232 replies to this topic

#181 canucks1096

canucks1096

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

The weird thing is if you're able to boycott the league/the team you cheer for are you really a fan in the first place? Yes, they were locked out and you couldnt watch the games for 2 months... but its back now, and it's always gonna be the same competitive game with the greatest players in the world. Going to a live game is one of the best forms of entertainment out there, yes it may be pricey but hey what is there better to do then watching your favourite team play with 18,000 other people yelling and screaming beside you. All I have to say is I will be attending all the Canucks games in Edmonton, and I will be watching every single game on Center Ice !!!

Go Canucks :canucks: :towel:

#182 Red Light Racicot

Red Light Racicot

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

Every business owes it's existence to somebody. It doesn't stop labour disputes from happening and that's all this was. If it didn't cost you anything the dispute had no real affect on your life. Unlike many labour disputes, it likely saved you money. So why the bitterness?

The NHL owes its existence to the fans, and I wont summarily dismiss that like it doesnt mean anything.

I dont really understand where you are coming from. You seem to think that we should all be completely indifferent about the situation, is that how you felt? If you enjoy the game, werent you dissapointed and frustrated about having to endure another ridiculous lock out?

Except the bulk of that record revenue is five teams. With more than half the teams losing money something had to be done. Unless of course you'd prefer a six team league again. Something neither the players nor owners want. The sport itself will never grow with a six team league.

It's not truly incompetency that's the problem. It's the loopholes that rich team are taking advantage of that's the real problem. That's really what the lockout was about. The cap circumvumvention contracts drive player prices upwards. Of course the players didn't want limits on their contracts. But if half the league will never be able to compete nor make a profit because of player cost, what's the point in having those teams that are giving players jobs?

This is exactly what I was talking about. To post record revenues and still have half of your teams in the red is a surefire indication the league has been mismanaged. Exploits like cap circumvention and other loopholes are avoidable, and any respectable professional sports organization has the foresight to take care of that. They dont lose chunks of seasons because their employer-employee relations are irreconcilable to the point where neither side can stand to be in the same room together. They quietly negotiate CBAs months before the season begins. There is no excuse for any of it.

#183 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,955 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:12 PM

Some are boycotting. Some, like me, are doing limited boycotts. And yes, I absolutely hope it does hurt their revenue. But, you think boycotts of any kind are useless and won't have any effect at all, remember?

I never said that. I said in this particular case it was childish and stupid.

But way to use snarkiness to deflect from the real issue, that unlike what you previously claimed this CBA does next to nothing to address the needs of money losing teams, proving that that was not the real reason for the lockout and letting them off using that excuse is shortsighted. After all, the cap floor is only dropping $4.3M for next season below what it was last season. Or, put another way, due to the changes in how bonuses are accounted for in the cap, the new cap floor is about $5M over what the Islanders spent in salary last season. And about $1M over what Colorado spent last season.

It plugged the circumvention hole left open in the previous CBA with contract limits. It reduced the cap. It made revenue a 50/50 split. Plus it increased revenue sharing. Have you not paid any attention?

Really? You think murder and bad business practices are a good comparison?

In this context yes. You naively believe there's no need for rules or laws, instead people will simply "do the right thing". Unfortunately in the real world people have a tendancy to act in their own interests instead unless there's something in place that deters it.

But I am glad to see that you understand the basic flaw in the NHL business model. I just wish you understood that the NHL has done absolutely nothing to correct those flaws. In fact, they didn't even really try. Despite their insistence on matching other pro sports leagues in the players' share, they continue to stubbornly refuse to follow other successful leagues' example when it comes to team revenue sharing in order to preserve the health of the league that all teams depend on.

See first answer.

Right back at ya. Remember, you are the one who started posting in this thread not to offer your own opinion, but simply to attack the opinion that differs from your own.

Opinion: a personal view, attitude, or appraisal

My personal view is: boycotting the NHL over something that had no real negative effect on your life is childish and stupid.

