsons big play is gonna get called back too....

Redskins surprisingly gave Seattle a good game. Desean Jackson ate up Seattle another small/fast/quick guys that Seattle and their giant corners struggle to cover.

Noticing a trend that is exposing the vaunted Seattle L.O.B.

Emmanuel Sanders worked them over too when Denver played them. Maxwell seems like the weak link.

Harvin has 3 TD's called back by flags :lol:

...on a more serious note, Wilson dominated. Near perfect game. Can't stop him. Passing QB with great running ability and pocket presence but still looks for the pass first. Too much to handle.

Only 1 of those TDs really deserved to be called back. The Seahawks have absolutely destroyed teams in prime time games in the last 4 years. The NFL did their best to keep this close, I really believe that. At the end there was an offsetting call the refs missed that helped Seahawks clinch the game and that didn't even make up for the horsesh*t they put up with most of the game.

Is Wilson an elite top 5 qb yet? I think he is top ten but not sure of top 5 just yet.

Elite? Not sure. Top 5 in the league right now, hell yeah! His technique and mechanics are simple as they get yet so effective. Nothing flashy, just A,B,C and he makes it work perfectly. Luck, Peyton, Rivers, Wilson, Rodgers? That'd be my top 5 right now. Certainly include him there.

Edited by TheRussianRocket™

Is Wilson an elite top 5 qb yet? I think he is top ten but not sure of top 5 just yet.

He's very good at managing a game and rarely makes costly mistakes. I think top 10 is fare.

Wilson is definitely a top 10 QB.

But Elite? I wouldn't give him that label yet. To earn the Elite status he needs a few seasons of work in his portfolio to show a) consistency and b ) he doesn't need to rely on dump offs to Lynch or their great defense to win games; have people say the Seahawks won because of Wilson's play, not they won because of the defense or the ground game and Wilson just didn't turn the ball over. Right now their offense is designed around short passes and let the playmakers make play. That's not to say Wilson can't throw the deep ball, because I've seen him throw many accurate deep balls, but their system revolves heavily around Lynch and Harvin.

Next year will be an important season for him in regards to the building of the elite status. He will command a hefty raise and the cap hits for other guys go up significantly too and Seattle will lose key pieces like Lynch, Wright, maybe a member of LOB. The focal point to win games will become Wilson and not the defense or 12th man.

Feel free to criticize my opinion but I feel it's an accurate, unbiased opinion.

He could also just go the Flacco route, give himself the title, and screw over his team financially.

Edited by NucksPatsFan

But Elite? I wouldn't give him that label yet. To earn the Elite status he needs a few seasons of work in his portfolio to show a) consistency and b ) he doesn't need to rely on dump offs to Lynch or their great defense to win games; have people say the Seahawks won because of Wilson's play, not they won because of the defense or the ground game and Wilson just didn't turn the ball over. Right now their offense is designed around short passes and let the playmakers make play. That's not to say Wilson can't throw the deep ball, because I've seen him throw many accurate deep balls, but their system revolves heavily around Lynch and Harvin.

Next year will be an important season for him in regards to the building of the elite status. He will command a hefty raise and the cap hits for other guys go up significantly too and Seattle will lose key pieces like Lynch, Wright, maybe a member of LOB. The focal point to win games will become Wilson and not the defense or 12th man.

Feel free to criticize my opinion but I feel it's an accurate, unbiased opinion.

He could also just go the Flacco route, give himself the title, and screw over his team financially.

Wilson is a completely different QB than most. Carroll has gone on record saying he is the only QB in the entire league, aside from maybe Rodgers, that fits in their scheme. The Mannings, Brady, Luck, Brees etc would get absolutely murdered behind that O-line, especially the way Bevell calls plays.

He has a bunch of WR2 or WR3s on the team to throw to and not even close to a number 1. Harvin is not a WR1 in the fact that he is not a deep threat the way he plays with all the fly sweeps and what not. Wilson just does not have that number 1 weapon to throw to so it's good they have Lynch right now.

Flacco didn't screw over anyone. The money on his contract doesn't really kick in and start hurting the team till next year.

And also I think Luck is overrated. Sure he puts up a ton of yards and TD's but he makes horrendous plays as well and puts his team in brutal positions. Wilson isn't a game manager, Bevell is a game managing offensive coordinator that only allows Wilson to throw 28 times a game. If he threw 50 times a game like Brees and Luck with a number one (don't care what anyone says but Reggie Wayne is still a number 1 and so is TY Hilton) receiver he probably puts up 320 yards a game as well.

PS: Why are rushing yards by a QB always, ALWAYS an afterthought? Because Manning and Brady can only rush 3 yards a year I guess, and they are the poster boys of the NFL!