The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

8 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

It would after the found Kane's name on the list and saw him in that video... JJL agreed that it would be a bad idea for the group to be aware of that this man was Lena's husband, yet they still continued on without taking precautions to avoid this big reveal. It is a pet peeve of mine when writers have characters behave in ways they normally would not as plot-turning devices.

After the fact, I guess. But considering she consistently wore around her neck and never took it off, the thinking by anyone would be, “Is anyone going to yank my jewelry off my neck and look at a small picture inside because they think the picture might be related to this event?

It doesn’t bother me because all movies have to have things that push the narrative forward. Quite regularly, those things lead the audience going, “Really?” But if this was a real life situation, would anyone actually think anything of a small piece of jewelry? Especially considering all the other horrific sh*t that’s going on around them to keep them occupied? Probably not. That’s why it didn’t bother me. For movies that are filled with “Why was this choice made?” (see: everything in The Last Jedi), I didn’t see this as something that took away from the film at all.

But that’s me. I found more to “dislike” in Ex Machina for “Really?” moments in their decisions, but still loved the movie overall.

3 hours ago, Monty said:

After the fact, I guess. But considering she consistently wore around her neck and never took it off, the thinking by anyone would be, “Is anyone going to yank my jewelry off my neck and look at a small picture inside because they think the picture might be related to this event?

It doesn’t bother me because all movies have to have things that push the narrative forward. Quite regularly, those things lead the audience going, “Really?” But if this was a real life situation, would anyone actually think anything of a small piece of jewelry? Especially considering all the other horrific sh*t that’s going on around them to keep them occupied? Probably not. That’s why it didn’t bother me. For movies that are filled with “Why was this choice made?” (see: everything in The Last Jedi), I didn’t see this as something that took away from the film at all.

But that’s me. I found more to “dislike” in Ex Machina for “Really?” moments in their decisions, but still loved the movie overall.

Yeah, I liked Ex Machina wayyyyyyyyy more than Annihilation. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Yeah, I liked Ex Machina wayyyyyyyyy more than Annihilation. 

Loved Ex Machina. 

I’m just surprised I liked Annihilation as much as I did, considering how mediocre of an actress Natalie Portman is.

On 3/16/2018 at 7:04 PM, Monty said:

Wind River

Terrific. Elizabeth Olsen continues to show that she can act when she’s not in a Marvel film.

I noticed this when I last logged on to Netflix. Next chance I have I will give it a go. 

Thanks for the heads up.  :)

4 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

I noticed this when I last logged on to Netflix. Next chance I have I will give it a go. 

Thanks for the heads up.  :)

Once I’ve watched The Shape of Water, I’ll have seen all the 2017 films I’ve wanted to see. Then I can make a true list of my favs from last year. But Wind River would be up there, for sure.

Edit: It’s not for the faint of heart, though.

1 hour ago, Monty said:

Once I’ve watched The Shape of Water, I’ll have seen all the 2017 films I’ve wanted to see. Then I can make a true list of my favs from last year. But Wind River would be up there, for sure.

Edit: It’s not for the faint of heart, though.

My guess is that you will not find The Shape of Water to be Best Picture worthy...

1 minute ago, Hugor Hill said:

My guess is that you will not find The Shape of Water to be Best Picture worthy...

I like del Toro and Shannon, so it already had that going for it.

I watched half of Phantom Thread and I was done. I really like DDL and PTA, but it wasn’t for me. So that’s not making the list.