Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Why does no one ever blame Schneiderman?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
82 replies to this topic

#61 NuckNuckNucks

NuckNuckNucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

"Why does no one ever blame Schneiderman?"

Give it a few more games. Bandwagoneers are predictable here in Vancouver.
You have to be a true bandwagoneer if you buy Mike's line about looking for the right deal to trade Luongo.

True fans and hockey diehards know, that is double talk for, "Luongo is a high ticket commodity now or next year, we'll keep him around just in case Schneider turns out to be a lemon and chokes games."

And choke he will.

I know this. I'm never wrong.

#62 Jester13

Jester13

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:56 PM

Schneider wasn't the issue, as Luongo was never the issue before, just stupid fans who jump the gun and pin the blame where it is easiest without considering what actually happened.

Don't worry if Schneider has a bad game there will be people blaming him (mostly Luongo lovers who can't accept he is on his way out but still)

In a sense, doesn't this make the coaching staff and GM MG stupid as well because they also blame Lu? Or do you think that they are now looking at this and realizing what the actual problem is (our D) and possibly even contemplating trading Schneids instead? Hmmm, interesting. :frantic:

Edit: also, Edler was clearly to blame for the second goal, and I know that people are blaming Garrison solely for the first goal, but correct me if I'm wrong that Edler pushed their guy into Schneider which prevented him from being in position for the first goal? First two goals were Edler's fault IMO.

Edited by Jester13, 28 January 2013 - 02:01 PM.

"Education is the inoculator for ignorance."

#63 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,648 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

In a sense, doesn't this make the coaching staff and GM MG stupid as well because they also blame Lu? Or do you think that they are now looking at this and realizing what the actual problem is (our D) and possibly even contemplating trading Schneids instead? Hmmm, interesting. :frantic:

Edit: also, Edler was clearly to blame for the second goal, and I know that people are blaming Garrison solely for the first goal, but correct me if I'm wrong that Edler pushed their guy into Schneider which prevented him from being in position for the first goal? First two goals were Edler's fault IMO.

Um... I think so, I guess you could put it like that.

And I don't think us choosing Schneider over Lu is saying that we thought Lu was the problem, just that Schneider has emerged as this good and is a better option moving forward. Nothing against Lu's play.

zackass.png

#64 DooBie604

DooBie604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:02 PM

Both goalies are great goalies and both will have their off-nights. It is true however that when Lou has an off night people bash him like crazy but when Cory has an off night he is given a pass. However I can guarantee that will change in time when the people defending him will be the same people who turn on him here.

Personally I have no preference for either goalie because both are capable of shutting it down. The only reason I prefer we keep Cory and trade Lou is because of age. Ability-wise I'd actually say Lou is better right now but potentially Cory could be just as good. People keep talking about Loungo's mental state being worse than Cory but I don't remember Cory ever taking us to the cup finals as a starter. In fact I don't remember Cory ever winning a playoff series for us so how can people be so sure that he is stronger mentally. A regular season game against a good opponent doesn't count as a high pressure game in my books.

Last night Cory didn't play bad but he didn't play spectacular either. He didn't lose the game for us but he didn't win it for us either. He was certainly not to blame for the loss.

#65 Ginu

Ginu

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

Our D looked really bad and our forwards lack and were terrible at getting anything going regardless of all those posts.... so it makes it kinda hard to blame Schneider for the loss...
Posted Image

#66 Buttock

Buttock

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

He would have needed to get a shutout to win that game for us. We scored one goal...that's not good enough no matter who your goalie is or what you expect of him.

#67 Mr.DirtyDangles

Mr.DirtyDangles

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,352 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

Funny but is it true. My sentiments exactly.

No1813_comets2_rr.jpgDec2814_jake_rr.jpg

As far as I am concerned, Juice is just "On loan" to the Ducks

#68 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,006 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

The better question is why is it always the goaltender who gets blamed?

It takes a full team to win in hockey including coaches, so that's 25+ people who are responsible for winning or losing. I don't get why it all gets put on the shoulders of one guy.

#69 CANUCKAHOLIC_9

CANUCKAHOLIC_9

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

Cory is a beast i thought why the change of heart now??? why oh WHY OH WHY lol wish cdc had a kid detector

#70 Nino

Nino

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,032 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

Your the bandwagoneer, you only show yor face when you feel you have a reason to rag on Cory. Go back to your cave with your dam ring and stay there.

#71 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,295 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

People complain about people NOT complaining?
This is new.

I would like to complain about that.

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

waiting.for.cdc.jpg

#72 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

it is tru we need kovalev n jovanovski i tell u i kno this they want play vancover an they perfomr in playoff i kno thing like this i am frend with mark gillis he tel me thing

I am Mark Gillis and I can confirm this.

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#73 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,143 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

Rest assured they will. In fact they already have. It's just not quite as vocal as Luongo's criticism at this point due to lack of exposure.

