87 replies to this topic

#1 Dazzle

Dazzle

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,942 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:12 AM

A big F Y for those who find stuff that don't belong to them and keep it. Lost a pair of higher-end earphones (no, not the Dr. Dre beats - not high end stuff at all) - my fault for not taking care of it and leaving it on the bus, presumably. 400 dollar retail earphones lost on the bus? Nope.. not showing up at the Lost and Found.

The next time I see a lost item, I am going to return it and advertise it all over to hopefully let the owner know that it's safe and can be picked up free of charge. (I looked all over and nobody is dumb enough to resell it on CL just yet)

Anyhow, I am just going to throw this rant in, buy myself another brand of earphones and to those who found it, enjoy it while you can. You're owing karma some debt.
Posted Image --> THANKS EGATTI.

I have to say Dazzle's was the coolest. ROTFLOL

#2 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,506 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:15 AM

Hmm,
Tough call here, I'm assuming you live I'm Vancouver here. Lets say you find $50 on the bus, is it your lucky day? Or your responsibility to return it to one of the hundreds of people who use public transit? Either way, people Will lie and say its their item they lost.
Posted Image

#3 Dazzle

Dazzle

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,942 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:18 AM

Hmm,
Tough call here, I'm assuming you live I'm Vancouver here. Lets say you find $50 on the bus, is it your lucky day? Or your responsibility to return it to one of the hundreds of people who use public transit? Either way, people Will lie and say its their item they lost.

Well aware of this possibility.

The thing is, my earphones are quite distinct. In a lot of my experiences (on the bus), I have never seen earphones remotely like mine. They are of a certain colour and shiny. They're also IEMs, which make it REALLY easy to spot - unlike the countless number of Ipod earbuds. If I do see it, I'm going to pay that listener a visit! Chances are, they can't even identify the model, let alone the number of armature drivers in it.

They are not the very best - but they are the breaking ground between good earphones and serious earphones which start climbing up in price astronomically. They're not Dr. Dre beats.

For serious audiophiles, these are "mid-grade". They're really decent and way above average for the regular commuter and THAT is why it stands out - in a bad way for them!

Anyhow, this is the thread where you've lost a dear item to you and you just want to get some healthy release because there's not a chance in the world that you'd get it returned.

Edited by Dazzle, 11 October 2012 - 01:25 AM.

#4 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,506 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:31 AM

Well aware of this possibility.

The thing is, my earphones are quite distinct. In a lot of my experiences (on the bus), I have never seen earphones remotely like mine. They are of a certain colour and shiny. They're also IEMs, which make it REALLY easy to spot - unlike the countless number of Ipod earbuds. If I do see it, I'm going to pay that listener a visit! Chances are, they can't even identify the model, let alone the number of armature drivers in it.

They are not the very best - but they are the breaking ground between good earphones and serious earphones which start climbing up in price astronomically. They're not Dr. Dre beats.

For serious audiophiles, these are "mid-grade". They're really decent and way above average for the regular commuter and THAT is why it stands out - in a bad way for them!

Anyhow, this is the thread where you've lost a dear item to you and you just want to get some healthy release because there's not a chance in the world that you'd get it returned.

Ah, I understand now. It makes sense why you're angry, I hope your item is returned.
Posted Image

#5 Dazzle

Dazzle

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,942 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:33 AM

Ah, I understand now. It makes sense why you're angry, I hope your item is returned.

Thanks!

But I'm sure you might have lost something too. Vent with me if you like! :D I'd like to hear why it was so important. Maybe we can continue grieving.

#6 Bob.Loblaw

Bob.Loblaw

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,321 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:36 AM

I once left a Canucks hat on a bus at a terminal stop. You can imagine how pissed I was when the driver didn't let me check for it and just drove off somewhere else.
Posted Image

Hockey_Crazy is a god. But I still got dibs on Yuna.

#7 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,207 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:37 AM

Same. When I lost my wallet. No cash, just a bunch of useless plastic to someone that isn't me. Unless they're going to steal my identity, and given most people don't have a clue how, it's useless to them. Just return it you prick.

Although I do think a 'friend' took it, but whatever, can't prove it so no real point making the accusation.

Edited by Tortorella's Rant, 11 October 2012 - 01:38 AM.

