#31 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,702 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

POPULAR

Flames ownership apologized to the players by purchasing new equipment bags.Posted Image

o08j21.jpg

Thanks for the sig Twilight Sparkle

#32 GototheFlamestotheGo

GototheFlamestotheGo

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

For some reason a Calgary thread on top of the forum annoys the hell out of me. Can we move this to the spam thread please?

Calgarypuck doesn't have an exclusive Canuck forum, should be the same here,

I'll be back and move you as soon as I become moderator.

Good luck... ;)

#33 GototheFlamestotheGo

GototheFlamestotheGo

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

48 game season means I'm predicting 45 starts for Kiprusoff, with him getting the nights off on the back end of back-to-backs. But not all of them either.

Sad thing is, it'll likely be the end of his 7 straight 35 wins per season streak. Impressive stuff. Are there any other goalies playing other than Brodeur who have had a streak like that?

#34 SterlingArcher

SterlingArcher

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

^not sure but apparently Luongo is second in wins since the 2004 lockout just behind kipper.
Posted Image
Posted Image-Mod note: Inappropriate

#35 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,572 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

Phase 1 of Hobey voting, Gaudreau is now 2nd behind a senior in Corban Knight. http://www.hobeybake...ey-2013-phase-i

Even if he loses, it's still a great accomplishment to be considered as one of the best NCAA players as a sophomore. Would be perfect to cap off his year with a WJC gold, Hobey, and national champs again :towel:

1zf4oy1.jpg

#36 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64,621 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

McKenzie: It's playoffs or bust for Flames under Hartley:

There will be no make the playoffs "guarantee" this year from Calgary Flames' general manager Jay Feaster, like there was prior to last season, but actions speak far louder than words anyway and it's safe to say the goal in Cowtown remains unchanged: it's playoffs or bust.

While some have wondered for years why the Flames don't embark on a full-scale tear-down, trade Jarome Iginla and Miikka Kiprusoff and rebuild, last summer's free agency spree in Calgary leaves no doubt the mindset of Feaster and new head coach Bob Hartley.

You don't trade for Mike Cammalleri or sign Jiri Hudler or defenceman Dennis Wideman if you're rebuilding.

The Flames have a burning desire to get into the top eight in the West and will likely go as far as a top line of veterans Iginla, Cammalleri and Alex Tanguay up front and stalwart netminder Kiprusoff take them.

Hartley is a coach who isn't afraid to go to the whip and Calgary's best players will be rolled out and rolled out often.

That isn't to say the Flames' future is going up in smoke. The prospects cupboard, slowly but surely, is being re-stocked with not-quite-yet-ready talent such as John Gaudreau, Tyler Wotherspoon, Patrick Sieloff, Markus Granlund and Mark Jankowski but the crown jewel of the franchise's young guns is first-year pro Sven Baertschi, who will be given a chance to show he can play in the Flames top six up front. He could be a rookie of the year candidate if healthy, after coming off a neck injury that kept him out a month.

Calgary also needs Jaromir Jagr's old running mate from the KHL - centre Roman Cervenka - to be a player who can contribute offensively along with Hudler, who's had some injury problems this season but looks ready to go now.

The Flames will try to backfill with Curtis Glencross, Matt Stajan, Mikael Backlund and Lee Stempniak as potential Top 9 guys and there's no shortage of depth bodies such as Blair Jones, Tim Jackman, Blake Comeau, Roman Horak, Paul Byron, Ben Street and even old warhorse Steve Begin, who's in on a professional tryout.

If Mark Giordano, Jay Bouwmeester and Wideman play to potential, Calgary's blueline can be solid, with Chris Butler, Derek Smith, vet Cory Sarich, Anton Babchuk and Brett Carson providing depth. Hartley favourite Steve McCarthy will get a look on a professional tryout and youngsters TJ Brodie and Chris Breen could challenge.

Goaltending is a strength and self explanatory. Kiprusoff will play almost all the games and Henrik Karlsson will be there when relief is required.

