The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Discussion about the music/DJ

Sniperslayer

i've already commented on the other thread that I agree the music selection blows and that part of the 'fan experience' is pretty bunk.

as far as the crowd being quiet, i think its a few things. yes there's definitely too many people sitting on their hands. but admit it, with this team there isn't often a whole lot to cheer for beyond goals. are there fights? big hits? exciting rushes? etc..

when you play dump and chase with a team of softies it ain't the most exciting. when kass motioned to the crowd after his scrap, i thought that what this team has lacked for ages. IE: a team that actually acknowledges the fans once in a while during games. ala - Tiger Williams!

i'd also suggest lowering the ridiculous price of beer. i know the more i have in me, the louder i get. but i draw the line at 2-3 typically at games.

I wholheartedly agree with this thread. The music selection at Canucks games is beyond abysmal and by far the absolute worst in the entire NHL. What decade are we in again? I'm convinced there isn't an actual DJ and it's just an ipod found in the early 00's lost by an early tween boyband loving girl. Thankfully TVs still come equipped with a mute button and headphones can block out the ear-raping at games.

Dear DJ dave. Do you even know how to beat match, scratch or not use autosync? It is too much to ask that you research some aggressive forms of electronic music or at least play something not Top-40, Pop, RnB, Hip Hop, or the other prepackaged garbage for the dumb-downed masses? You do realize that there are many styles of bass music that aren't metronomed untz-crap-untz-crap-untz-crap-untz-crap (repeat forever). Have you ever heard of a breakbeat? Chemical Bro.s were great a decade or more ago but that was then... There are so many talented DJs in Vancouver that even the amateur bedroom ones put your song selections to shame. Please get with the era.

BTW-House music belongs at Celebrities. Please leave it on Davie Street where it belongs. Not that's there's anything wrong with that (but not at HOCKEY GAMES).

We have had the U2 intro for so long it really makes me feel like we are apart of something don't know why we must change things I think it's better to have the same thing so it sticks more with our team persona imagine if Chicago changed chelsea dagger would ruin the vibe

Archived