Posted Image

#8 Dazzle

Dazzle

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,942 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:42 AM

I once left a Canucks hat on a bus at a terminal stop. You can imagine how pissed I was when the driver didn't let me check for it and just drove off somewhere else.

WOW, what a prick! It is understandable. :mellow:

I take it you didn't try lost and found? Apparently, someone had left a bag on the bus before and it was returned, eventually.

Same. When I lost my wallet. No cash, just a bunch of useless plastic to someone that isn't me. Unless they're going to steal my identity, and given most people don't have a clue how, it's useless to them. Just return it you prick.

Awful.

How people are willing to do awful things as long as anonymity is involved. They had several opportunities to return that wallet with the cash in it.

I would like to see their faces when they get busted!!!

#9 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Fruit

• Members
  • 10,383 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:42 AM

A big F Y for those who find stuff that don't belong to them and keep it. Lost a pair of higher-end earphones (no, not the Dr. Dre beats - not high end stuff at all) - my fault for not taking care of it and leaving it on the bus, presumably. 400 dollar retail earphones lost on the bus? Nope.. not showing up at the Lost and Found.

The next time I see a lost item, I am going to return it and advertise it all over to hopefully let the owner know that it's safe and can be picked up free of charge. (I looked all over and nobody is dumb enough to resell it on CL just yet)

Anyhow, I am just going to throw this rant in, buy myself another brand of earphones and to those who found it, enjoy it while you can. You're owing karma some debt.

I feel your pain. Was at the Commodore some weeks back for Monstertruck/foxseeds. Fire alarm got pulled and in the confusion that followed to get out, I lost my blackberry (yes, a blackberry) somehow. Anyhow it never was turned in or found. I sent it numerous texts that I'd give a reward to get back, but nothing.

#10 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:44 AM

Relax buddy, We are living in a world where millions of people lose their lives ( including children ) for the gasoline you put in your car and the diamond you buy for you girlfriend.

Quit crying over $60 headphones.

#11 Dazzle

Dazzle

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,942 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:45 AM

I feel your pain. Was at the Commodore some weeks back for Monstertruck/foxseeds. Fire alarm got pulled and in the confusion that followed to get out, I lost my blackberry (yes, a blackberry) somehow. Anyhow it never was turned in or found. I sent it numerous texts that I'd give a reward to get back, but nothing.

Yikes, in a lot of ways, that's way more important. Contact details are on there. Schedules go out of loop. Return the damn item! It doesn't belong to you. Or at least have the decency to return it to the lost and found, if there's a pass on it.

I take it.. if there was no pass, it would have an even higher chance of it being gone. :/

#12 Dazzle

Dazzle

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,942 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:46 AM

Relax buddy, We are living in a world where millions of people lose their lives ( including children ) for the gasoline you put in your car and the diamond you buy for you girlfriend.

Above points duly noted but they are NOT 60 dollar headphones.

In a lot of ways, our "civilized" societies are not better than the ones you describe (i.e. Mexico, South America, Somalia, etc etc)

#13 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:50 AM

Above points duly noted but they are NOT 60 dollar headphones.

In a lot of ways, our "civilized" societies are not better than the ones you describe (i.e. Mexico, South America, Somalia, etc etc)

You miss the point young grasshopper.

#14 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Fruit

• Members
  • 10,383 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:51 AM

Yikes, in a lot of ways, that's way more important. Contact details are on there. Schedules go out of loop. Return the damn item! It doesn't belong to you. Or at least have the decency to return it to the lost and found, if there's a pass on it.

I take it.. if there was no pass, it would have an even higher chance of it being gone. :/

no pass on it, luckily I didn't have a tonne of incriminating stuff on it. I also always kept it back up on the computer, but i was still out around $200 to get a phone through insurance, case, and memory card. My stupidity for not having Blackberry Protect setup, could have just wiped the phone remotely... but not the point!

Whats the point of even bringing this up? Still doesn't make it right to keep something that doesn't belong to you. It's essentially stealing. Your logic doesn't make it any more right.

#15 Dazzle

Dazzle

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,942 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:56 AM

no pass on it, luckily I didn't have a tonne of incriminating stuff on it. I also always kept it back up on the computer, but i was still out around $200 to get a phone through insurance, case, and memory card. My stupidity for not having Blackberry Protect setup, could have just wiped the phone remotely... but not the point!