My attitude is: no harm, no foul. The lockout had no real negative effect on my life. In fact it saved me money. Why would I be angry about them saving me money? It wasn't an essential service that was denied us after all.

My appraisal is: There were serious problems from the previous CBA that needed to be fixed. I fully expected the lockout and understood why it had to happen.

It seems I was in fact expressing my opinion.
Posted Image

#184 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,955 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

The NHL owes its existence to the fans, and I wont summarily dismiss that like it doesnt mean anything.

I dont really understand where you are coming from. You seem to think that we should all be completely indifferent about the situation, is that how you felt? If you enjoy the game, werent you dissapointed and frustrated about having to endure another ridiculous lock out?

Maybe it's because I've been through enough labour disputes in my life that had an actual impact on me when one happens now that really has no real negative affect on my life it simply doesn't matter to me.

Was I disappointed about the lockout? You bet. I love the game and watch every game I can including non-Canuck games. Did I sit around moping about it. Not at all. I had no problem at all finding other forms of entertainment. As I've already said, the lockout actually saved me money. Making these NHL lockouts the least negative of the of the labour disputes I lived through.

This is exactly what I was talking about. To post record revenues and still have half of your teams in the red is a surefire indication the league has been mismanaged. Exploits like cap circumvention and other loopholes are avoidable, and any respectable professional sports organization has the foresight to take care of that. They dont lose chunks of seasons because their employer-employee relations are irreconcilable to the point where neither side can stand to be in the same room together. They quietly negotiate CBAs months before the season begins. There is no excuse for any of it.

It has nothing to do with mismanagement. Not all markets are created equal. Don't confuse revenue with profit. Nor is that revenue or profit equally distibuted. Each team is an individual business. Unless each one can compete there is no point in having a 30 team league. Which means there has to be limits in place for what each team spends and how much the players receive. Otherwise you may as well reduce it back to a 6 team league and only keep the real money makers. Then the star palyers can get great contracts and the rest can go play in Europe for considerably less. But do you really want to see Vancouver play Toronto 15 or 16 times a year? Probably not. They could always cut it back to a 40 game season and play each team 8 times. But then again, you're only getting half a season which is what you're crying about right now.

Unfortunately, when it comes to a labour dispute, when one side wants something that the other side simply does not want to give, it ultimately leads to a work stoppage. It's the only way to force the others hand. Get yourself a union job and you'll see it first hand. Although strikes/lockouts have become considerably less frequent since to 80's they still do happen.
Posted Image

#185 poetica

poetica

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

Again, a rude and stupid thing to say. If you don't agree, simply don't do it. But to go out of your way to call what other people think or are doing with their own money "childish and stupid" repeatedly is epitome of a childish, stupid waste of time.

It plugged the circumvention hole left open in the previous CBA with contract limits. It reduced the cap. It made revenue a 50/50 split. Plus it increased revenue sharing. Have you not paid any attention?

One of us isn't paying attention. As I already pointed out, the owners didn't need rules to tell them not give out contracts that were bad for business. They just needed a little self control. (Or, they could have simply paid attention. Remember, they wrote the last CBA to their specifications. They could have simply looked at the problems the NBA was already having with a similar cap system and avoided those "problems" before they happened. They choose not to, making them seem less like unintended "problems" and more like intended features.) The new cap will be back to the old level in as few as 2 years and some money losing teams will actually be spending more as soon as the first full season. And, team revenue sharing BARELY increased, is still not sufficient to make all teams even breakeven year in and year out, and is still far below what other leagues share. Plus, the full amount now to be shared is actually below the amount the players gave up in this CBA alone. So, in reality the players are entirely funding the "team revenue sharing."

In this context yes. You naively believe there's no need for rules or laws, instead people will simply "do the right thing". Unfortunately in the real world people have a tendancy to act in their own interests instead unless there's something in place that deters it.

No, I understand the need for rules, just as I understand the need for self control. It's too bad you and the owners don't. Punishing players with this lockout because of the owners' misdeeds and then selling it to fans saying they were trying to help poor teams (which they didn't in any meaningful way) or trying to fix "problems" with the CBA they all but personally penned the last time is idiotic.

