Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Fixing electronics by sprinkling cheese on them.

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#31 blister soul

blister soul

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,963 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:33 AM

"Poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese." - G.K. Chesterton

I love smoked cheese.

Edited by blister soul, 14 October 2012 - 12:33 AM.

“Reason is itself a matter of faith. It is an act of faith to assert that our thoughts have any relation to reality at all.” - G.K. Chesterton

“Unbelief is as much of a choice as belief is. What makes it in many ways more appealing is that whereas to believe in something requires some measure of understanding and effort, not to believe doesn't require much of anything at all.” - Frederick Buechner

“All human nature vigorously resists grace because grace changes us and the change is painful.” - Flannery O'Connor

“My argument against God was that the universe seemed so cruel and unjust. But how had I got this idea of just and unjust? A man does not call a line crooked unless he has some idea of a straight line. What was I comparing this universe with when I called it unjust?” - C.S. Lewis

#32 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:09 AM

This thread led me to preparing and then consuming a Provolone sandwich.
"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

Posted Image Posted Image

#33 Mainly Mattias

Mainly Mattias

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:18 AM

tried a low fat cheese once by mistake.

never again. NEVER!!!
“Your journey has molded you for your greater good, and it was exactly what it needed to be. Don't think you've lost time. There is no short-cutting to life. It took each and every situation you have encountered to bring you to the now. And now is right on time.” ― Asha Tyson

#34 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:21 AM

never again. NEVER!!!

protip: don't try vegan cheese. ever.

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#35 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,949 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:53 AM

Too late :\

Yeah, do yourself a favour, and never, for own sake, succumb to someone telling you it's good. It's not.

Posted ImagePosted Image

RIP LB RR PD

#36 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:05 AM

Is that even a question? haha ::D

Posted Image
Posted Image

#37 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,028 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:34 AM

Any good quality Blue cheese or McLaren's Imperial are excellent on Stoned Wheat Thin crackers .. everyday cheeses are Cracker Barrel Extra Old cheddar (buy the one with the "white" flush of aging then let it sit in the fridge for a couple of months before opening) and any quality "real" Swiss cheese .. for me, if the cheese does not have a real "bite" I am not eating it, the exception being quality Mozzarella on home-made pizza ..

Now I am hungry .. :)
"To Thine Own Self Be True"

#38 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64,393 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:34 AM

I like cheese on everything. B)
Posted Image

#39 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:46 PM

never again. NEVER!!!

A friend of my mother's who works for a dairy company once told her to never EVER buy/consume anything diary that is 'low-fat' or 'no-fat'. She wouldn't say why because she still works there but she said 'just trust me' with a rather stern look on her face.
"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

Posted Image Posted Image

#40 Mainly Mattias

Mainly Mattias

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:02 PM

A friend of my mother's who works for a dairy company once told her to never EVER buy/consume anything diary that is 'low-fat' or 'no-fat'. She wouldn't say why because she still works there but she said 'just trust me' with a rather stern look on her face.

:wacko: the regular and the low fat packaging was just so similar... alas, a good lesson learned. Read labels carefully!!
“Your journey has molded you for your greater good, and it was exactly what it needed to be. Don't think you've lost time. There is no short-cutting to life. It took each and every situation you have encountered to bring you to the now. And now is right on time.” ― Asha Tyson

#41 Green Building

Green Building

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:36 PM

I have eaten 100's of different kinds of cheese throughout my travels. I am proud to say that we have a phenomenal Canadian, clothbound, cheddar made in PEI.

http://www.cows.ca/avonleacheddar

This is an expensive cheese (they all are, but this one slightly more so), but very worth it. Don't waste it by putting it on burgers or pizza. It needs only your favourite crackers and fruits to shine.

Now I will be buying more of it this week thanks to this thread. For those who don't like blue cheese, but wish to give it a fair shake, try a piece of Fourme d'Ambert (if not Cambozola). Fourme is a lightly pungent blue that has great farmhouse aromas and flavours. http://www.formaggio...products_id=949

In my fridge right now there is an aged asiago, a wedge of Reggiano, some extra old dutch gouda, and cave aged gruyere.

I am shocked to not be fat.

Edited by Green Building, 14 October 2012 - 08:36 PM.

#42 goalie13

goalie13

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,870 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:45 PM

Don't forget artisan cheeses. There's a great little place here on the Island called Qualicum Cheeseworks.

We've been getting their Rathtrevor cheese lately. Dang it's good!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#43 Nucks fan555555

Nucks fan555555

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:27 PM

yummmm
Go Canucks Go

#44 ckamo

ckamo

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:33 PM

But yes, I do like cheese. Love me some camembert...stinky as hell though. And I love emmental (Swiss, though I think Swiss is more a general term?) in my sandwiches.

Edited by ckamo, 14 October 2012 - 10:34 PM.

