203 replies to this topic

#151 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,924 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:33 PM

Much better effort overall. Rodin, however, will need to step up the intensity if he ever wants to make the NHL.

He has all the skill in the world, pace too, and he doesn't shy away from contact despite not being a big player. He just needs to put that talent together on a nightly basis against pro players and he can find a spot. Flashes of that won't be enough to keep him in the NHL.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#152 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,305 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:36 PM

Much better effort overall. Rodin, however, will need to step up the intensity if he ever wants to make the NHL.

One game does not make a career.

As the sentiment from last night was that Rodin was one of the best players on the ice last night; and that is why he was promoted to the line with Kassian and Schroeder to start todays game.
Posted Image

#153 vancity787

vancity787

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:38 PM

The Highlights have been posted on the Wolves website if anyone is interested.
Posted Image Posted Image

Cred to 10TRAVIS_NUCK10 for the sick sig!

#154 vancity787

vancity787

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:39 PM

He has all the skill in the world, pace too, and he doesn't shy away from contact despite not being a big player. He just needs to put that talent together on a nightly basis against pro players and he can find a spot. Flashes of that won't be enough to keep him in the NHL.

Sounds like 1 Alexander Semin.
Posted Image Posted Image

Cred to 10TRAVIS_NUCK10 for the sick sig!

#155 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,924 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:52 PM

The Highlights have been posted on the Wolves website if anyone is interested.

Check page 5, I already posted them here.

Sounds like 1 Alexander Semin.

Not at all. Rodin doesn't have any issues with attitude that we know of, it's more mentally being able to put it all together. In that way he's similar to Kassian where a light bulb moment might be enough. Neither will be accused of being a locker room cancer or anything like that.

#156 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:08 PM

Since we're all in the business of comparing our prospects to fully developed NHLers, who would we compare Rodin's potential to?

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

Posted Image
2 0 14 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#157 G-52

G-52

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:17 PM

Anyone have video of kassians hit?

Posted Image

#158 Sergei Shirokov

Sergei Shirokov

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,544 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:22 PM

Is Schroeder looking any where close to being NHL ready? Is he there 1st or 2nd line centre?

Edited by Sergei Shirokov, 14 October 2012 - 06:30 PM.

#159 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,844 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:31 PM

Is Schroeder looking any where close to being NHL ready?

He's looked great these last two games. Preaseason he was dominant 3 goals in 2 games. There really isn't a flaw to his game anymore, he's in every play battling, he's being used in every situation and he's fast as hell. He looked like an NHL player out there.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#160 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,209 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:47 PM

Shaw seems a bit like Marchand
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#161 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:48 PM

I wanna see the hitttttttttttttttttt lol

Posted Image

#162 WolfKeeper

WolfKeeper

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:14 PM

POPULAR

I wasn't at today's game and didn't get home until the third. I'm assuming this is the hit...

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ZEAQqKvpqYM
I like beer. And hockey.

#163 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,191 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:25 PM

Nice^^^ The next ones for Duncan Keith :)

Shades of the Torres/Seabrook hit ey?

Edited by RunningWild, 14 October 2012 - 07:26 PM.

#164 mpt

mpt

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:26 PM

Wtf? AHL affiliates make zero sense, Chicago doesn't get Chicago as their affiliate, Vancouver doesn't get abbotsford, but Toronto gets Toronto?

Actually the Ice Hogs are Chicago's affiliate and they are located just outside of Chicago. I actually believe the Ice Hogs arena is actually closer to the city of Chicago than the Chicago Wolves.

#165 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,924 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:28 PM

I wasn't at today's game and didn't get home until the third. I'm assuming this is the hit...

Oh yeah, that's the one.

He keeps his feet on the ice but does stand up into the hit, so it's hardly textbook, but I think it's still in the realm of legal. It looks a little worse than it is since his legs come out after the Ice Hogs player comes underneath him.

Still, nice to see some aggression and then the second player coming in turtle after he takes a punch from Kassian.

#166 G-52

G-52

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:33 PM

That was awesome seeing it close up and actually in focus.. Good work kassian!!!

Can I ask what video feed that clip is from wolfkeeper?

Posted Image

#167 Biasbieksa

Biasbieksa

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:35 PM

If kassian can do something like that to someone in the playoffs ( pat kane, Marchand, Clowe, bolland, take your pick) The hodgson trade was worth it , in my eyes lol

#168 WolfKeeper

WolfKeeper

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:36 PM

Actually the Ice Hogs are Chicago's affiliate and they are located just outside of Chicago. I actually believe the Ice Hogs arena is actually closer to the city of Chicago than the Chicago Wolves.

The Rockford IceHogs are located about an hour drive NW of Chicago. The Wolves play in Rosemont, which is a suburb adjacent to Chicago and O'Hare Airport.

Can I ask what video feed that clip is from wolfkeeper?

