#391 gmen81

gmen81

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,110 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:35 PM

Probably a blessing in disguise that we get to keep our lottery pick

But I thought you were only 2 points out of 8th with a game in hand.
Posted Image

#392 iwtl

iwtl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:46 PM

If O'Reilly would have had to clear waivers (as per Bill Daly who should know)... then Feaster needs to be fired. that is an inexcusable error to make.

He could have doomed his team even more by losing valuable young assets for nothing.

Nice guy, but one of the worst run franchises in the league.

TSN added to thier article that the new changes ONLY covered teams own players ( your own players don't have to clear if playing in the KHL now ). Still a huge oversight that could have been devestating to the Flames but could Feaster have screwed up and thought the new contract langauge covered all players and not just your own teams players?
The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness." - John Kenneth Galbraith

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. -
John Kenneth Galbraith

"This is the first test of a gentleman: his respect for those who can be of no possible value to him." - William Lyon Phelps

#393 Monty

Monty

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,865 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:54 PM

As stated by Provost, this error by Feaster is inexcusable. Regardless of the fact that he dodged a bullet with the Avs matching, the fact that he made the move in the first place is absolutely foolish. Not only will Feaster be finished in Calgary, this probably marks the end of his NHL career as a GM. Probably the stupidest move by any GM in quite a while.

Can you imagine drowning AT a KK Rev concert?

i'm pretty sure that's how zombies are born.

#394 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:13 PM

As stated by Provost, this error by Feaster is inexcusable. Regardless of the fact that he dodged a bullet with the Avs matching, the fact that he made the move in the first place is absolutely foolish. Not only will Feaster be finished in Calgary, this probably marks the end of his NHL career as a GM. Probably the stupidest move by any GM in quite a while.

I agree, if I attempt to murder someone but failed, all is good right? ::D

#395 cdubuya

cdubuya

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:19 PM

The avs shoulda taken the compensation and let O'Reilly go to someone wlse, thus keeping Calgary crappy and ensuring better picks. Foolish move by them too. Doubt theyll find common ground on o'Reilly in the next few years.
Posted Image

#396 Provost

Provost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,869 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:20 PM

As stated by Provost, this error by Feaster is inexcusable. Regardless of the fact that he dodged a bullet with the Avs matching, the fact that he made the move in the first place is absolutely foolish. Not only will Feaster be finished in Calgary, this probably marks the end of his NHL career as a GM. Probably the stupidest move by any GM in quite a while ever.

Fixed.

This is worse than any bad trade since there is absolutely no return for the lost assets. I can't think of a worse lapse that has ever happened. If Feaster didn't check with the league on whether the offer sheet was kosher or not, then he needs to be fired.

Of course, it is possible that the league wasn't aware of this issue until a reporter brought it up either. The final CBA language isn't out and available, so it is entirely possible that the league would have let Calgary keep the player as they make up rules on the fly as they regularly do.
Protons have mass? I didn't even know they were Catholic!

#397 iwtl

iwtl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:27 PM

Flames now in the news stating they had a different opinion and would have furthered that reason but in light of the Av's matching will have no further comment
http://www.cbc.ca/sp...he-oreilly.html

Feaster's statement reads in full:
"Prior to tendering the offer sheet for Ryan O'Reilly we, as a hockey operations department, examined whether there were any impediments to our successfully securing the services of the player including, but not limited to, his having played in the KHL after the start of the current NHL season.
Our interpretation of the Article 13 transition rules governing restricted free agents ("RFA"), and the applicability of Article 13.23 under the new Collective Bargaining Agreement to such RFA's was, and continues to be, different than the NHL's current interpretation as articulated to us this morning. Moreover, throughout our discussions, the player's representative shared our interpretation and position with respect to the non-applicability of Article 13.23.
While we were prepared to advance our position with the NHL, in light of Colorado's having matched the offer sheet it is now an academic point. As such, we will have no further comment on the matter, the player, or the offer sheet process."
The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness." - John Kenneth Galbraith

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. -
John Kenneth Galbraith

"This is the first test of a gentleman: his respect for those who can be of no possible value to him." - William Lyon Phelps

#398 Monty

Monty

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,865 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:03 PM

Fixed.  

