The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thinking about a tattoo

Salter

Do it.

Any tattoo with a meaning such as this will not be regreted.

Make sure you take your time to really think about what you want, and don't cheap out on the artist. This is something that will be a part of you for the rest of your life, make sure you get it done right.

This is a great tattoo idea. Most 15-16 year old have the worst ideas but this is awesome. Not something that I'd expect you to regret.

I've personally only got one tattoo. It's my daughter's name on the inside of my bicep. I figure if there ever comes a day when I regret having my child's name on my body, it probably means I got bigger problems in life than tattoos.

I'd wait a couple more years to get it, and work on the overall concept of what you want. Then when you find the artist and have a better idea of the overall idea.. you talk to the artist and they will put a little more art "spin" into the idea.. not only will it look better, but you'll still feel like it was your design.

I have 4 of them so far. First one was a canadian maple leaf with a skull and crossed hockey sticks like a pirate flag (for my love of hockey.. oh and I'm american.) 2nd was the "Big Red One" patch (US Army) with two "TT" over it (in tribute to my father with the first initials of my niece and nephew.) 3rd is my zodiac and my sisters zodiac symbols mixed together (looks like a sports logo) with colors reversed (she's a water sign... colored red, mine is a fire sign.. colored blue.) And my most recent tattoo is "Max" from "Where the Wild Things Are" and the red star from the Rush album "2112"

So in each one, the overall idea was mine... but I needed the artist to make it look good.

Other advice... make sure you put it in a place that is easy to cover up.

Well what he wants to get isn't a bad tattoo at all, so I'm failing to see the issue. Some tattoos age very well, and if not they can be gone over and look good as new. Besides, when you get old you start to look bad anyways, so it doesn't really matter.

Translation: I don't like them, therefore they're bad. Also, you need to stop abusing the ellipsis. It's meant to denote that part of the text has been lost, not as a conjunctive device. Unless you want people to read your posts in a dying man's voice, use proper punctuation

Stay with me here, this will likely come as a big shock to you. Not everything people do is meant for attention. The guy wants a permanent tribute to his parents. It isn't difficult to understand. He's not tattooing "I'M SAD GIVE ME ATTENSHUNS" across his forehead. I know plenty of people with tattoos you can't even see.

my posts for these kinds of threads usually include the words "idiot, dumb, stupid, ugly..etc," but this time, i think it is far from that.

for you, this tattoo would have a real significant meaning to you, and for that, i say go for it. this actually almost brought a tear to my eye.

you have a personal connection to the message and so i would say do it.

Archived