The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are the Canucks doing to say sorry ?

Soooo...either I was misinformed or they changed the deal. I was just told by a gent at the store at the arena that it will be 50% off everything in the team store all day long on game day, not just during the game for ticket holders. This is not what I was originally told by team store staff. That said...THANK YOU VERY MUCH CANUCKS ORG! Looking forward to Saturday!

Wow. I'm kind of taken aback by the sense of entitlement here.

The fans are important, it's true, but that relationship is on a transaction by transaction basis. At the end of the game you attended, the contract is over. If you see an exceptionally entertaining game, the league/teams don't come to you and say "well' you only paid $100, and that was one of the best games the Canucks have ever played, so you owe us another $63". Conversely, if you go to a really boring game, you don't go to the owners/team and say" I paid $100 for that game, and it was one of the worst games the team has ever played. You owe me $47. Or an apology. Or a $1.00 hotdog".

If a season is truncated, and you have not bought anything, you are not owed anything.

And yet the teams always have a fan appreciation day, usually several. They give money to local charities. The NHL has fan appreciation days. Etc, etc, etc. The league, the teams, the owners, and the players all do a lot to give back to the communities they play for, because they know they are fortunate to be where they are. Is it really necessary to act like a bunch of spoilt children and scream from the rooftops "You owe us! We made you!" ?

What a bunch of ninnies.

I don't agree with reduced ticket prices in the Canuck's situation. There is a big demand for them and people are willing to pay. In reducing them, this just encourages scalpers to monopolize the tickets and resell them and "they" pocket the profit not the Canucks organization and not charities. They could have kept the same ticket prices as the general public are willing to pay anyways and for the first 3 games donate a percentage of ticket sales to charities. Discounted merchandise for the general public could be appreciated by all fans. $1 for hot dog and drinks...great deal. $1 off hot dog and drinks...weak offer and pointless/meaningless.

Wow. I'm kind of taken aback by the sense of entitlement here.

The fans are important, it's true, but that relationship is on a transaction by transaction basis. At the end of the game you attended, the contract is over. If you see an exceptionally entertaining game, the league/teams don't come to you and say "well' you only paid $100, and that was one of the best games the Canucks have ever played, so you owe us another $63". Conversely, if you go to a really boring game, you don't go to the owners/team and say" I paid $100 for that game, and it was one of the worst games the team has ever played. You owe me $47. Or an apology. Or a $1.00 hotdog".

If a season is truncated, and you have not bought anything, you are not owed anything.

And yet the teams always have a fan appreciation day, usually several. They give money to local charities. The NHL has fan appreciation days. Etc, etc, etc. The league, the teams, the owners, and the players all do a lot to give back to the communities they play for, because they know they are fortunate to be where they are. Is it really necessary to act like a bunch of spoilt children and scream from the rooftops "You owe us! We made you!" ?

What a bunch of ninnies.

$1 dollar hotdogs is nice. What would've been better is if they slashed the price of the beer in half, which would still be a ripoff but better nonetheless. Personally I dont care what they do, I cant make it to any games this year, I'm just ecstatic that I'll have something to watch on TV again. It's been a long and boring winter thus far.

Edmonton is doing something small on opening night. 99 random fans will win a free Oilers jersey. They will choose which name they want on the back. It can be a past or present player and it will be autographed. If it is a present player it will personally be delivered to your house. If it is a past player they will get it autographed and mailed to you.

Small gesture I guess.

Free scrimmage viewing last night turned out great. While it was only intended for lower bowl seating, when it started filling up they started seating people in the upper bowl as well. It was the most enthusiastic lower bowl crowd I've ever seen. My sister was happy she was able to get the kids treats, $1 for ice cream sandwiches, without having to spend an arm and a leg. I was happy they attended as they've never been to a Canucks game before. On some occasions, I've come to their place and the Canucks on NHL12 would be playing. My nephew learned the O Canada song from watching the Canucks games on tv. I hope they continue with this. People young and old seemed to have enjoyed the event. It seemed like an non-alchohol event as well, not sure if they were selling alcohol or not, as everyone was respectable and no one was disorderly but everyone still enjoyed themselves. Thank you Canucks for putting it on!!

PS. You're very lucky to have such passionate fans. 8 pages of "scrimmage" talk!?!

PPS. Raymond seems to have acquired some sweet hands in the off season and an effective passing partner.

Archived