The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Is Evander Kane back on the trade market?

Southpop45

Players negotiate all sorts of details into their contracts. If his agent got him the perk and the team agrees to it why not? Not all players make the same amount of money either, some get 500k, others get 10 million. Just because other players don't have this perk doesn't mean Kane can't negotiate it.

Not all players get NTC, some even get NMC. Some players get their own room on the road. This is just another perk for signing a lengthy extension in Winterpeg. I'd be making some demands to sign there too. Been there many time, it sucks.

But it hasn't been negotiated into his contract. So he shouldn't be allowed to take his girlfriend or "partner" on the teams road trips. If the Jets agreed in his contract that he could take his girl on the road trips then fine. It's in his contract and there isn't much anybody else can say about it. But that's not the case.

OK so the team isnt' paying for it then. Even better. It's not in his contract. What's he doing wrong? Whats wrong with him bringing his girlfriend on the road by paying himself. The team provided hotel is a shared room with another team mate, obviously hes not sleeping in there with his gf, so what if he pays for his own hotel. He makes millions of dollars why not use some of it to spend more time with someone he loves? I just don't understand why anyone is upset about this. How is this a problem for hockey fans.

I'm sure he only spends time with her during his time off. Pretty sure he isn't missing practices to hang out with her on the road, or showing up late for a game on the road because of her.

NFL players take their entire families to the biggest game of their careers, the Super Bowl. Whats wrong with a hockey player doing it. If I'm Kane's parents I'd be happy he's found someone he enjoys spending so much time with. Another plus is he won't be at bars getting drunk trying to pick up girls. I just don't see the problem with this, on the contrary I think it shows hes a mature person in a committed relationship.

I read the bleacher report article. Again what seems to be the problem? I hear pub and bar adds on TEAM 1040 all the time. I see beer adds on every break during HNIC and TSN NHL broadcasts. Molson is among the biggest NHL sponsors.

What is the problem with Kane making effort to capitalize on his brand? Why can't he make money by promoting establishments that sell beer when the NHL as a league does business with Molson beer? This is just non sense. ppl are looking for things with this guy. Winnipeg press needs to layoff a little bit. No NHL star is going to want to stay there if this is how they are treated. It's a small town and these players are used to the big city. Can't have it both ways Winnipeg. You wanna be known as a big city with an NHL team? quit acting like village folk.

No, you never said he would be a good fit in the locker room, but you did say he "was a beauty". Which is worse. I know first hand how this kid is. It probably did have more to do with him. Only Kane would be dumb enough to let a guy like Uppal handle his image.

Sources are sources. I don't know of many that I would consider more reliable than another. Yes, Bleacher Report can be a bit of a joke, but that article hasn't exaggerated anything.

If he is a discipline problem why would we want him. For a start MG only goes after guys with strong character, leadership qualities and community spirited players. Much as I would love Kane, MG isn't going to offer them a lot of good guys for a potential liability.

Booth for Kane if Kane is solid.............take it or leave it.

Just because he is a Vancouver boy doesn't mean we have to go apecrap on him.

If he is a discipline problem why would we want him. For a start MG only goes after guys with strong character, leadership qualities and community spirited players. Much as I would love Kane, MG isn't going to offer them a lot of good guys for a potential liability.

Booth for Kane if Kane is solid.............take it or leave it.

Just because he is a Vancouver boy doesn't mean we have to go apecrap on him.

Who said ppl should kiss his a$$?? I'm just saying quit over analyzing everything this kid does and trying to find faults in him.

And what is it that this kid did wrong?? Took his girlfriend on a road trip?? Is this a joke??

Dany Heatley killed his team mate, Ray Lewis was charged with murder, Kobe with rape. And this kid is catching heat and being run out of town for taking his girl friend on a road trip??? This is a freaking joke.

Archived