You're right, people don't always do the right thing. And that's why some of us care enough to want to hold the NHL responsible for their actions. Until they face actual consequences for their bad business model and bad treatment of the very people they depend on for all of that theoretical revenue they were fighting over, their behavior will never change.

My personal view is: boycotting the NHL over something that had no real negative effect on your life is childish and stupid.

My attitude is: no harm, no foul. The lockout had no real negative effect on my life. In fact it saved me money. Why would I be angry about them saving me money? It wasn't an essential service that was denied us after all.

My appraisal is: There were serious problems from the previous CBA that needed to be fixed. I fully expected the lockout and understood why it had to happen.

That's true, you are expressing your opinion...just mostly about other people's opinions.

The lockout didn't bother you, great. You have every right to your feelings and experiences and to be as uninformed as you want to be. But, you also need to understand that your experiences and feelings are not everyone else's. It's simply too bad that you seem incapable, or simply unwilling, to acknowledge that other people having feelings or experiences that differ from your own is not "childish" or "stupid." And being that you fail to meet that basic standard of adult understanding, you're simply a waste of my time.
Go, Canucks, Go!
Every single one of them.

Thanks for the memories, Luo! :'(

#186 MistaT

MistaT

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

I'm heading to the first home game and want some sign ideas that present my lockout frustration.

Help please :)

"More Like the.....No Hockey League"
Form is temporary, class is permanent.

Canucks, baby!

#187 hawkanator

hawkanator

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:31 AM

No way would I ever boycott my team. Being a fan makes your team a part of who you are. My team hasn't betrayed me. The NHL and the NHLPA has betrayed me.

The only way for me to send a message is to never wear a jersey with a name or number on it again. And to write letters to sponsors of the NHL letting them know I won't buy their product because they are affiliated with the NHL.

I'll always cheer for my team. I no longer cheer for the players and definitely not the league.

#188 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,955 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:25 AM

Again, a rude and stupid thing to say. If you don't agree, simply don't do it. But to go out of your way to call what other people think or are doing with their own money "childish and stupid" repeatedly is epitome of a childish, stupid waste of time.

One of us isn't paying attention. As I already pointed out, the owners didn't need rules to tell them not give out contracts that were bad for business. They just needed a little self control. (Or, they could have simply paid attention. Remember, they wrote the last CBA to their specifications. They could have simply looked at the problems the NBA was already having with a similar cap system and avoided those "problems" before they happened. They choose not to, making them seem less like unintended "problems" and more like intended features.) The new cap will be back to the old level in as few as 2 years and some money losing teams will actually be spending more as soon as the first full season. And, team revenue sharing BARELY increased, is still not sufficient to make all teams even breakeven year in and year out, and is still far below what other leagues share. Plus, the full amount now to be shared is actually below the amount the players gave up in this CBA alone. So, in reality the players are entirely funding the "team revenue sharing."

No, I understand the need for rules, just as I understand the need for self control. It's too bad you and the owners don't. Punishing players with this lockout because of the owners' misdeeds and then selling it to fans saying they were trying to help poor teams (which they didn't in any meaningful way) or trying to fix "problems" with the CBA they all but personally penned the last time is idiotic.

You're right, people don't always do the right thing. And that's why some of us care enough to want to hold the NHL responsible for their actions. Until they face actual consequences for their bad business model and bad treatment of the very people they depend on for all of that theoretical revenue they were fighting over, their behavior will never change.

That's true, you are expressing your opinion...just mostly about other people's opinions.

The lockout didn't bother you, great. You have every right to your feelings and experiences and to be as uninformed as you want to be. But, you also need to understand that your experiences and feelings are not everyone else's. It's simply too bad that you seem incapable, or simply unwilling, to acknowledge that other people having feelings or experiences that differ from your own is not "childish" or "stupid." And being that you fail to meet that basic standard of adult understanding, you're simply a waste of my time.

