The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] David Booth + pick <=> Marcus Johansson

How does this look for a deal? Strictly in terms of value and fit for each team I think Booth (+ low pick?) for Johansson works well for both teams.

The 2nd line needs a passer and Marcus fits the speed-oriented style. This team lacks a passer to connect the dots, and while Booth is a good player in his own right Johansson should be a more balanced player who can do things off the rush, whether it's setting up his line-mates or snapping one past the goalie himself. He brings a much needed element of skill and hands to complement the more rugged style that the North American skaters on this team, and he can really benefit from the space created while his mates work down low.

Meanwhile, Washington could use another shooter to fill out their 2nd line (Ribeiro and Marcus both pass first with their 2nd line shooter as Jason Chimera who's more of a 3rd line guy). Booth's physical play would also fit with the Caps' recent trend toward getting tougher for the playoffs (recently brought in Knuble, Brouwer, Hamrlik, Ward...), and with Semin leaving to Carolina they could use another high-level shooter.

Ovechkin - Backstrom - Brouwer

Chimera - Ribeiro - Booth

Twins - Burrows

Johansson - Kesler - Higgins (quick, balanced line)

Hansen - Lapierre - Kassian

Would this be a good move to balance both clubs? Is the value there for both sides? Looking forward to hearing any comments (this beats studying any day haha :P)

We need 2 things right now...a 2nd line Winger to help out that line, and

a 3rd line centre. Essentially we trade away one piece we need, for another piece we need, only to find that the piece we traded for must now fill the hole left by the player we traded away!!!

Logic is your friend.... (not the rapper)

We need 2 things right now...a 2nd line Winger to help out that line, and

a 3rd line centre. Essentially we trade away one piece we need, for another piece we need, only to find that the piece we traded for must now fill the hole left by the player we traded away!!!

Logic is your friend.... (not the rapper)

Without a rollback, Washington won't be in a position to take that much salary back.

I'm on the fence with Booth. There were times he looked like a perfect fit, and times he looked out of place - but I think most of the latter had to do with moving teams, injury recovery, and no chemistry with Kesler.

I say keep him. The main reason is from what I saw in the playoffs. He didn't score much, but created a lot of chances, and could have easily potted a few if he had luck and a weaker goalie. And, the main reason, is what he did to Mike Richards. In game one, Richards completely dominated. Early in game two, Booth rocked him - and Richards was downright invisable the rest of the series.

Even when Booth isn't scoring, we can use his grit and toughness.

Archived