The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bleeding when I go to the toilet

canuckbeliever

One of the more embarrassing questions I have ever asked on CDC but here I go

So basically last couple of weeks I have noticed that sometimes I bleed when I take a poop. It has happend 5 times in the past 2 weeks (Aug 21st it happend twice and in last 2 days it has happened 3 times). None of the times has had much blood and the last 2 have been literally less than the smallest of smudges. I have noticed that it follows constipation and when I am trying too hard to get some poop out.

For the record, there is never much blood in the toilet and it feels as if it is coming from the anus rather than the stool itself.

Edit: Just looked at what blood in the stool looked like and it definately is not that (so no colon cancer I guess :).

Should I be concerned and go to the doctors or let it ride?

Yep sounds like internal hemorrhoids to me. Need to see a doctor for confirmation and proper treatment. He may go with a prescription med but probably just stuff you can buy over the counter at any pharmacy.

You also need to treat the underlying cause. Why are you constipated? Poor diet, heavy lifting, overweight?

dont be hesitant to see a dr

bleeding while defecating is never normal, and needs to be worked up by your dr to make sure it is not caused by something serious.

depending on your age, gender, ethnicity, family history, you may have risks for certain diseases that can manifest as blood in the stool.

bottom line is, don't ask on internet for answers. get it checked out without delay.

dont be hesitant to see a dr

bleeding while defecating is never normal, and needs to be worked up by your dr to make sure it is not caused by something serious.

depending on your age, gender, ethnicity, family history, you may have risks for certain diseases that can manifest as blood in the stool.

bottom line is, don't ask on internet for answers. get it checked out without delay.

Archived