#45 J.R.

J.R.

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,417 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:29 AM

Any good quality Blue cheese or McLaren's Imperial are excellent on Stoned Wheat Thin crackers .. everyday cheeses are Cracker Barrel Extra Old cheddar (buy the one with the "white" flush of aging then let it sit in the fridge for a couple of months before opening) and any quality "real" Swiss cheese .. for me, if the cheese does not have a real "bite" I am not eating it, the exception being quality Mozzarella on home-made pizza ..

Other than blue cheese (just can't bring myself to eat it) that pretty much mirrors my sentiment. Also love a good Applewood smoked and occasionally some nice Boursin.
Posted Image

If anybody goes to Maui...you also have to try some cheese and chocolate truffles made at the Surfing Goat Dairy there. Some of the best chocolates and goat cheese I've ever had...yumm

http://www.surfinggoatdairy.com/
Posted Image
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted Image

#46 *vInTaGe*

*vInTaGe*

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,408 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:11 AM

Edam, it's gouda for you.

Posted Image

#47 blister soul

blister soul

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,963 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:44 AM

Boursin is amazing. Makes a good, quick alfredo sauce for pasta with a little bit of milk.
“Reason is itself a matter of faith. It is an act of faith to assert that our thoughts have any relation to reality at all.” - G.K. Chesterton

“Unbelief is as much of a choice as belief is. What makes it in many ways more appealing is that whereas to believe in something requires some measure of understanding and effort, not to believe doesn't require much of anything at all.” - Frederick Buechner

“All human nature vigorously resists grace because grace changes us and the change is painful.” - Flannery O'Connor

“My argument against God was that the universe seemed so cruel and unjust. But how had I got this idea of just and unjust? A man does not call a line crooked unless he has some idea of a straight line. What was I comparing this universe with when I called it unjust?” - C.S. Lewis

#48 Langdon Algur

Langdon Algur

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,003 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:21 PM

Good tip. My wife just bought some of it and tried to convince me it was just like the real thing, so not true!! Low fat cheese I can deal with, but vegan cheese is like eating paint chips.
"What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on?" ~ Henry David Thoreau

#49 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:27 PM

Good tip. My wife just bought some of it and tried to convince me it was just like the real thing, so not true!! Low fat cheese I can deal with, but vegan cheese is like eating paint chips.

+1 for sympathy

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#50 Lui's Knob

Lui's Knob

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:02 PM

I love love love cutting cheese....

In half, quarters, cubes and eating it.

#51 nucklehead

nucklehead

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,175 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:46 AM

Oh so you cut the cheese...
Posted Image

If the way Torts stepped up doesn't inspire anyone to work harder, I'll drive them to the airport myself.

</p>

#52 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,949 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:59 AM

Yeah, I went a year not being able to consume dairy because I'd started getting stomach aches from all kinds of foods (problem has been fixed now). So, a friend of mine who is vegan recommended a bunch of vegan cheeses for me to try, saying they were great, and tasted just like real cheese.

Let's just say that after a few years of being vegan, she clearly forgot what real cheese tasted like.

I still have 2 bags of that crap in my freezer, because I refuse to eat it. It was also extremely expensive, so I refuse to throw it out, hahahaha.

Posted ImagePosted Image

RIP LB RR PD

#53 Mr. White

Mr. White

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:04 AM

I like a good smoked cheddar. Also aged gouda is delicious
Posted Image
^VanCauck93^

#54 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,843 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:57 AM

I have a container of that in my fridge at all times. For me the sharper the cheese the better. The Balderson 6 year aged cheddar is also really good, ittle pricey though.

#55 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:16 AM

Yep, ecspecially on my Pizza Hut Hot Dog crust Pizzas...... sweet delicious wholesome goodness right there

#56 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,829 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:22 AM

The real questions is who doesn't like cheese?

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 18 October 2012 - 11:22 AM.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#57 Spitfire_Spiky

Spitfire_Spiky

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:24 AM

The real questions is who doesn't like cheese?

Everybody except those lactose intolerant people. I feel sorry for them cuz they are missing out on the deliciousness that is cheese.
Mess with the Best, Die like the Rest

#58 Harbinger

Harbinger

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,197 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:35 AM

Everybody except those lactose intolerant people. I feel sorry for them cuz they are missing out on the deliciousness that is cheese.

I'm lactose intolerant and I still eat cheese. I can't help it. It's my favorite. Thinking about doing some kind of crazy mac and cheese right now.

Posted Image

#59 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,829 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:44 AM

Racists don't count!

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#60 ckamo

ckamo

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:11 PM

Actually, for some kinds of cheeses (including swiss =D) if you find higher quality stuff, the aging process reduces the lactose content to almost nothing.

Edited by ckamo, 18 October 2012 - 05:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.