Once again. If you don't want your opinions judged, don't make them public. I could care less about your feelings. I see having a temper tantrum, and that's what this really is, as childish in regards to something that had no real detrimental affect on your life. My opinion.

Btw, the players weren't "punished". They are just as guilty in the lockout happening. They didn't want the circumvention loopholes closed and never budged on the issue (among others) until they had been locked out for a couple of months.

If you think clauses/rules/laws don't need to be in place and that people should simply "show self control" and "do the right thing" perhaps we should have the government do away with the Canada Labour Code and BC Labour Standards and the minimum wage while you're at it. Then you'll see how "self control" and "do the right thing" works in the real world.

Burke was among the few ''have" GM's to be opposed to cap circumvention contracts. Our own GM and owner are guilty of it with Lou's contract. Sorry, but when a rich man sees a way to get an edge and get richer, even if it bends the rules to breaking, he will more often than not take it. That includes the players taking the deal knowing it's cap circumvention.
Posted Image

#189 fwybwed

fwybwed

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

I'm heading to the first home game and want some sign ideas that present my lockout frustration.

Help please :)

"More Like the.....No Hockey League"

Hmm the NO HOCKEY LEAGUE....But you would be at a game lol By the end of February everyone will have forgotten...lol

#190 mielikki

mielikki

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

I can't afford the merchandise...CERTAINLY can't afford to go to Vancouver for a game. I can't and won't justify the Centre Ice package. So.
I will probably still watch network games. I won't lie about that, but honestly I don't feel in any way invested in the NHL at the moment.
I will have to wait and see if I watch less as the "season" goes on.

QUOTE(Zodiac)
This is CDC baby the rules dont apply
its like EVegas

#191 TheSteamer

TheSteamer

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,167 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:39 AM

#dontbuystuff

Are you fed up with overpaid players? #dontbuystuff

Are you sick of subsidizing crappy US markets? #dontbuystuff

Do you want to give back to local establishments? #dontbuystuff

Do you want to help friends in the service industry who were broke this Christmas? #dontbuystuff

It's real simple people. We can easily get back at them while going to games and watching on TV. Just DON'T BUY STUFF.

No more overpriced beers.
No more overpriced parking.

No more overpriced programs.
No more alternate away reversible 3rd jerseys.
#dontbuystuff

Remember, it is your money. Make them play for you and #dontbuystuff #nhl #hrr

New season.

#192 TheSteamer

TheSteamer

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,167 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:45 AM

#dontbuystuff
http://sports.yahoo....urn=nhl,wp16535
New season.

#193 TheSteamer

TheSteamer

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,167 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:49 AM

#theyplayforyou

#dontbuystuff

#HRR

#NHL
New season.

#194 TheSteamer

TheSteamer

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,167 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:52 AM

They didn't treat the fans like anything.

That's like saying a drunk driver didn't treat the kid he killed like anything.
New season.

#195 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,781 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:41 AM

A while back I thought I was done with the NHL. Then I said that I'd only consider coming back if this season was salvaged. And it has been. But I'm still annoyed so I won't be buying any merchandise or signing up to NHL Gamecenter any time soon.

We'll see.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#196 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,955 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

That's like saying a drunk driver didn't treat the kid he killed like anything.

Ooooh, now there's quite the comparison drama queen.
Posted Image

#197 Red Light Racicot

Red Light Racicot

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

It has nothing to do with mismanagement. Not all markets are created equal. Don't confuse revenue with profit. Nor is that revenue or profit equally distibuted. Each team is an individual business. Unless each one can compete there is no point in having a 30 team league. Which means there has to be limits in place for what each team spends and how much the players receive. Otherwise you may as well reduce it back to a 6 team league and only keep the real money makers. Then the star palyers can get great contracts and the rest can go play in Europe for considerably less. But do you really want to see Vancouver play Toronto 15 or 16 times a year? Probably not. They could always cut it back to a 40 game season and play each team 8 times. But then again, you're only getting half a season which is what you're crying about right now.

These are all problems that the last CBA was meant to solve. If you honestly think this latest stoppage was justified and perfectly understandable, and that the fans who take issue are out of line, then its no wonder we have such a stark difference of opinions.