If things go well, the Flames hope to compete for a playoff spot. If things go poorly, they'll have to reconcile, one more time, why they shouldn't trade Iginla and/or Kiprusoff before the deadline.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=413104
Posted Image

#37 TheAce

TheAce

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

48 game season means I'm predicting 45 starts for Kiprusoff, with him getting the nights off on the back end of back-to-backs. But not all of them either.

Sad thing is, it'll likely be the end of his 7 straight 35 wins per season streak. Impressive stuff. Are there any other goalies playing other than Brodeur who have had a streak like that?

The short season will favour you guys..... Kipper always gets burnt out playing 70+ games every season. He carried a much weaker Flames team on his back to the finals in 04 when he only played half the season.

#38 Cromeslab

Cromeslab

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

Why do we even Have a flames thread?
Posted Image

"Where you've been is good and gone,all you can keep is the gettin there"Townes Van Zandt

#39 GototheFlamestotheGo

GototheFlamestotheGo

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:09 PM

^not sure but apparently Luongo is second in wins since the 2004 lockout just behind kipper.

He is. Lou's yearly save % is just insane. I mean, if you still post a .919% in your OFF-year, then you're still pretty damn good. Whether's it Florida or the Leafs, he's going to benefit those teams big time!

And I looked it up and on the list of all the goaltenders who have hit the 300 win plateau, Marty and Kipper are the only ones on that list to notch 35 wins in a season more than 5 times in their careers and no more than 3 in a row. Lundqvist has done it 6 straight times, though never hitting 40 wins and is yet to hit 300 wins though that's only a matter of time. But Marty's the machine with 12 total 35+ win seasons, with 11 straight. Absolutely nuts! Talk about consistency!

The short season will favour you guys..... Kipper always gets burnt out playing 70+ games every season. He carried a much weaker Flames team on his back to the finals in 04 when he only played half the season.

True. But the games are going to be really compressed and the 04 Flames were super defensive with a crazy forecheck, not unlike the 2012 Kings under Sutter. Everything depends on how well Kipper starts. He needs to start STRONG to give us a chance. Without his strong play, forgetaboutit!

#40 Canucks_fo_life

Canucks_fo_life

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,538 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

Flames didn't do much to improve, they're gonna rely on Iginla and Kiprusoff again, same ol story in a competitive Western Conference, even in a 48 game schedule, they won't make it. Bob Hartley has got himself into a real bad situation, have fun! This team is in dire need of a re-build. GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!
I rather lose with the Canucks, than win with any other team

This is OUR year

GO CANUCKS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!

#41 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,376 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

Flames are going to surprise some folks, methinks.

Solid top 6... Solid top 4... Kipper... Shortened season... Wouldn't shock me to see them in the top 8 in the West if Kipper plays like Kipper. Wait for the compressed schedule, though. Could be more back-to-back games so Karlsson may play more than he might've in a regular length season.

webkit-fake-url://D8829558-F65F-49B9-9829-A7DFC7F2E6E4/application.pdf

:towel: :canucks:

#42 Canucks_fo_life

Canucks_fo_life

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,538 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:19 AM

Flames are going to surprise some folks, methinks.

Solid top 6... Solid top 4... Kipper... Shortened season... Wouldn't shock me to see them in the top 8 in the West if Kipper plays like Kipper. Wait for the compressed schedule, though. Could be more back-to-back games so Karlsson may play more than he might've in a regular length season.

LOL solid top 4? Solid top 6? I believe the word you're looking for is average

This is OUR year

#43 babych

babych

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:47 AM

According to a radio interview (Fan 960) Tanguay is getting a shot at centering Iggy and Cammy.
(shiznak@Jun 17 2008, 08:00 PM)
Kesler was lucky to score 20 this year since the injury to Morrison allowed him to do so.

I doubt Kesler would ever break 15 goals in his career again.