Whats the point of even bringing this up? Still doesn't make it right to keep something that doesn't belong to you. It's essentially stealing. Your logic doesn't make it any more right.

Yes. One way or another, we were once stoked to have that item and due to carelessness or deliberate theft, it is now gone, happily taken by those who have no qualms with that. Some people who take stuff actually CAN afford it - like that now-fired TSA employee in Florida that tried to take an ABC Ipad, tried to lie that that he had it THEN tried to lie how he obtained it.

Amazing.

#16 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:56 AM

Did OP have his/her contact info on the headphones? I didn't think so.

Also the point was if one is worried about ethics then worry about what you do not what others do.

Perhaps we need oil more than the ppl we kill to steal oil from.

Edited by WHL rocks, 11 October 2012 - 01:59 AM.

#17 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:03 AM

There are a lot of terrible people out there. For example, I found a wallet several years back and returned it to the guy's house. You'd think he'd be happy and/or appreciative, right? Nope ... Guy got pissed off at me because I brought it to his house :rolleyes:

Anyways, don't expect people to be moral ...

#18 Dazzle

Dazzle

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,942 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:07 AM

Did OP have his/her contact info on the headphones? I didn't think so.

Also the point was if one is worried about ethics then worry about what you do not what others do.

Perhaps we need oil more than the ppl we kill to steal oil from.

I believe sincerely you are the one that is missing the point of this thread. It's meant as a memorial for items that you lost that was never returned and the fact that you had to live with that.

While I do agree with your points that our daily activities affect another person's life on the other side of the globe (i.e. manufacturing of electronic/sporting goods from China) and the energy needed to transport it, AND it goes through a process sometimes not known to the consumer when paying for the item(s), your point actually highlights the idea that there is no excuse in taking something that does not belong to you. I'm sure someone out there is happily enjoying the baseball cap of the Canucks logo somewhere, or someone using a Blackberry that wasn't his/hers to begin with. It makes them look worse.

#19 Dazzle

Dazzle

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,942 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:09 AM

There are a lot of terrible people out there. For example, I found a wallet several years back and returned it to the guy's house. You'd think he'd be happy and/or appreciative, right? Nope ... Guy got pissed off at me because I brought it to his house :rolleyes:

Anyways, don't expect people to be moral ...

WOW.

Well, you were the better person and it doesn't matter if he didn't appreciate it. Somewhere in the world (i.e.) me, recognizes that! Well done! That is awesome, even though the end result is much less desirable!

I wonder why he freaked out about that.

#20 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:14 AM

i once caught this ex-neigbour of mine trying to steal my puppy like 6 years ago
Posted Image

#21 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Fruit

• Members
  • 10,383 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:15 AM

Yes. One way or another, we were once stoked to have that item and due to carelessness or deliberate theft, it is now gone, happily taken by those who have no qualms with that. Some people who take stuff actually CAN afford it - like that now-fired TSA employee in Florida that tried to take an ABC Ipad, tried to lie that that he had it THEN tried to lie how he obtained it.

Amazing.

I started that thread about the TSA guy on here, and it got out of hand pretty fast. The logic behind how some people tried to justify him stealing it dumbfounded me. People seem to think that if they can't afford it, they have the right to steal it from someone who can. With that logic, our future is screwed.

Edited by zero-ONE-three, 11 October 2012 - 02:17 AM.

#22 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Fruit

• Members
  • 10,383 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:17 AM

i once caught this ex-neigbour of mine trying to steal my puppy like 6 years ago

Heres one for the WTF? moment. When I was a kid someone came into our garage/carport and stole our Christmas tree that my Dad had left in there for a couple days to let some needles fall off.

#23 Dazzle

Dazzle

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,942 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:18 AM

huh, wow.

Why did he turn into an ex-neighbour? Exiled out of the neighbourhood?

Also, what did you say/do to stop him?

I started that thread about the TSA guy on here, and it got out of hand pretty fast. The logic behind how some people tried to justify him stealing it dumfounded me. People seem to think that if they can't afford it, they have the right to steal it from someone who can. With that logic, our future is screwed.

Yeah no, definitely not justified in stealing it, regardless of how little or much he had. He was well-off. He was just damned greedy.