This is worse than any bad trade since there is absolutely no return for the lost assets.  I can't think of a worse lapse that has ever happened.  If Feaster didn't check with the league on whether the offer sheet was kosher or not, then he needs to be fired.

Of course, it is possible that the league wasn't aware of this issue until a reporter brought it up either.  The final CBA language isn't out and available, so it is entirely possible that the league would have let Calgary keep the player as they make up rules on the fly as they regularly do.

I was pondering putting the worst mistake ever, but I would also look like an Islanders fan in denial, so I thought I'd try and make it as unbiased as possible. And as foolish as the Islanders have been over the past 13 years, at least they received SOMETHING in return for the assets they gave up, despite those assets they received being worthless.Feaster seems like a nice guy. But this was an absolutely thoughtless move. As a Jets season ticket holder, had Chevaldayoff made a move like this, I'd want him gone also. Completely unjustified.

Edited by Monty, 01 March 2013 - 03:04 PM.

#399 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,048 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:04 PM

It doesn't matter what you thought it meant Feaster, Daly is telling you what it actually means. He's the one that helped write the thing after all.

Man that's embarrassing. Why wouldn't he just check with the NHL if he was uncertain about it?

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#400 Monty

Monty

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,865 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:10 PM

It doesn't matter what you thought it meant Feaster, Daly is telling you what it actually means. He's the one that helped write the thing after all.

Man that's embarrassing. Why wouldn't he just check with the NHL if he was uncertain about it?

At this point, Feaster is trying to save face with these comments to the media. He may garner some sympathy from fans/media, but it's not them who he has to try and impress. These comments shouldn't and probably won't work with ownership. If I'm his boss, he would be as good as gone.

#401 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:00 PM

But I thought you were only 2 points out of 8th with a game in hand.

we were then we lost games. shucks

3499h5x.jpg
Johnny Gaudreau>any Casucks

Edler, Markstrom, Hansen, 2nd round pick 2014 to Islanders for Ryan Strome, 5th overall pick 2014

This is fairly even as well.

#402 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,304 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:30 PM

Flames now in the news stating they had a different opinion and would have furthered that reason but in light of the Av's matching will have no further comment
http://www.cbc.ca/sp...he-oreilly.html

Feaster's statement reads in full:
"Prior to tendering the offer sheet for Ryan O'Reilly we, as a hockey operations department, examined whether there were any impediments to our successfully securing the services of the player including, but not limited to, his having played in the KHL after the start of the current NHL season.
Our interpretation of the Article 13 transition rules governing restricted free agents ("RFA"), and the applicability of Article 13.23 under the new Collective Bargaining Agreement to such RFA's was, and continues to be, different than the NHL's current interpretation as articulated to us this morning. Moreover, throughout our discussions, the player's representative shared our interpretation and position with respect to the non-applicability of Article 13.23.
While we were prepared to advance our position with the NHL, in light of Colorado's having matched the offer sheet it is now an academic point. As such, we will have no further comment on the matter, the player, or the offer sheet process."

How embarrassing.
To top it off, going on about the player representation's position regarding that Article of the CBA is irrelevant - that just winds up sounding like Feaster got played by O'Reilly's agent, whose primary interest is to do what is best for his client (and in the end, this got a deal done) - his opinion regarding the CBA would carry no weight whatsoever with the NHL, who actually ratified the CBA.

The Flames are a rival and all, but they're also our neighbors so to speak - I'm thankful they didn't actually have to pay the price for this - it would have been the equivalent of a self-inflicted concussion to their organization.
Personally, I like a lot of the Flames players (and generally their fans) - I respect their loyal fans and CDCers like Sven - and I don't dislike Feaster, it's just that he's not imo capable of carrying out what that team needs - for the Flames sake, they need to move on and bring in someone more saavy.

Edited by oldnews, 01 March 2013 - 07:42 PM.

#403 Gustavo Fring

Gustavo Fring

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:48 PM

HAHAHA Greg Shermie did Flames management a favour by matching.