#44 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,572 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

LOL solid top 4? Solid top 6? I believe the word you're looking for is average

The troll is obvious. Canucks top 6 without Kesler is laughable

1zf4oy1.jpg

#45 Industrious1

Industrious1

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

Looks like the Flames have a stronger roster this year and with their cross province rivals getting better every year (...supposedly) that is definately a good thing if you are a Cowtown fan.

Will be interesting to see who takes 2nd in the NW division this season.

#46 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

Picked up Kipper in my pool, assuming the Flames will do better than the Wild..

Hopefully Kipper does better than Backstrom

Posted Image

#47 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,151 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

For some reason a Calgary thread on top of the forum annoys the hell out of me. Can we move this to the spam thread please?

Calgarypuck doesn't have an exclusive Canuck forum, should be the same here,

I'll be back and move you as soon as I become moderator.

Uh, I've seen some of the threads you've started. You shouldn't be casting stones.

Anyway this is the General Hockey forum. Flames fans are always welcome here. It's called being inclusive. And if it weren't for the Laffs, where would we be without the Flames to taunt?

#48 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,151 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

The troll is obvious. Canucks top 6 without Kesler is laughable

Scrappy little rookie aren't ya.

#49 WillyFox

WillyFox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,105 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:38 PM

Canucks topsix without Kesler is still better then cgys topsix
GO Canucks GO

#50 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:09 PM

Canucks top 6 without Kesler is 'laughable' ?

The Canucks top line alone is better than the flames top 6..

Glencross,Hudler,Calamari,Tanguay,Iginla and dont forget their #1 Centre Ceverenka LOL

The flames roster is like some noob who is new to hockey and just made random trades on NHL13.

#51 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,095 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

Flames off to a strong start, Cervenka out with a blood clot.

#52 Mr. White

Mr. White

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:04 AM

Flames thread on a Canucks forum? WTF?
Posted Image
^VanCauck93^

#53 El_Capitan

El_Capitan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,582 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:07 AM

Coloured man drinking from MY WATER FOUNTAIN?!

Get over it, it's a hockey forum.

Posted Image

#54 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,426 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:31 AM

Why do we even Have a flames thread?

Because the quality of people in Calgary Puck sucks donkey balls even when compared to CDC?

To be honest, i wouldn't be shocked if the Flames make it to the post-season. Short season helps. If they stay healthy, get some great goaltending and some timely goals from their newer guys, they could easily rack up wins. Iginla will be playing for a fat new retirement contract as well.

Yes, the Flames are 'supposed' to be awful, but a short season means everything is up in the air.
Posted Image

#55 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,572 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

Flames off to a strong start, Cervenka out with a blood clot.

Made the trip to calgary and practiced today. He'll play

1zf4oy1.jpg

#56 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,426 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

"He'll play. You bet he'll play. He'll play on crutches. And he'll play, sometime this season, in CowTown..."

Hehe.

Roman Cervenka...
Posted Image

#57 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,572 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

Canucks top 6 without Kesler is 'laughable' ?

The Canucks top line alone is better than the flames top 6..

Glencross,Hudler,Calamari,Tanguay,Iginla and dont forget their #1 Centre Ceverenka LOL

The flames roster is like some noob who is new to hockey and just made random trades on NHL13.

All those guys scored more points than Higgins, Raymond, Booth or Hansen which would be your 2nd line as it stands with Kesler out

LOL LAUGHABLE

1zf4oy1.jpg

#58 gmen81

gmen81

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,179 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

Made the trip to calgary and practiced today. He'll play

Is this true? I heard he was out indefinitely.
Posted Image

#59 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,572 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

Is this true? I heard he was out indefinitely.

https://twitter.com/...418780298313729

no official medical announcements but seeing how he made the trip and practiced, his chances look good.

Edited by Sven Baertschi, 10 January 2013 - 03:53 PM.

1zf4oy1.jpg

#60 Canucks_fo_life

Canucks_fo_life

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,538 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

Jay Feaster has done a horrible job too, funniest was when they threw all that money at Wideman, like he was a Dan Hamhuis or something, love it.

This is OUR year

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.