The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

THE SIMPSONS = BEST SHOW

gmen81

In some aspects. I'd still say Simpsons was the better show overall before it went downhill (seasons 9 and onwards).

I loved the show as a kid and as an adult I've grown to appreciate it even more. The humor was subtle and witty. No show could do a parody episode quite like The Simpsons. Watching it at a young age, it had the opposite effect on me where I would watch an older movie or show and remember it being spoofed by the Simpsons.

The premise of Futurama allowed for character development (Leela & Fry in particular) and episodes which were very sentimental and emotional. The Simpsons had a few like it (Bart ruins Thanks Giving, Bart sells his soul, Bart gets an F) but Futurama was certainly better in this category.

It's funny... the same people who are pretentious, opinionated and judgemental about music are pretentious, opinionated and judgemental about TV, as well. Anything "mainstream" is not good and anything "alternative" is good.

Enjoy what you want to enjoy, folks. No one can tell you what your faves are or what your "best of" is.

I enjoy Big Bang Theory, Hockey Night In Canada, Premier League Football and News shows. IMO, The Simpsons haven't been even close to the best show for at least 5 years. There sure are tons of awesome episodes over the years, though. Must be doing something right after being on the air for 20+ seasons.

This wasn't meant as how the Simpsons have been in the past 10 years. It was shows that are either still on or last aired within 10 years.

I didn't vote on how good shows have been recently, but how they have been overall. So I was basing my Simpsons votes on how it was 15 years ago.

i don't understand why you would decide on the best show in the last 10 years? what makes the last 10 years so special. if i like a show it doesn't need to be in the last 10 years. for me personally "married with children" will be tops for comedy with honorable mention of "allo! allo!". breaking bad gets tops for drama.

simpsons being the winner is no surprise, regardless if you're a fan of it or not you've seen an episode once in a while.

I'm more partial to Melissa Rauch...slutty little munchkin... ;) I love physics jokes and nerd humor...can't help it...actually wrote a Quantum Physics joke once.

Why are Quantum Physicists lousy at sex? Because when they find the position they can't find the momentum, and when they find the momentum, they can't find the position. ;)

i don't understand why you would decide on the best show in the last 10 years? what makes the last 10 years so special. if i like a show it doesn't need to be in the last 10 years. for me personally "married with children" will be tops for comedy with honorable mention of "allo! allo!". breaking bad gets tops for drama.

simpsons being the winner is no surprise, regardless if you're a fan of it or not you've seen an episode once in a while.

I'm more partial to Melissa Rauch...slutty little munchkin... ;) I love physics jokes and nerd humor...can't help it...actually wrote a Quantum Physics joke once.

Why are Quantum Physicists lousy at sex? Because when they find the position they can't find the momentum, and when they find the momentum, they can't find the position. ;)

Guest Gumballthechewy

I teach Science, Gumballthechewy. It connects on so many levels. I hated it at first, but, once I started to watch it, I realized it was pretty entertaining. Plus, Kaley Cuoco is easy on the eyes!

I chuckle to myself every time I see your sig and avatar. I've been a huge Futurama fan since it first aired...and lately I've been watching the season with "The Thin Blue Line" episode in it. I never laughed as hard as when I first saw that episode on TV, the part when Fry and URL are chasing down what turns out to be Erwin Schrodinger...then they ask him "What's in the box, Schrodinger?" "A cat, some poison und a cesium atom" then Fry says "The cat...is it alive or dead? Alive or dead?" "It's a superposition of both states" "We'll see about that" *RAAAAWR!" Then URL goes "There's also a lot of drugs in here". hahahahaha

I'm more partial to Melissa Rauch...slutty little munchkin...;) I love physics jokes and nerd humor...can't help it...actually wrote a Quantum Physics joke once.

Archived