Flames are run by derpies, duh derps.

A joke organization and a joke of a team. Great city though with lots of ratchets.. I love em ratchets!

Hey Flames fans I heard Kovalev is on the trading block, he would go well with your youth movement.

Maybe he can make the Cervenkanator the 100 point centreman he can be! Haha this is too much!
Posted Image

#404 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:48 PM

http://www.mcsorleys...is-false-scoop/

http://www.mcsorleys...y-feaster-righ/

Maybe Feaster knew

3499h5x.jpg

Edler, Markstrom, Hansen, 2nd round pick 2014 to Islanders for Ryan Strome, 5th overall pick 2014

#405 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

What a complete joke this team is. I bet you Feaster will get an extension again.
Mr. Reputable of the HFBoards

#406 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:54 PM

http://www.mcsorleys-stick.com/2013/03/chris-johnston-doubles-down-on-his-false-scoop/

http://www.mcsorleys...y-feaster-righ/

Maybe Feaster knew

Maybe he's plain dumb.
Mr. Reputable of the HFBoards

#407 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,936 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:32 PM

I don't see how Feaster can keep his job after this. Would you want a guy like that running your team?
Posted Image

#408 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:06 PM

If I was a GM I would check with the league even if I was certain about it......only one side's interpretation matters and it is not the individual GM's.....

#409 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:33 PM

Danny Taylor!

3499h5x.jpg

#410 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 70,639 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:38 PM

I noticed every time I watch a Flames Home Game like EVERY TIME that there is this one old lady who is always sitting behind the Flames bench. Is she like related to someone on the team? Anyone know?

307mg00.jpg

#411 SterlingArcher

SterlingArcher

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:38 PM

^^guy gives out a lot of rebounds. few times baertschi/jbo bailed em out. also lucky daniel sedin didn't score in the final minute, but well deserved win for the flames.
Posted Image
Posted Image-Mod note: Inappropriate

#412 SterlingArcher

SterlingArcher

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:39 PM

I noticed every time I watch a Flames Home Game like EVERY TIME that there is this one old lady who is always sitting behind the Flames bench. Is she like related to someone on the team? Anyone know?

she works with me, apparently her n her husband pay 13k/year for the pair of season tickets
Posted Image
Posted Image-Mod note: Inappropriate

#413 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:23 AM

^^guy gives out a lot of rebounds. few times baertschi/jbo bailed em out. also lucky daniel sedin didn't score in the final minute, but well deserved win for the flames.

Sven was a hound on the puck in the defensive zone. Broke up so many plays nicely.

3499h5x.jpg

#414 TAPOUT

TAPOUT

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:27 PM

good luck to the flames hope you guys beat the sharks would love for Brian McGrattan feed ryan clowe some bombs

#415 Mustapha

Mustapha

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:11 PM

Sven Baertschi's spending some time up in the press box up in Anaheim...

Is he injured or just not able to crack Calgary's deep lineup of forwards? <_<

If Flames drop both of the LA games, I think it's time to start the firesale.

At least trade Iggy. Trade him to Chicago so he can try to win a Cup. If they would ask him to waive to go to Chicago, I bet he would at least think about it.
Posted Image

What are you talking about? The Flames are one of the teams that gets good value contracts

#416 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 70,639 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:06 PM

@Fan960Steinberg
#Flames have officially assigned Baertschi to Abbotsford now and have activated Backlund off IR.

307mg00.jpg

#417 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 70,639 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:29 PM

@SUNGilbertson: #Flames Blake Comeau has scored in back-to-back games for first time since March 6/8, 2011, during his stint with NYI.

307mg00.jpg

#418 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 25,540 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:56 PM

It just won't be the Flames without Iggy. Deserved to retire a Flame but also deserves on last crack at some real success

I'll never forget the gesture he made towards Linden during Linden's final NHL game. Class act all the way is Iginla
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#419 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:09 PM

TSN reporting Iggy to the Bruins.
Posted Image

#420 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:09 PM

gonna be a loooooooong night :sadno:

3499h5x.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.