Unfortunately, when it comes to a labour dispute, when one side wants something that the other side simply does not want to give, it ultimately leads to a work stoppage. It's the only way to force the others hand. Get yourself a union job and you'll see it first hand. Although strikes/lockouts have become considerably less frequent since to 80's they still do happen.

This is not a typical labor dispute, so I dont understand why youre making comparisons along those lines. It makes more sense to compare the NHL to other sports leagues.

#198 afesposit

afesposit

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

Got my season tix all lined up.. Me and the Coyotes will be raising the banner....

#199 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

Wallet on strike till Bettman gone.
Just can't chip in for that mans salary after 3 fails.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#200 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,955 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:33 AM

These are all problems that the last CBA was meant to solve. If you honestly think this latest stoppage was justified and perfectly understandable, and that the fans who take issue are out of line, then its no wonder we have such a stark difference of opinions.

Yes, but I don't think anybody expected GM's to start signing life long deals to circumvent the cap. The two biggest issues in this dispute were the revenue split and setting limits on player contracts.

This is not a typical labor dispute, so I dont understand why youre making comparisons along those lines. It makes more sense to compare the NHL to other sports leagues.

A labour dispute is a labour dispute. It really doesn't matter what the nature of the business is. When one side wants something the other side is unwilling to move on it inevitably leads to a lockout/strike. Making this very much a typical labour dispute. I'm not saying anybody should be happy about the lockout. What I'm saying is labour disputes do happen, why throw a temper tantrum over one that had no real adverse effect on your life? To me that's just childish.
Posted Image

#201 afesposit

afesposit

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:47 AM

No... Everything is a business....

#202 KING ALBERTS

KING ALBERTS

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

Nope. In fact I'm gonna buy centre I've and watch more NHL than ever.
Posted ImagePosted Image

i fel off the banwagon and hit my hed on a rok

#203 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:00 PM

What's this thread still doing here.. Should be deleted.

#204 Primal Optimist

Primal Optimist

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,443 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

Nope, not boycotting hockey, that is ridiculous, also: anyone who posted in the thread saying they were boycotting the NHL has already broken their word as they are on CDC, part of the NHL.COM online group..which features advertising, that pays the team and the league by how many viewers it has...soooooo by posting on cdc, part of nhl.com you are directly contributing money to the team and the league even by posting how you will not contribute one cent.

So lets drop the pretend anger and embrace the real happy ending which is that we have NHL hockey back and more or less guaranteed until 2020!

1286820874m_THUMB.jpg
CDC GM League small.png General Manager

Happy Hockey Fan!!!

#205 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:38 PM

The weird thing is if you're able to boycott the league/the team you cheer for are you really a fan in the first place? Yes, they were locked out and you couldnt watch the games for 2 months... but its back now, and it's always gonna be the same competitive game with the greatest players in the world. Going to a live game is one of the best forms of entertainment out there, yes it may be pricey but hey what is there better to do then watching your favourite team play with 18,000 other people yelling and screaming beside you. All I have to say is I will be attending all the Canucks games in Edmonton, and I will be watching every single game on Center Ice !!!

Go Canucks :canucks: :towel:

Its about sending a message. Otherwise it will happen again and again since the owners will think they will always have the upper hand lockout or not. The NHL is one corporation that seems to care less about its customers and treats them like dirt. NHL is a business and the fans support that business, so the NHL should be more appreciative of its fans. Would you keep buying the same product if you always had problems with it? Whether it was defective or they wouldn't honor the warranty etc.?

Posted Image

#206 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

Nope, not boycotting hockey, that is ridiculous, also: anyone who posted in the thread saying they were boycotting the NHL has already broken their word as they are on CDC, part of the NHL.COM online group..which features advertising, that pays the team and the league by how many viewers it has...soooooo by posting on cdc, part of nhl.com you are directly contributing money to the team and the league even by posting how you will not contribute one cent.

