The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

On 2/10/2016 at 4:28 AM, the last outlaw said:

Bryan still has several years remaining on his WWE contract. The only way to get out of it would be taking WWE to court.

Why would he want to get out of the contract?  They pay good money.  The guy has wrestled in very tough matches, he did the diving headbutt like Benoit used to do.  I doubt he is going to risk his health because of his wife and the possibility of a family.  I doubt he wants to die young like so many others.

This is Neville doing a 450 onto DB:

ZfMtt43.jpg

Edited by swflyers8

Jericho getting a lot of backlash for "burying" Styles on Smackdown. I actually have no problem with Styles losing to Jericho. Fans put too much on wins and losses, they mean absolutely nothing, and quiet honestly, I hate it when a newcomer comes in and have a long winning streak, only to lose to the top guy and lose momentum. How any times have we seen that happen?

My theory is if you're able to put on a good match, regardless of the outcome and you're over with the crowd. People backstage will notice, and you'll eventually get that push. It happened with Guerrero, Jericho, Edge, Punk, Bryan, and that guy we can't mention.

5 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Jericho getting a lot of backlash for "burying" Styles on Smackdown. I actually have no problem with Styles losing to Jericho. Fans put too much on wins and losses, they mean absolutely nothing, and quiet honestly, I hate it when a newcomer comes in and have a long winning streak, only to lose to the top guy and lose momentum. How any times have we seen that happen?

My theory is if you're able to put on a good match, regardless of the outcome and you're over with the crowd. People backstage will notice, and you'll eventually get that push. It happened with Guerrero, Jericho, Edge, Punk, Bryan, and that guy we can't mention.

Burying? That's ridiculous. That was his first loss since showing up. It's just basic feud mechanics. It's leading up to a blow off match at the PPV, which needs some back and forth. A blow off match where Styles is going over anyways. 

If he somehow lost his first PPV match, they'd have a point about his place in the company, but this? It's just a match on Smackdown.

3 minutes ago, g_bassi13 said:

Burying? That's ridiculous. That was his first loss since showing up. It's just basic feud mechanics. It's leading up to a blow off match at the PPV, which needs some back and forth. A blow off match where Styles is going over anyways. 

If he somehow lost his first PPV match, they'd have a point about his place in the company, but this? It's just a match on Smackdown.

Brah, Jericho is old and a jobber.........he's suppose to put over talents.

22 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Brah, Jericho is old and a jobber.........he's suppose to put over talents.

and WWE's roster is currently so paper thin you could fart and blow the whole thing down. They need him as more than an enhancement talent right now.

4 hours ago, Nail3738 said:

and WWE's roster is currently so paper thin you could fart and blow the whole thing down. They need him as more than an enhancement talent right now.

I think fans are moreso peeved off at the loss, because they don't see Jericho as a big threat, anymore. Which is understandable. I don't think he has won any of his feuds, since returning in 2012. Therefore, this win against Styles, left a lot of sour taste in those smarky fans mouth. Who think Styles should be treated, as a main event guy in the WWE, right away. The think is, it's not like Styles loss to some glorified jobber. He loss to Chris freakin' Jericho. The guy who is a record breaking 9-time IC Champion, 6-time Wprld Champion, and a future first ballot Hall of Famer. Not someone like, Doink the Clown.

If people are upset about the loss, they should really listen to Styles, when he was on Jericho's podcast last week. Styles literally said, it doesn't matter what he did in the past. He doesn't expect people to give him the top spot, just because of his past accomplishments. He knows he has to start from the bottom, work his way up, and show he belong in the WWE.

7 minutes ago, TheHitman said:

Been disappointed with AJ/Y2J matches so far.  

I quite liked them. They're not 5 star matches, but they're the best matches the WWE have put out over the last few weeks. And they've been working that feud quite well, giving it a reasoning, and some solid heat.

On 2016-02-13 at 8:04 PM, swflyers8 said:

Why would he want to get out of the contract?  They pay good money.  The guy has wrestled in very tough matches, he did the diving headbutt like Benoit used to do.  I doubt he is going to risk his health because of his wife and the possibility of a family.  I doubt he wants to die young like so many others.

This is Neville doing a 450 onto DB:

ZfMtt43.jpg

He had recently stated that he would wrestle again whether it be in WWE or elsewhere. That was before he obviously found out about the recent test he had on his brain and why he's retired.