The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT - Kings 3 Canucks 2 F/SO

cmpunk

We need a new powerplay coach. We need someone who can get Garrison involved for either his monster point shots or at least act as a decoy and free up space for guys in tighter. Watching the sjs powerplay they moved that puck around so fast. With Kassian parked in front we need to start getting shots thru. I thought Garrison would solve this problem but alas we cant even seem to get him an open shot.

Luongo played well to steal a point.

Same old garbage. Sound familiar?

Out worked, outplayed all game. Hold a thin lead only to blow it. Brutal power play. And oh yeah luongo loses in a shoot out.

This lineup is probably the most weakest and offensively useless team banded together in a very very Long time. Similar to the time the Canucks had a Cooke naslund rucinsky as their first line. This is just not their year as painful it is to say. Not next year either.

Anybody else think we should keep putting edler in the Shootout?.. He's gonna score any day now.....

Wtf, I'm usually not an av hater but his Shootout choices are completely retarded every time.

In other notes, I don't blame the third period sit back entirely on av. Our guys looked completely bagged from playing b2b and their guys were really bringin it trying to tie it up.

Luongo was absolutely stellar tonight!

Hamhuis . cant believe how bad that kid is playing so far this year,i know its early but jeezus....... Edler is just picking up where he left off last years playoffs, uninterested and almost useless at times,

im almost thinking its time Barker gets a look, he played a bunch already this year he wont be any worse than our TOP 4.

Let hammer hit the gym for a couple weeks and see what Barker can bring,

Luongo was a total G tonight.

Ohhhhh Canucks :(

There is so much wrong with their game right now

No speed

Taking an extra split second to make a pass or take a shot. Doesn't sound like much but when the game is so fast, an extra second makes a huge difference

Inability to clear our zone. Is our defensive blue line the Great Wall of China?

Poor faceoff % - Kesler where art thou

Huge defensive gaps and giveaways

Inability to cash in on the PP

Giving up 3rd period leads. Preserving leads has been our bread and butter for years

It is fine to use the excuse of "it's just 6 games in to the season" but not when the points we're giving up are to NW div and/or Western Conference opponents. Gotta get those won in regulation.

The team isn't looking good at all. It's not a coincidence that Tanev, Schroeder, and Kassian were the best Canucks tonight. THEY'RE YOUNGERRRRR. We need youth on the team for crap's sake.

Good game for Luongo. Nice seeing him in net. Something about it just feels...right

Vigneault won't be fired, at least not until Kesler is back, but more importantly, there isn't a stud coach that can just take over. Who's available for coaches?

In regards to the shootout options, Edler should be a later option, with Kesler (when healthy), Burrows and Kassian rounding out the first 3 shooters (liked Kassian's attempt tonight), and maybe Schroeder and Raymond getting a chance before Edler.

I was most upset with the absence of Kassian in O.T. Why not give him a chance?

Vigneault won't be fired, at least not until Kesler is back, but more importantly, there isn't a stud coach that can just take over. Who's available for coaches?

In regards to the shootout options, Edler should be a later option, with Kesler (when healthy), Burrows and Kassian rounding out the first 3 shooters (liked Kassian's attempt tonight), and maybe Schroeder and Raymond getting a chance before Edler.

I was most upset with the absence of Kassian in O.T. Why not give him a chance?

Archived