The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Discussion about the music/DJ

Sniperslayer

DON'T. YOU. DARE.

It is the best fricken opening in the entire NHL. Why the hell would we change it? Can we not actually have tradition around here? We can't even go a year without changing our fricken goal song or our fricken jerseys and now we're going to change the fricken intro song? Jesus Christ this pisses me off. Do we all have fricken ADD? Can we not actually stick with something for once?

DJ DAVE,

I have a statement and a request.

I am really surprised that you seem to play the same song when the opposing team scores. I'm not sure if you do this for every goal they get, but it seems like it's consistent for their first goal. Excuse me if I'm mistaken here. However, I'm pretty sure that LCD Soundsystem's "Daft Punk is Playing at My House" seems to get played when we get scored AGAINST.

All I can say is that I think I remember you playing this as well at points last year. It's kind of beyond me as to why you'd give the other team a goal song. I really don't get it. And I'm not trying to be rude. I just don't get the idea.

What happens for me is that I start hating that song. Because it's pretty easy to make an association. What happens when we get scored on? Oh I know! I hear that song! And I feel crappy because we get scored on, so I wonder how I feel about the song?

The long and short is that I think that song is awesome That's my taste. And I love all kinds of tunes AND I happen to think James Murphy and LCD are great. And it pains me that it's getting annoying to hear it.

My request is - can you please stop playing that song when we get scored on? (I'm sure there's some other song out there worthy of Pavlovian hate-association). By all means crank the LCD at other times, and I'd be stoked. Thank you.

Sirius from APP -> The Conversion of Murray -> U2 Streets is the all-time best combination

2002-2003 Canucks

Though I must say, the Dogs of War TIWWLF 2011 playoff intro comes feverishly close, if not, matches the older intros

from back in the day

• 2 weeks later...

Archived