The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Michigan passes bill allowing concealed weapons in schools, day care centers, stadiums, churches

dudeone

You can debate terminology all day, but by the end of the day the fact remains that the present day U.S. contains many more cultural and ethnic groups than Canada does and is argueably more inclusive.

Anybody who says otherwise must have just stepped out of a time machine or knows nothing of Canada outside of the GTA.

I get the gist, man...you're saying the difference actually is that the expectations are there to begin with, and you're saying when people from other places and cultures move to your country there are no expectations. Hell man...I might just move up there myself. That sounds fantastic. :)

You can debate terminology all day, but by the end of the day the fact remains that the present day U.S. contains many more cultural and ethnic groups than Canada does and is argueably more inclusive.

Anybody who says otherwise must have just stepped out of a time machine or knows nothing of Canada outside of the GTA.

I mean, for one thing, when you compare the faces you see in city streets, in adds, in the news media etc, what impression do you get?

Or when you simply compare census demographics and see that the U.S. doesn't have close to 80% of the population ethnically orginating from the British Isles, or that the percentage of nonwhite groups is much higher.

Why does any discussion between a Canadian and American involving American politics always seem to end up with the American having a pissy rant about Canadians thinking their superior/on a high horse/ivory tower etc? Usually shortly followed my some reference to their military might protecting us?

For the self proclaimed "greatest country", y'all can be a sensitive and defensive bunch.

Why does any discussion between a Canadian and American involving American politics always seem to end up with the American having a pissy rant about Canadians thinking their superior/on a high horse/ivory tower etc? Usually shortly followed my some reference to their military might protecting us?

For the self proclaimed "greatest country", y'all can be a sensitive and defensive bunch.

JR I damn well know we're not the greatest country, but if you can't detect an air of condescension from some of the posters here towards American government and the Constitution and the like...things such as "thank god i live in canada" or similar...tell me just how that doesn't appear to be someone hinting at "superiority". I think the US sucks, we can't make a decent car anymore, or much of anything else really, but this is a broad statement you have made. Our military for what it's worth isn't all IT'S cracked up to be either.

Archived