The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Michigan passes bill allowing concealed weapons in schools, day care centers, stadiums, churches

dudeone

2 people died in a "mass" shooting since 1996. That's very productive.

2/3 of all homicides in the US are gun related. How's that "guns don't kill people, people kill people" working out?

It's a "right" not a "requirement".

People have the "right" to live.

So now the slogan is "guns don't kill people, mental people kill people"...sad...

That's a nice sentiment about the right to live, it isn't the 99.9% of people who legally own and use guns that are violating people's right to live.. some outrageously small number of people abusing guns and killing others does not necessitate (unconstitutional) Australian-esque restrictions or a complete ban on guns.

You didn't address anything in my post whatsoever. You should try again after re-reading it.

That's a nice sentiment about the right to live, it isn't the 99.9% of people who legally own and use guns that are violating people's right to live.. some outrageously small number of people abusing guns and killing others does not necessitate (unconstitutional) Australian-esque restrictions or a complete ban on guns.

You didn't address anything in my post whatsoever. You should try again after re-reading it.

That's your statement so you should tell them.

You mistake math for made up s***.

Guns = object.

Object = doesn't take over someone's brain to make them kill, therefore they are not responsible for the EXTREME few who use them illegally

No guns = not possible, welcome back to planet Earth

Gun restrictions = tried and don't affect murder rates, welcome back to the US where murderers don't care about gun restriction laws and commit murder anyways

There's a lot you need to learn.

Irrelevant copy/paste of statistics is still irrelevant when it doesn't address the argument made in what you're responding to. Try again.

That's your statement so you should tell them.

You mistake math for made up s***.

Guns = object.

Object = doesn't take over someone's brain to make them kill, therefore they are not responsible for the EXTREME few who use them illegally

No guns = not possible, welcome back to planet Earth

Gun restrictions = tried and don't affect murder rates, welcome back to the US where murderers don't care about gun restriction laws and commit murder anyways

There's a lot you need to learn.

Irrelevant copy/paste of statistics is still irrelevant when it doesn't address the argument made in what you're responding to. Try again.

Odd because that's exactly what I'm reading.

Actually I stated my beliefs, I don't need awful attempts at caricaturing them to do so for me. I also don't own any guns so once again.. full of crap. :lol:

Australia isn't America, America has tried gun restrictions so why would you bother citing Australia? Oh right, because it doesn't favour your argument. Just pie in the sky "lets pretend it works for every country" hilarity. :lol:

Once again, America has tried gun restrictions.. and once again, how about citing how effective those were?

Ahh yes, because they weren't effective.

Murder rates have declined in that country regardless of gun restrictions.

I will hold off commenting on whether or not the US federal government is oppressive until I see if they are going to take any action against Colorado and Washington for passing legislation legalizing cannabis, which is obviously against federal law. I would honestly like to hear the POTUS and DEA say they are washing their hands of any notion to crack down or imprison any one in either of those states who now legally can possess up to an ounce of reefer. In my view, any laws that certain states pass, whether it be for cannabis or for same sex marriage, should be the choices of the states and the feds should stay out of it. I certainly don't think the government is oppressive enough to warrant the stockpiling of military grade weapons by civilians.

Archived