Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slegr

Which scabs would you want on the Canucks?

66 posts in this topic

Doing this would just expediate the creation of a new league. All the locked out NHL players would form a new league and people would be clamouring to watch the best in the world do what they do. The 'NHL' and it's scabs would quickly fall apart and we'd never hear from Bettman again. I'm starting to like this idea.

the first test is blocking a zdeno chara slap shot. you up for that task?

Made me lol.

Pair Linden and Messier on the same unit for old times' sakes.

the first test is blocking a zdeno chara slap shot. you up for that task?

Doing this would just expediate the creation of a new league. All the locked out NHL players would form a new league and people would be clamouring to watch the best in the world do what they do. The 'NHL' and it's scabs would quickly fall apart and we'd never hear from Bettman again. I'm starting to like this idea.

Would never happen. The players don't have the resources or connections to create a viable league that would make them enough money. You expect them to play for free?

These players are used to making millions of dollars. I just can't see them taking more of a cut than they would if they signed a new CBA with the NHL and owners. With the NHLPA saying they are doing this to protect all their players, creating a new league would leave a lot of those players without jobs.

For starters they would need to find arena's to play it that would make it work while, good luck with that one.

I'd watch the AHL, KHL or CHL before going replacement players (so many players nearing NHL ready in the A and CHL, KHL also has some decent names)

I'd watch the AHL, KHL or CHL before going replacement players (so many players nearing NHL ready in the A and CHL, KHL also has some decent names)

I will take Shane Falco! He played Quarterback once, so I don`t see why he could not transition on the ice.

This would be a B-List league at best. European League and NHL rejects.

I'm sure they would still charge a hefty amount for tickets, not to mention food and beverages in the rink.

I would much much much rather go watch a WHL or AHL game for a fraction of the price and not a much lower skill level.

If they actually do this it would ruin any credibility the NHL has left.

This would be a B-List league at best. European League and NHL rejects.

I'm sure they would still charge a hefty amount for tickets, not to mention food and beverages in the rink.

I would much much much rather go watch a WHL or AHL game for a fraction of the price and not a much lower skill level.

If they actually do this it would ruin any credibility the NHL has left.

Are you saying you wouldn't try out? :bigblush:

Not even to raise that Cup? :bigblush:

Any team with me would be a looooonng way off winning any cup.