7 replies to this topic

#1 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,159 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:54 PM

How does this look for a deal? Strictly in terms of value and fit for each team I think Booth (+ low pick?) for Johansson works well for both teams.

The 2nd line needs a passer and Marcus fits the speed-oriented style. This team lacks a passer to connect the dots, and while Booth is a good player in his own right Johansson should be a more balanced player who can do things off the rush, whether it's setting up his line-mates or snapping one past the goalie himself. He brings a much needed element of skill and hands to complement the more rugged style that the North American skaters on this team, and he can really benefit from the space created while his mates work down low.

Meanwhile, Washington could use another shooter to fill out their 2nd line (Ribeiro and Marcus both pass first with their 2nd line shooter as Jason Chimera who's more of a 3rd line guy). Booth's physical play would also fit with the Caps' recent trend toward getting tougher for the playoffs (recently brought in Knuble, Brouwer, Hamrlik, Ward...), and with Semin leaving to Carolina they could use another high-level shooter.

Ovechkin - Backstrom - Brouwer
Chimera - Ribeiro - Booth

Twins - Burrows
Johansson - Kesler - Higgins (quick, balanced line)
Hansen - Lapierre - Kassian

Would this be a good move to balance both clubs? Is the value there for both sides? Looking forward to hearing any comments (this beats studying any day haha :P)

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#2 22Sedinery33

22Sedinery33

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:10 PM

Simply put no...
Posted Image

#3 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

We need 2 things right now...a 2nd line Winger to help out that line, and
a 3rd line centre. Essentially we trade away one piece we need, for another piece we need, only to find that the piece we traded for must now fill the hole left by the player we traded away!!!

Logic is your friend.... (not the rapper)
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#4 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:02 PM

We need 2 things right now...a 2nd line Winger to help out that line, and
a 3rd line centre. Essentially we trade away one piece we need, for another piece we need, only to find that the piece we traded for must now fill the hole left by the player we traded away!!!

Logic is your friend.... (not the rapper)

No, we need a passing winger, and a third line centre, although I don't really think that we desperately need a third line centre, I'm confident that Lappiere can fill that role.

#5 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,795 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

I really like Johannsen as a player but as has been mentioned we need another 2nd line winger so we can't really just trade Booth for one because we're right back in the same situation.

"What players need is the right kind of strength and power. That includes learning to understand that leverage and positioning can be just as important as raw strength when it comes to winning battles in the game. It's more about timing and athleticism --and avoiding injury--than it is about how much you can bench press. I don't know how many times I've seen a guy with the physique of a defensive end line up a guy half his size, only to bounce off when he connects. Sure, there is room in the game for big guys who can throw their weight around. But for the most part, players are smart enough to see them coming--and strong enough to protect the puck when they arrive. There are trainers out there who know how to devlop hockey-specific strength--though a trainer can help only if a player follows the program. All too often, I've seen players sign up with the best trainer, but not show up for their workouts and never to reap the benefits."

Bobby Orr - ORR MY STORY Viking 2013

#6 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,789 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

I'd go Booth + 2nd for Johansson.
He could play the wing on the 2nd line or be our 3rd line center, since he can play both spots.
He would be the kind of playmaking winger we've been looking for for Kesler as well.
Posted Image

#7 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,936 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:36 PM

Without a rollback, Washington won't be in a position to take that much salary back.

I'm on the fence with Booth. There were times he looked like a perfect fit, and times he looked out of place - but I think most of the latter had to do with moving teams, injury recovery, and no chemistry with Kesler.

I say keep him. The main reason is from what I saw in the playoffs. He didn't score much, but created a lot of chances, and could have easily potted a few if he had luck and a weaker goalie. And, the main reason, is what he did to Mike Richards. In game one, Richards completely dominated. Early in game two, Booth rocked him - and Richards was downright invisable the rest of the series.

Even when Booth isn't scoring, we can use his grit and toughness.
Posted Image

#8 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:48 PM

I always wonder why we think our underachievers are the ones other teams will be interested in
I love rock and roll, just put another dime in the juice box baby.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.