Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Are you worried about the Canucks' future ?

• Please log in to reply
235 replies to this topic

#1 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:54 AM

COilers have a crapload of premium prospects. Phlegms have Basrtschi and that American, Minny has Granlund and Coyle, Colorado has someone. The Canucks have nothing except Honzik and Labate.

Should get a top 5 pick in this year's draw and also trade Luo for a 1st rounder as well Ballard for NYIs 3rd and Grabner. Finally, try to get back Hodgson for Kassian, if possible.
Mr. Reputable of the HFBoards

#2 JimLahey

JimLahey

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:56 AM

POPULAR

I honestly do not know if you're kidding or not.

hL9YqYN.jpg

#3 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:57 AM

I honestly do not know if you're kidding or not.

Why? Our prospect pool is really thin compared to others in our division.

#4 JimLahey

JimLahey

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:00 AM

Why? Our prospect pool is really thin compared to others in our division.

Yes, this is because we have been contenders more multiple years. The reason the oilers have a good pool of prospects is because they have been in the bottom of the league. The flames have also been a bubble team with mid round picks which are usually good prospects as well.

We can't be cup contenders and trade pieces or top 5 picks.

Edited by JimLahey, 26 December 2012 - 11:01 AM.

hL9YqYN.jpg

#5 Mr. White

Mr. White

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:29 AM

COilers have a crapload of premium prospects. Phlegms have Basrtschi and that American, Minny has Granlund and Coyle, Colorado has someone. The Canucks have nothing except Honzik and Labate.

Should get a top 5 pick in this year's draw and also trade Luo for a 1st rounder as well Ballard for NYIs 3rd and Grabner. Finally, try to get back Hodgson for Kassian, if possible.

:picard: :picard: :picard:
Posted Image
^VanCauck93^

#6 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:46 AM

POPULAR

Yeah I'm a pretty scared of "That American" and "Someone". They will rip up the league for years to come. Here's my trade proposal:

To COL:
That Guy
Person
3rd

To VAN:
Someone
Him

Edited by etsen3, 26 December 2012 - 11:50 AM.

#7 Max-a-Million

Max-a-Million

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:50 AM

Too much egg nog for you!

Hodgson is an average Buffulo player and would be hard pressed to make the third line here. Kassien is here to stay and will make an amazing impact once the game starts up again.

The time off this fall will be good for the Canucks as they have played a whole lot more games in the last three years than most of the other teams. They will be charged up.

Now, if Bettman manages to completely destroy the NHL then I see a new league with fewer teams and a more exciting brand of hockey. It's watered down so much now that the game has become like a WWE freak show, good for Boston, Chicago etc but not good for the Canucks.

I spend half my money on Wine, Women and Song.
The other half I waste!

#8 c00kies

c00kies

Cookie Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,396 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:59 AM

I'm more worried about the NHL's future :P
Posted Image
Thanks to Blueberries for the sig :)

#9 honey badger36

honey badger36

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:59 AM

In before the lock.

#10 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,477 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:00 PM

Boring. Unfunny.

Next?
Posted Image

#11 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,856 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:06 PM

I think your concern is valid, but to bring back Hodgson and Grabner? Yeah too much egg nog.

Gillis needs to make a hard decision to keep the core, or look at doing a Flyers type on the fly rebuild. There will be a point in the next few seasons (and a lot depends on what the league looks like with the CBA) where we might be at that point. You don't want to get to a point like Calgary, where you keep your core and spin your wheels and miss the playoffs or get booted in the first round.

We should get something decent for Luongo. It may not be the high end prospect people are hoping for. Gillis seems to be improving in his drafting. The only decent part of losing a season would be to luck out and get the first overall pick.

Until hockey comes back and we know when, and how the team is playing we really don't know.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#12 John.Tallhouse

John.Tallhouse

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:52 PM

Nope.
Posted Image

#13 honey badger36

honey badger36

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:52 PM

I don't see any reason to believe that the Sedins should decline sharply they play a sustainable style of hockey that has allowed them to have great ironman streaks. They have never been the fastest players on the ice or hitters I don't see why they wouldn't be able to be effective well into their late thirties. I don't believe our window is closing as quickly as some alamist's. We have some great potential 2nd and third liners in our system coming up so I don't believe we have seen the best team the Canucks will ice in the Sedin era yet.

#14 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,223 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:20 PM

Mr. Reputable Phlegms with that American, Colorado has someone.

OP's set himself up to live up to pretty high standards with that username, and with the post he made I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't reach expectations. :rolleyes:

Edited by g@m3b0i, 26 December 2012 - 01:22 PM.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#15 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 71,904 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:27 PM

Can't wait for this line:

Jensen - Gaunce - Kassian

WCE 2.0

307mg00.jpg

#16 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:13 PM

Can't wait for this line:

Jensen - Gaunce - Kassian

WCE 2.0

You'll be waiting a long time.

#17 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,475 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

Started New Year's drinking a little bit early did we?