I recorded that from cable. The Wolves broadcast most of their games in the Chicago area, and it is a full multi-camera production, not the single camera AHL Live feed. They have had a contract with Comcast cable for years, but have added over-the-air broadcast partners the last couple of years in the mix.

Edited by WolfKeeper, 14 October 2012 - 07:37 PM.

I like beer. And hockey.

#169 velocity

velocity

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:45 PM

second guy gets pasted as well

#170 Spectacular

Spectacular

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:20 PM

Wow Kassian's a fkn beast. That HUGE hit, plasters the second guy and then that amazing pass for the 5th goal. Atta boy!

Posted ImagePosted Image

#171 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,209 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:03 PM

Haha Kassian looked so psycho when he said "Head down, that's when you're supposed to hit him no?"
His little laugh after made it look even scarier.

Sort of like Torres' bulging eyes
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#172 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,196 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:18 PM

Didn't get on the boxscore apart from a +1, but like I mentioned earlier, that 2nd unit PP were pretty good in the Ice Hogs end.

He was really good, he was everywhere.

zackass.png

#173 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:23 PM

Apparently even Nugent- Hopkins looked really mediocre in his first game, I expect Kassian to start tearing it up in a few games.

Posted Image

#174 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,196 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:35 PM

Connauton - NHL ready, no doubt. Used in all situations, 2 assists on the day.

Tanev - seems to be choking these last two games. 2 horrid giveaways today and deflected the 3rd goal against.

Connaution - Not 100% sure about that, I didn't see the entire game and I wasn't paying attention at sometimes, from what I saw he looked really good and I have no complaints about his play, I would just like to see this play more, then I will probably agree.

Tanev - Ya he seemed kinda shaky, although due to bad Quality I could barley tell when he was on the ice, but I do remember some bad turnovers.

I'm still confident in him however, I'm not really all that worried, I think he will pick it up. and to me he is still and NHL quality defensemen,

Schroeder - ABSOLUTE WATER BUG - this guy is so fast and works so hard. He's in the play every time he's on the ice.

100% agree, He has really worked on having a complete game and he has it now, I'm so glad I have been defending him because with play like this he will continue to prove the haters wrong. Can't wait till he gets and NHL shot.

Kassian - a little slow footed at times, but great play at the end of the game to out muscl Leddy and Lebda and pick up the assist on Sweatt's goal.

That play was all him for sure, I didn't think he was that bad, I thought he was decent, I do wanna see more of him and in better quality so I can really pay attention to his game, I'm still confident in him, I think his game will pick up over the next few games.

Rodin - could be softer than Raymond. He was replaced by Sweatt on his line.

I don't think I saw him play all that much I missed the first and part of the 2nd, so it is tough for me to judge but I have a feeling he will pick it up soon hopefully, he has the skills he just needs more intensity I guess.

Sweatt - upgraded to second line, strong play all game. Goal to top it off.

Yeah he did have a strong game.

Lack - shaky at times, coming off a shutout, still played great.

I thought he played well, I didn't really see the shakyness. Kruger and Morin's goals were both nice shots and the other one was cross crease I believe? so I dont blame him, I thought he was really stop when the puck was in tight, thought he had another great game.

Yeah I saw that, I was kind of impressed by that penalty to be honest, I didn't know much about him but when I saw that i thought "wow".

Andersson - MASSIVE swede. took a bad penalty for interference but I think it was because he's just too damn big.

Longpre - give this guy an NHL contract, that short handed goal was a thing of beauty.

Andersson - Yeah I saw that, I was kind of impressed by that penalty to be honest, I didn't know much about him but when I saw that i thought "wow".

Longpre - Im not sure yet, he did look really good and if he continues this play I would like to give him one but much like Connaution I want to see this play a bit longer before he gets that reward. I do like him though.

zackass.png

#175 WolfKeeper

WolfKeeper

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:00 PM

POPULAR

Highlights with a little more meat:

I like beer. And hockey.

#176 EV604

EV604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:31 PM

All the highlights here
http://www.chicagowo...win-in-24-hours

#177 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,924 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:42 PM

Again, the same ones I already posted earlier. Wolfkeeper has his own cut of events right above yours as well.

#178 CCF4E

CCF4E

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,505 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:44 PM

Was Sauve injured? Not sure what to make of the news that he's being scratched...
Posted Image

Ehrhoff isn't from europe....

#179 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,377 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:48 PM

Zack Kassian is a monster. "Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence and belligerence"
He green lights a hawk prospect behind the net and then 1 punches the guy coming in for revenge.
This guy's attitude is like a mixture of Scott Stevens/Kevin Bieksa/Todd Bertuzzi.

As for Connauton, it looks like he is letting Tanev know he's coming for his spot.

Subbancopy.jpg

#180 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,924 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:58 PM

Was Sauve injured? Not sure what to make of the news that he's being scratched...

I don't think I've heard anything specifically, but he hasn't progress well enough as a 2-way defenceman to warrant a top 4 spot if others are playing better in that role. I could see it as the Wolves seeing what they have in other players early in the season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.