The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Tide Has Turned in Vancouver: A Prediction

King of the ES

This is a critical juncture for them, and IMO it all depends on how their first 10 games go.

If they start out hot, I could certainly see them being a lower-seed playoff team. If not, though, they might begin to aggressively start dumping assets - doing a proper rebuild, if you will. Connolly, Lupul, MacArthur, Bozak, and Steckel are all UFAs after this year, so they could go into full distribution mode pretty quickly, to start accumulating picks/prospects. Like I've suggested on other threads, maybe Nonis has a target of Nate MacKinnon, Connor McDavid, or both. And if he does, you can kiss any thoughts of Luongo going to the Leafs as goodbye.

Taking into consideration that everyone has something of value should be celebrated and not ridiculed.

You might consider he has enough talent to have a career writing.You keep providing us with such ironic quotes,Smasshian.

I love it when bloggers call down pro journalists like they do pro athletes.

I have a bad feeling about this season, but I don't know if we will miss the playoffs, I'm thinking more a 1st round exit.

I don't see MG doing anything worthwhile this season and if he does trade Lu he will probably screw us over like he does in most of his trades.

It all depends on how the Sedins do, Kesler and Booth coming back on time, and Kassian needs to have a big impact if we want to go far in the playoffs.

I'm not worried about goaltending.

I find it funny how you talk about the teams getting better and seem to mention a lot about Calgary as if they're the top team in the NW vs the other better teams like the Wild, Oilers, and you don't even mention Colorado?.... could the Nucks miss the playoffs? maybe but if that happens it will have little to do with your Flames which many would say is the worse team in that div.

I find it funny how you talk about the teams getting better and seem to mention a lot about Calgary as if they're the top team in the NW vs the other better teams like the Wild, Oilers, and you don't even mention Colorado?.... could the Nucks miss the playoffs? maybe but if that happens it will have little to do with your Flames which many would say is the worse team in that div.

Archived