The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are you worried about the Canucks' future ?

RAMBUTANS

COilers have a crapload of premium prospects. Phlegms have Basrtschi and that American, Minny has Granlund and Coyle, Colorado has someone. The Canucks have nothing except Honzik and Labate.

Should get a top 5 pick in this year's draw and also trade Luo for a 1st rounder as well Ballard for NYIs 3rd and Grabner. Finally, try to get back Hodgson for Kassian, if possible.

Most fans on this site don't enjoy being served the cold, hard truth, whether that's about Hodgson/Kassian, Justin Schultz, the weak prospect pool, etc. You're deemed a "troll" for bringing up a very valid point, that the Canucks have nobody in the WJC's, and that whether that should be cause for concern for the future. The "we're the best team" argument doesn't fly, as I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that Boston has 5 prospects partaking in the tourney, ranking at the very top of the league.

Most fans on this site don't enjoy being served the cold, hard truth, whether that's about Hodgson/Kassian, Justin Schultz, the weak prospect pool, etc. You're deemed a "troll" for bringing up a very valid point, that the Canucks have nobody in the WJC's, and that whether that should be cause for concern for the future. The "we're the best team" argument doesn't fly, as I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that Boston has 5 prospects partaking in the tourney, ranking at the very top of the league.

In the next 5 or 10 years, barring something completely amazing, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see us drop among the bottom of the barrel in the West for a few seasons. Sure we have some good prospects, but even if they all reach their potential, we won't exactly be a powerhouse.

It happens to pretty much every team after their window closes, and sure, it might be a few tough seasons, but it will give us time to restock our prospect pool and get another solid roster in the following years.

In the next 5 or 10 years, barring something completely amazing, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see us drop among the bottom of the barrel in the West for a few seasons. Sure we have some good prospects, but even if they all reach their potential, we won't exactly be a powerhouse.

It happens to pretty much every team after their window closes, and sure, it might be a few tough seasons, but it will give us time to restock our prospect pool and get another solid roster in the following years.

Yes very much. Canucks are a pretty old team and Jensen is the only exciting skater prospect right now. That's the other reason why the Grabner trade shocked me. Not only did the team give up on Grabner they traded away a first rounder.

I'd love to see that excitement again that a young Linden/Bure brought to the franchise.

Yes very much. Canucks are a pretty old team and Jensen is the only exciting skater prospect right now. That's the other reason why the Grabner trade shocked me. Not only did the team give up on Grabner they traded away a first rounder.

I'd love to see that excitement again that a young Linden/Bure brought to the franchise.

A clue to CDCers: if a thread is complaining about the Canucks' past decisions or worrying about the future, it is only worth responding to if it was not created by Mr Reputable, King of the ES or nuck nit. These three are likely high schoolers with little else to do and so create the same threads with the same messages over and over. Save yourselves and resist temptation to respond to their nonsense.

Congratulations King - you just resurrected one of the worst comparisons in Canuck's history.

Apologies for resorting to facts, but by the time Linden was Hodgson's age, he already had:

Three 30 goal seasons, including a 30 goal rookie season at 18 years of age in which he was team MVP and runner up to Brian Leetch as rookie of the year in the NHL.

Scored over 250 points in the NHL.

Was the youngest player in the NHL allstar game at 21 years of age.

Had already been named Captain of the Canucks.

Bure tied the Canucks rookie scoring record at age 20, and then went on to score 60 goals as a 21 year old, and another 60 as a 22 year old.

Hodgson...(22 years old, with a 19 goal, 22 assist season under his belt)...definitely comparable, muahahaha

Archived