His house was average or better than the average American, and with his job and its benefits, there was no reason he couldn't afford that Ipad. He just had piss poor morals.

#24 Dazzle

Dazzle

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,942 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:19 AM

Heres one for the WTF? moment. When I was a kid someone came into our garage/carport and stole our Christmas tree that my Dad had left in there for a couple days to let some needles fall off.

And that is how the Grinch stole Christmas. What douchebags.

#25 Froggy Fresh

Froggy Fresh

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:20 AM

I've had 2 of my iPod's stolen/not returned.

My first one was taken after it fell out of my jacket while watching a school basketball game. I was new at the school and was told the name of the person who took it. I had no idea who the person was, but they were not going to give it back. Apparently they smashed the screen, cleared everything on it and continued using it just so there was no way I could prove it was mine.

I lost my second one last year at my current school. This one, I'm not so sure about. Either it fell out of my pocket while I was getting out of my car, or it was this sketchy guy walking behind me who picked it out of my pocket. Even if it did fall out of my pocket, no one bothered returning it. If it was the sketchy guy who picked it from my pocket, he's a complete dick. My jacket was stupidly made which made my iPod stick out of my pockets. I never bothered confronting him, so I guess it's my fault at the end.

As rattled as I was to lose both of them, they were both my fault. Losing an iPod won't ruin my entire life.

I'll probably get a new iPod at the end of this month anyways lol.

Posted Image

Credit to (>'-')> for the amazing sig!

#26 Canuckerbird

Canuckerbird

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:41 AM

While a lot of people may just keep what they find, there are still some out there that actually do the right thing. My little brother once came home after losing his wallet on the bus. I drove him to the bus station in hopes of finding the bus he lost it on. That proved fruitless and we went home empty handed. And hour later a stranger knocked on our door and returned my brother's wallet complete with the forty dollars he had inside. We invited him for dinner as we were just about to eat. He gracefully declined and went on his merry way.
My friend asked me if I wanted a frozen banana. I said "No. But I do want a normal banana later, so...ya."- The Late Mitch Hedberg

Go Canucks GO

#27 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,628 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:23 AM

Not something that was stolen but I heard this story on the radio yesterday:

A poor garbage man was cleaning out an old house. He found wads of cash. Instead of keeping it (remember, he doesn't have very much money) he returned it to the family that had lived there.

Just thought I'd share that.

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Nobody breaks from Mafia... Mafia breaks YOU!

CDCFL - Montreal Canadiens GM
CDCEHL - Winnipeg Jets AGM

#28 Dittohead

Dittohead

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,190 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:02 AM

POPULAR

I found these awesome ear buds on the bus. think they retail for several hundred dollars. score!

#29 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,628 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:10 AM

I found these awesome ear buds on the bus. think they retail for several hundred dollars. score!

I see what you did there :bigblush:

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Nobody breaks from Mafia... Mafia breaks YOU!

CDCFL - Montreal Canadiens GM
CDCEHL - Winnipeg Jets AGM

#30 Kyle0811

Kyle0811

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:36 AM

I'd like to share my experience from the other side...the guy that found a phone and tried to return it. A bunch of years ago when i was in my early 20's, I was with some friends at a bar like most 20 year olds do. A fight broke out and in the mass confusion as we all scattered I came across a cell phone sitting on the ground, I picked it up and before I knew it we were getting cabbed out of the pub and back home.

With all the intentions of returning this phone, I scowered through the contact list and sent text messages to some contacts on the phone advising them I found the phone and I had intentions to return it. not long after I got a phone call back from a guy that was quite upset I had the phone, calling me a thief among other things. (turns out it was the girl who owned the phones boyfriend) I scheduled a time to return the phone once the guy calmed down,(cooler heads prevail) and we met. He showed up with 3 other guys who were very standoffish and the girl. I handed over the phone, amidst being called a thief again to my face. No thank you, nothing.

Granted, I would not hesitate to do the same thing again if I found a phone or anything else of value for that matter. I feel most people that find things just are too self centered to have to deal with giving it back to the rightful owner. This is a me me me society, most people have very little regard for others. (Not saying all, theres definately some great people out there)

Anyways that's my 2 cents on an experience I had years ago.
QUOTE (TheDominator)
Kyle. He's so hot right now. Kyle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.