The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Obama vs Romney 2012 - CDC Election

Columbo

Obama vs Romney  

327 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

When do we get to start calling people out on these 'certainties' they claim that end up being bs? There should be some kind of master list of claims of 'certainty' or 'guarantees' and when they prove to be false, those asshats can no longer make them.

Why does it take up to 8-9 hours in some places to vote?

When I go to vote in Victoria, BC. The polling station is held in a spacious building staffed by more than enough people. I walk in with my voter card and my ID. They check the list and hand me my ballot. I am in and out in 3 minutes.

In the states why do we see massive lines usually made up of minorities waiting hours to vote?

When I go to vote in Victoria, BC. The polling station is held in a spacious building staffed by more than enough people. I walk in with my voter card and my ID. They check the list and hand me my ballot. I am in and out in 3 minutes.

In the states why do we see massive lines usually made up of minorities waiting hours to vote?

Im not a fan of obama per say, but he hasnt done a poor job as a whole, its sad to see the hatred on one side who refuses to acknowledge his presidency and it kills them to see a black president. then on the other hand are the people who voted for obama because he is black, if we could eliminate these extremes and the avg intelligent voters vote counted it would be a good step forward.

If Romney wins, I'd feel sorry for the US.

I heard there was a video on YouTube about a technician trying to fix one of those digital vote machines, and everytime he tried to click for Obama, it would register a vote for Romney.

I tend to disagree actually. I think if Obama is re-elected, the GOP congress will recognize that he'll be in his second term and they can't hold re-election over his head, in which case they'll hopefully recognize that he's got a longer shelf life than many of them. So I think they'll be more willing to compromise. If Romney wins, he'll pander to whomever he needs to and won't care too much who is hurt by the deal (hint: it won't be the super-wealthy).

Really?

If Obama wins he can hope the Republicans will be willing to compromise but don't count on tax increases of any kind (including letting the bush tax cuts expire or any sort of increase to the most wealthy) as being part of it if they don't want to face the wrath of the Americans for Tax Reform rightly pointing out them going against their own signed promises to not increase taxes.

If Romney wins their might be a "compromise" of massive spending cuts that get them under the debt ceiling but why would the democrats allow that to go through. Heck, why let the chance to actually get some tax increases passed when you actually get the chance? The democrats are fools if they don't let the fiscal cliff just happen. Heck, either way if your the democrats you take that fiscal cliff and eat up the Q1 recession knowing that your setting yourself up for future sucsess. I would be dieing to filibuster every attempt to not put in the tax increases if I was them!

Saw this on CNN the polling machines are in Pennsylvania nonetheless, a crucial state. They claim to fix them but a number of these iphone vids have surfaced. This is why electronics are a problem for future elections.

Archived