The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 5.0

WSH has to do something. I don't see them go on like this for remainder of season. MG GMGM will surely lose his job if things don't change fast.

Being a WSH fan it might not be a bad thing. I think they need a change in mgmt to move things forward.

George McPhee?

I agree though as he is also one of the longest standing GMs in the league. He has seemed to stall being able to get the team over the hump.

At this point you have to figure the coach isn't the problem. Personnel in the dressing room change or the GM does.

I did mean George McPhee. fixed.

I think the mgmt team needs to change. He's had a chance to retool the team a couple of times and also change coaches. The Penguins brought in Ray Shero to re tool the team and they won a Cup. WSH needs to do something similar and have a 3rd party assess the roster and prospect pool. Sometimes the GM who drafts the players and/or trades for them have more of an emotional investment in them.

I really think this is what the Lou deal is all about from the Nucks' perspective. They want to add to the prospect pool for next year and beyond while adding to the current roster for a deep run at the playoffs this year.

So, just to talk it out, let's envision a trade as we've proposed, even though seeing so many moving parts go in a single deal is unusual to say the least, under the assumption that Florida is trying to clear contracts for the offseason:

Lou

Weise

2nd (I include this only because history shows our scouting staff has no idea how to use them properly anyway)

for

Shore

Petrovic

Goc

Upshall (could be considered negative value)

Clemmensen

Archived