So lets drop the pretend anger and embrace the real happy ending which is that we have NHL hockey back and more or less guaranteed until 2020!

Boycotting hockey is different than boycotting a corporation such as the NHL by not buying their merchandise or game tickets. I watched World Junior Hockey and I watched some AHL games so I never boycotted hockey since it is a sport and not a league. Also we are boycotting them where it hurts the most, by not buying game tickets, not buying the Center Ice packages, not buying merchandises and streaming PPV games. Do you really think coming to this forum or not makes a huge difference in their revenue? Look at other team's forums like the Ducks, Kings, Preds etc. where there might be a couple of users logging into their forums. I doubt they make much from putting ads on their websites.

Posted Image

#207 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

They didn't treat the fans like anything. It wasn't about the fans nor did it cost us anything. It was a labour dispute and that is all. When two sides are too far apart in negotiations the only way to settle it is by forcing the other side through a work stoppage.That's life.

If you are a true NHL fan then you are actually punishing yourself more than the Canucks. And if you think costing the league money will make it so they never do this again you're wrong. When the CBA ends if teams are losing money there will be yet another lockout to again reduce the players share of the pie.

Two questions:

#1 - Did the lockout cost you your job?

#2 - Did you sit in front of your TV on what should have been game nights staring at a blank screen for 3 hours?

If your answer to both of those questions is no, then the lockout had no actual effect on your life at all and you're crying for no reason.

These are stupid questions. NHL is a business (part of the entertainment industry) and fans are their customers.
Would you be happy with Shaw if they cut out your service for 4 months because of a labor dispute? Then they came back and offered nothing, not even a discount on the cable or internet packages and sent you an empty apology?? Would you go back to them and give them your business again?

I mean, it didn't cost you your job.

Again if people don't understand this, the fans are the reason why NHL even exists. Take away the fans and there wouldn't be a National Hockey League, we would probably be watching another league different than the NHL.

If you are happy with the constant lockouts every time the CBA expires than it is your prerogative but some fans are tired of this BS and greed whether its from both the owners and the players. If we are to be paying money out of our pockets to support their business, they need to show some loyalty and respect to their customers (fans). It is about customer satisfaction.

Edited by Pouria, 14 January 2013 - 03:02 PM.

Posted Image

#208 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

I am not going back as if nothing happened. They will be getting aproximately 40% less money from me via my season tickets. I didn't have any urge to buy merchandise because my favourite sport wasn't on. I didn't buy food, beer, or anything at games (that I didn't go to). They have lost. I get the point - I'm pissed, you screwed me, and the only way I have to show my displeasure is by screwing you out of my money. I just don't get the logic of purposefully denying yourself a product that you would otherwise partake in, just to screw a company that doesn't care. I would TOTALLY understand if the tone of the posts were, 'Meh, I've kinda lost interest...I might be back, might not.'. But that's not the case. We ARE interested, and the boycotters are not saying that they no longer enjoy hockey/Canucks, they are saying that despite the fact that they enjoy it, and despite the fact that they would otherwise spend their dollars on it, they will not.This NEVER works because very few of us have the nerve to see that through, so it ends up being a very small group of idiots who become Debbie Downers, and the rest come back with cash in hand.

This never works because you believe it will never work. Because you think others will spend their money so why should it matter whether you spend your money or not. Obviously the more people with that type of mentality will not make it work.

Posted Image

#209 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

See first answer.

What is childish or stupid is crying over what other people's feelings and opinions are of the NHL. You can't call me stupid or childish just because I don't blindly come back and support the NHL by buying their tickets and merchandises. The lockout didn't cost me my job but it did reduce my daily entertainment and I don't like to support a corporation who treats its customers like dirt.

Posted Image

#210 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

If the NHL is really sincerely sorry and not just lip service , they would offer NHL Center Ice free this season.
The NHL needs to win back fans and that would be a gesture that covers the whole leagues fans.
If not then it's just a money grabbing greedy organization , not worthy of fan support.

Well, after the 4 month labor dispute, I thought we already figured that the NHL was just a money grabbing greedy organization.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.