The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT - Oilers 3 Canucks 2 F/SO

cmpunk

Lui was great and kept us in it. Good to see he's stil his old self and can give you a chance to win every night.

Hamhuis hasn't looked too good imo...

Eddie looked really bad on the Eberle goal... I'd expect Eberle to do that to Tanev or Ballard but not Eddie.

Kassian working hard and paid off

Weise is looking sharp

Lappy hasn't been as good as expected.

I think the Canucks young guns played the best tonight (tanev, kassian, weise, volpatti). Maybe not surprising considering most have been playing during lockout. For that reason (and ebbetts not doing much), I'd call Schroeder up. It can't get worse, lol.

Not a big deal, if they're still blowing 2 goal leads in a week I'd be concerned, but not now.

Also, Tanev needs more TOI. IMO, he's been the best d-man the last 2 games (defensivly and puck moving). They need to rely on who's playing better right now while the others find their game.

On to the next..

They are going to battle just to scape into the playoffs, even with a full lineup. Gillis has not done enough to improve the team and the poor drafting record is beginning to hurt. There simply aren't enough prospects to fill in the void.

The very thought that this is a cup contending team is laughable. Need to get younger, faster and more skilled. This forward group does not cut it.

This team was in the top five for # of man games lost (over 300) last season and still won the President's trophy. The Blues and Rangers, two teams that challenged us for that trophy didn't finish with more than 300 games lost. Despite the injuries, this Canucks team is still stacked and is absolutely elite from top to bottom. But given the last two days -- you sure as hell wouldn't have any reason to believe me if you didn't know anything about this game.

They are going to battle just to scape into the playoffs, even with a full lineup. Gillis has not done enough to improve the team and the poor drafting record is beginning to hurt. There simply aren't enough prospects to fill in the void.

The very thought that this is a cup contending team is laughable. Need to get younger, faster and more skilled. This forward group does not cut it.

Archived