The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jackie Chan back in action, branding US more corrupt than China

key2thecup

Meh..... I guess bashing US is the latest on-going fad.

China is by far more corrupt than the US. The difference is that in the West we can talk about it, hence we're more aware of it. Do the same in China publicly and it's a just a matter of time before you'll be given a free trip to China's own all-inclusive resort "Club Gitmo".

THIS THREAD: Another opportunity for a possibly mature discussion regarding comparisons between China and the USA as to which country may be the more corrupt. Hopefully knowledgeable dialogue may ensue without trolling.

Every country and every government has it's share of corruption.

I'm glad he said it. All people do is blame China paint them as an enemy, and accuse them of corruption. True they are corrupted, but they are doing their best to tackle corruption, and China has been doing their best to improve their economy, improve their milatery, and tackling their polution problems. They look at the negatives, but refuse to look at the pros of China.

USA is totally a corrupt nation themselves, especially during the Bush era.

If another American actor wants to accuse china have been corrupted then go ahead.

Good job Jacky Chan. However I do believe he needs to stay out of politics. He is apparently banned from Taiwan.

He's exaggerating, America is not as corrupt as China and not the most corrupt country in the world, but he still has a point. The whole "Land of the free" thing is just propaganda at this point, and look at all the corporations getting all those favors from the government.

I also I don't get why anyone criticizing the government should be branded "Anti-American". This is propaganda at it's finest. He's not attacking average Americans, he's attacking the corruption in higher levels as opposed to the country as a whole.

Chan does have a point when it comes to the lobby industry between US politicians and various interest groups. US politicans get a lot of funding from corporations, unions, and other groups. They are be beholden to such interest groups like the NRA.

And don't forget the industrial military complex. Eisenshower, who was a general, besides a two term president, warned of it.

I'm glad he said it. All people do is blame China paint them as an enemy, and accuse them of corruption. True they are corrupted, but they are doing their best to tackle corruption, and China has been doing their best to improve their economy, improve their milatery, and tackling their polution problems. They look at the negatives, but refuse to look at the pros of China.

If another American actor wants to accuse china have been corrupted then go ahead.

Good job Jacky Chan. However I do believe he needs to stay out of politics. He is apparently banned from Taiwan.

Archived