9jRgxTJ.gif

#74 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,583 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

blame is a lazy man's wages

#75 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

That is simply not true. In some cases of course but he has certainly had some questionable positioning. I know you dislike Luongo but you also need to be objective. It's fine; Schneider is young and he has and will screw up. He said himself he needed to work on his mechanics after the first game so I will take his word for it. Last night he also didn't look too hot. I wouldn't blame it on him but a guy with good mechanics and positioning doesn't let that second goal in so easily or almost have one scored on him because he wasn't paying attention like what happened the other night.

I absolutely agree with your last statement however. I wish more people would do that. Having said that I also know that when the team has played poorly in front of Luongo you have not skipped a beat in telling everyone what Luongo did wrong. Hardly seems very objective.

Here comes the I'm a goalie coach and you don't know anything about hockey. (hope I'm wrong but it's your M.O.)

The second goal he got a big piece of, scored from the slot on a giveaway....unlucky not to have stopped it..but definietly not due to poor positioning. As i said..for me its more about how and why. Canucks are in big triouble, regardless of who is net if they continue to give up those high quality scoring chances.

#76 canucks.bradley

canucks.bradley

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,536 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

100% true. if luongo was in net...there would be millions of trade/hate threads..its the cdc
Posted Image
3000th post - September, 2010

K guys I nd hlp fast. Im @ a girls I rly like & txtng from my iphone. I did a #2 in the bathroom and it plugged, water is almost overflowing toilet. Srsly I dunno wut 2 do somebody help!

Watch Bowness somehow mess up Tampa Bay's already amazing 2 powerplay units...he'll probably tell Stamkos to do drop passes from centre ice, take him out from the faceoff dot, and place him infront of the goalie :lol:

#77 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

I can guarantee you that if it was Luongo today, there will be hundreds of threads asking for him to be traded and how much he sucks as a goalie.

The invincible Schneiderman wasn't so invincible after all. I hope this game finally puts to rest how "superior" Schneider is to Luongo and that Luongo should be Booed and kicked out of Vancouver.

Why does everyone blame the goalie when something isn't right. Schneider nor Luongo can't play jesus every game when our defense plays worst than a triple A midget team. Seriously, there is this disease in Vancouver where goalies get all the blame automatically when there is a loss. So far, aside from the first game, our goalies have played well. Blame Bieksa, Hamhuis, Garrison and Edler for playing like crap on defense.

Edited by Pouria, 28 January 2013 - 08:23 PM.

Posted Image

#78 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

He would have needed to get a shutout to win that game for us. We scored one goal...that's not good enough no matter who your goalie is or what you expect of him.

If it wasn't for him and Luongo, we would've started the season 0-5-0. We have been outplayed in all our games, even in Anaheim during 5-on-5 plays. Until the defense sorts itself out and we get our 2nd line back, we will struggle. Schneider played like jesus when we won against Anaheim, otherwise it would've been a loss.

Posted Image

#79 kilgore

kilgore

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,709 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:28 PM

People complain about people NOT complaining?
This is new.

Its not that new unfortunately. These pointless threads should be banned.

Why do we need more complaining?

But I garner that the OP was actually a LuongoLover/SchneiderHater, because some fans just can't wrap their heads around cheering for both...and he is just mad that not as many people are blaming Cory yet as much as he feels Lu has been. Such a self-defeating attitude IMO.

#80 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,774 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:37 AM

The second goal he got a big piece of, scored from the slot on a giveaway....unlucky not to have stopped it..but definietly not due to poor positioning. As i said..for me its more about how and why. Canucks are in big triouble, regardless of who is net if they continue to give up those high quality scoring chances.

We can agree to disagree on the first part but I couldn't agree more about the rest. So far for me though the difference this season has been how each goalie has handled those high quality chances. I do agree with you that we need to look at the why and how more often but we also need to take into account that high quality shots will happen.

I'm not saying Schneids has been awful or anything of the sort but in 4 games he's looked garbage in a home opener (which imo is excusable), he's looked great in 2 game he only had to be good for and mediocre in a game he needed to be great in. The team can't hang him out to dry as much as they have for sure but as a starter he also should to get them out of that from time to time.

Having said all that I'm sure as the season goes on and he calms down it will come but it's not there right now.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#81 fwybwed

fwybwed

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,572 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:31 AM

Goalie graveyard is diggin one up for the next one eh~! You know who digs those holes....The Defense lol

#82 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,774 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:07 AM

Goalie graveyard is diggin one up for the next one eh~! You know who digs those holes....The Defense lol

One could argue the media digs the holes. The fans just fill the dirt over the casket.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#83 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,778 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

Well, in all fairness, it took 5 years for the fans to turn on Lu. Let's give Cory the same timeframe, OK?

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.