The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mason Raymond gets some NHL.com lovin'

BernieMac

I'm not a Raymond fan nor a Raymond hater, I agree that he always falls down, but when did you get the idea that he's selfish and is bad on defence. Although Raymond is apparently a "sniper," because he skates fast, he isn't the selfish type of player you're talking about, if he is, he would've been traded a long time ago. He is also one of the best defensive wingers on our team, next to Burr and Hansen. Oh and about the shot:

And remember this?

Please stop talking about that damn Kopitar goal, he got juked hard by a top centre in the game trying a high risk play. CDC's golden boy Hamhuis did the same thing all series long, as did every other defenseman and the majority of our forwards. The difference is the rest of them cost us games and the series, Raymond did not.

Please stop talking about that damn Kopitar goal, he got juked hard by a top centre in the game trying a high risk play. CDC's golden boy Hamhuis did the same thing all series long, as did every other defenseman and the majority of our forwards. The difference is the rest of them cost us games and the series, Raymond did not.

No man. Kopitar didn't "juke" anyone on that play. All hedid was skate up the ice. I have yet to determine what the hell Raymond was doing there. Whatever it was, it sure wasnt good hockey. Shockingly bad on all levels. Dont you dare defend Raymond on that play. That was atrocious.

How many chances should we give him? Seriously? I refuse to support him and have always hated the way he plays. He is a selfish player. He NEVER passes the puck. He takes poor percentage shots that never have a chance over passing to the open man. He can't skate properly, nor can he stay on his feet. He is afraid to go to the dirty areas. He sucks on Defence. Please...somebody tell me why we are supporting this plug? I cannot wait for the day that he is no longer on our team!

What are you talking about? I can only recall 1 play in the series where Hamhuis made a bad mistake and that was losing his balance on the Stoll OT goal. Hamhuis, next to Ballard were our best defensemen in that series, you're high if you think Hamhuis had anything to do with making several mistakes AND costing us the series.

Yes I am afraid Edler and Hamphuis did suck and did cost us. Hamphuis did it on two plays which cost a goal and game.

obviously the series too ..now I am just calling it what it is --overall I like these players but even the best players screw up just like each and every one of u that have been over critical on Mason.

Yes sometimes he falls to much but he is not what every one says he is, I think some of you must really be super people and have no flaws but I doubt it...This is the year he has to bring it, I sure hope he hits the weights so he is alittle bigger and stronger.

Prove the nay sayers wrong Mason- consistency is the key

Lets hope this year if we make the playoffs are heads are in it because last year was to many errors from great players.

Archived