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#18 ilovekevinbieksa

ilovekevinbieksa

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

Jensen, Corrado, and Gaunce will be stars.
In NHL13, Gaunce is always drafted in the top 5... is that a sign? :bigblush:
I think Kassian is playing well cause he's being physical and still putting up points.
I thought Schroeder & Mallet would be putting up more points, and that Lack would be more consistent.
The Ballard trade for the 1st round pick wasn't very good. We barely play him, Oreskovich just wasnt good, and we could've gotten Quinton Howden (who had 65 points in 52 games).
Hopefully Kassian's gonna live up to what everyone hopes he can be so that he can show that the Hodgson trade was worth it.
Shouldnt have traded Grabner & given him more of a chance cause look at him now!
Trade Luongo for a high-mid first round pick & draft a big scorer.

Edited by ilovekevinbieksa, 26 December 2012 - 04:02 PM.

Posted Image (One duplicate gif removed by mod to meet size limitations)

#19 Dion Phaneuf

Dion Phaneuf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,700 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

Everybody knows that the Canucks have one of the worst prospect pools in the league. Our best prospects are Kassian, Jensen, and Corrado,...hardly something to be proud of.

* We have been pretty solid in being able to draft players that have decent potential (Connauton, Schroeder, Gaunce, etc.). Definitely not bonafide studs but players that could be useful in the long-term. Teams that tank (Edmonton) will be guaranteed franchise players.

It's also expected that we our depth chart is shat given we have been one of the league's premier teams since the lockout.

Our division prospect ranking compared to the league:

Edmonton (top 5)
Minnesota (top 5)
Colorado (top 12)
Calgary (top 20)
Vancouver (bottom 5)

Edited by The Phaneuf Train, 26 December 2012 - 04:26 PM.

gallery_47851_23_84084.png

medium.png - CDCGML 483288048.png - EHL medium.png - STHS medium.png - CDCFL

#20 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:28 PM

meh, more worried about the current Canucks.

#21 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,919 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:45 PM

Back to the past where our future was so bright.

As Mr. Reputable is a confirmed troll could somebody monitoring this please(for the love of Santa) shut this guy down?

#22 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

Actually don't give a crap about the NHL right now....
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#23 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:27 PM

Back to the past where our future was so bright.

As Mr. Reputable is a confirmed troll could somebody monitoring this please(for the love of Santa) shut this guy down?

Shut the troll who has more posts than you because his opinion is that the Canucks has lesser skilled prospects than any of the teams in their division? Are you the NRA or from communist China?

Prove me wrong then, prove that any of the NW division team pool of prospects are inferior to us. OK, that's right. Go sit down.

#24 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:31 PM

Shut the troll who has more posts than you because his opinion is that the Canucks has lesser skilled prospects than any of the teams in their division? Are you the NRA or from communist China?

Prove me wrong then, prove that any of the NW division team pool of prospects are inferior to us. OK, that's right. Go sit down.

And how would other nw division teams prospects be worse than our so called bad prospects given the drafting format?????

Take your time with this stumper.
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#25 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

And how would other nw division teams prospects be worse than our so called bad prospects given the drafting format?????

Take your time with this stumper.

Ask Detroit how they were able to get the Datsyuk, Zetterbergs and others while winning Stanley Cups.

#26 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,342 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:44 PM

Everyone can agree those other teams have better picks than us, it's not surprising since we have been picking so late for the last decade.

Ask Detroit how they were able to get the Datsyuk, Zetterbergs and others while winning Stanley Cups.

Lucky picks? Yeah they did a great job of scouting and they developed them well but there is some form of luck that goes into those two picks.

Our biggest problem has been asset managment IMO, Shirokov was a late round pick who could have been a productive player, he was treated terribly and we got nothing for him, Koltsov is another guy that wasn't treated the right way, had/has a good skill level but we were never able to use him here, we traded Grabner without giving him a fair chance and I pray AV doesn't ruin Kassian.

zackass.png

#27 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

Started New Year's drinking a little bit early did we?

Its never to early
Posted Image

#28 Dion Phaneuf

Dion Phaneuf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,700 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

This guy's a jay.

Don't you know that Zack Kassian is the next Todd Bertuzzi and that Nicklas Jensen is the Markus Naslund?

:picard:

gallery_47851_23_84084.png

medium.png - CDCGML 483288048.png - EHL medium.png - STHS medium.png - CDCFL

#29 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,919 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:05 PM

Mr. Obvious,
Let's go back to your post:
Colorado has someone. (Love that one.)
The Canucks have nothing except Honzik and Labate. (Another leader there).
..trade Ballard for NYIs 3rd and Grabner. (Bit of revisionist history to stoke up the fans.)
Finally, try to get back Hodgson for Kassian, if possible. ( The final weiner jab.)

Anybody from grade three up (assuming they can read at that age) can comprehend that what you have written is trolling/rubbish/nonsense.

Edited by nuck nit, 26 December 2012 - 07:28 PM.

#30 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,825 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:11 PM

e have not seen a prospect steal a roster spot in a while
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.