The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

RIP Amanda Todd

Kass9

I agree with you on a lot of matters here, but you sure make it difficult for me to want to argue on your side. Talking down, insulting and trying way too hard to use big words as if it somehow fortifies your point are terrible debate strategies.

For the suicide argument, he said it happens every 40 seconds. There was no reason to believe that he was specifically talking about Canada. You made a mistake and you're burying yourself deeper. You'll receive much more respect in the future by just admitting that you misunderstood the statement.

Your agreement was never necessary nor important to me. Should you choose to argue against the inanity of others, argue them on your own motivations.

If my words are too 'big' for you, i suggest you buy a thesaurus.

And by the same logic, there's no reason to suggest that he was talking about the world wide stats. Logic works, try it.

Your agreement was never necessary nor important to me. Should you choose to argue against the inanity of others, argue them on your own motivations.

If my words are too 'big' for you, i suggest you buy a thesaurus.

And by the same logic, there's no reason to suggest that he was talking about the world wide stats. Logic works, try it.

So a relatively infrequent member makes a civil and valid point and you try to marginalize his/her contribution and subtlety attack his/her intelligence? There may be members on these forums who say really distasteful comments but you are the most toxic member I've ever seen. You have no respect for anyone unless they agree with you and you equate ignorance with opinions that don't fit into your world views. Please retort with the usual quips about my intelligence or comprehension.

So a relatively infrequent member makes a civil and valid point and you try to marginalize his/her contribution and subtlety attack his/her intelligence? There may be members on these forums who say really distasteful comments but you are the most toxic member I've ever seen. You have no respect for anyone unless they agree with you and you equate ignorance with opinions that don't fit into your world views. Please retort with the usual quips about my intelligence or comprehension.

Sharpshooter and TowelPower12 have been permanently suspended due to personal attacks and abusive behaviour.

While they were the major belligerents here I'd like to remind everyone to please maintain respect for your fellow users even if their viewpoint offends you. Personal attacks and abusive, belittling behaviour are not acceptable and there's no excuse for the type of discussion that has taken place in these last few pages.

I'm keeping the violating posts visible as an example and a warning to everyone. Re-opening the thread - please act like civilized human beings.

Archived