The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

11 year anniversary of 9/11 attacks approaching

key2thecup

September 9 2001  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was only 7 when the towers were hit, grade 2 I believe...I remember the teacher left the room and came back white as a ghost. The school ended up sending everyone home because the teachers (and older students) were in quite the distress.

I've heard this song each of the last 10 years on September 11th, and I really like it. It's a great tribute. RIP.

9/11 .. the day American foreign policy efforts "bore fruit" and the "chickens came home to roost" .. I do not believe the US Government was involved in any way other than to cover up and protect the Saudi involvement .. those bas*ards were in it up to their eyeballs ..

Watching George W. bend to kiss the Sheik's ring said it all .. except maybe someone told W that he was the "Pope of Petroleum" .. and the Saudi regime being business partners with the "Bush family" only adds to my grave suspicions ..

I used to think there was some elaborate plan, but these days, not so much. It's like people saying the moon landing is a hoax etc...it's a young person's game. I grew up and my rational mind now makes the decisions.

I must say though that this thread is slightly offensive...It's supposed to mourn the fallen, or try to prove some conspiracy agenda?

Not very tasteful.

May they rest in peace though, the ones whose lives were taken by this brutal event.

If you're not being facetious, Hiroshima and Nagasaki were Aug 6th and 8th, respectively. Which, again, not to mitigate the tragedy of 9/11, but it is far from being on those levels. I mean, it's fine if you want to remember, for our generation it's pretty much the most defining moment of our lifetimes at this point. It just seems like there's such a hoopla about making it the most important event. More important than Veteran's Day, or Memorial Day. Which it isn't.

More O/T, I remember exactly where I was when it happened. I was 19, working the production floor at a statue factory, doing mindless busy work. It's the only 'rough' job I've ever had, and I was never more thankful for it than when I could put my body right on auto-pilot, just do my work and listen to the radio. I remember thinking it was going to get worse, and for a while there were rumblings and sensationalist journalism that reported that there were unaccounted for planes and all I could think about was how awful it could get if every one of them got taken hostage. I'm glad I was old enough to really know what was happening, and not a child who probably thought that the world was about to end seeing all the news reports.

If you're not being facetious, Hiroshima and Nagasaki were Aug 6th and 8th, respectively. Which, again, not to mitigate the tragedy of 9/11, but it is far from being on those levels. I mean, it's fine if you want to remember, for our generation it's pretty much the most defining moment of our lifetimes at this point. It just seems like there's such a hoopla about making it the most important event. More important than Veteran's Day, or Memorial Day. Which it isn't.

I don't mean to be insensitive but tragedies happen all over the world. This is in the United States so it gets the most media attention. People forget every other part of the world but the US makes sure everyone remembers for ever. I'm sick of hearing GOD BLESS AMERICA. Why not GOD BLESS THE WORLD?!

I was only 7 when the towers were hit, grade 2 I believe...I remember the teacher left the room and came back white as a ghost. The school ended up sending everyone home because the teachers (and older students) were in quite the distress.

I've heard this song each of the last 10 years on September 11th, and I really like it. It's a great tribute. RIP.

Archived