235 replies to this topic

#151 Stick-in-Rink

Stick-in-Rink

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,524 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:21 AM

This game just shows more than ever how much Salo's stability on the Canucks defense is thoroughly missed.

#152 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

LMAO means Laugh Me Ass Off. I'm not sure what you think it mean. Regardless, I've been a fan for 27 years and I feel your pain. Ignore the 16 year old, bandwagon trolls

Hahaha bandwagon troll? Whhhaatttt :lol:
I'm being one of the few optimistic and positive people here
You should try it sometime
Posted Image

#153 hsedin33

hsedin33

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:23 AM

I cant remember ever hearing Gillis clearly say hes going to trade Luongo, the media just puts words in mouths and twists things up. Hes said things like "were shopping a premier player in this league" bla bla but how many times has Lus name came out of his mouth?

Remember all the Bieksa trade rumours after the 09/10 season? Everyone was saying that he was practically good as gone 100%.... Still here..

The media here is so bad, soooo bad. And i agree with hockeyville.. I love schneids, kids a stud, but something about Lu in net "just feels right.."

This season is going to be interesting..

I remember when Luongo first got here, we felt unstoppable with him in net, we felt driven to win, like we finally had a real chance. I don't feel that with Schneider.He's good, but he doesn't make me go, "Dang, this guy is driven to win on the big stage". Then again, right now I don't feel that with any player except Luongo. I hope he doesn't go. I feel like he is the only one here who actually wants to win the Cup and not just say it.

Edited by hsedin33, 29 January 2013 - 12:27 AM.

#154 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,309 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

Why can't we run our PK like LA? they are in the face of the shooters, forcing quick passes that easily leads to sloppy play and turnovers. We just stand in the lanes and let them cycle, in a game where an unlucky bounce can change the outcome of a game, I don't think we should be sitting back and waiting for shots.

#155 Buckeye Fruit

Buckeye Fruit

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Playing like $h1t
Missing key players
10% of the season is done
Yet...we still sit in a playoff spot

Just relax honey, everything is going to be ok.
<p>Posted Image GO FALCONS!

#156 Understand

Understand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,719 posts

Who the hell picked the shooters? WTF was that SO attempt by Burrows... and Edler as the 2nd shooter?!

Exactly. Edler the 2nd shooter? Pathethic...

#157 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,410 posts

I'm losing hope. It hurts. Why can't they hold leads?
Mr. Reputable of the HFBoards

#158 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,634 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:25 AM

The only difference is this season is 48 games long so they don't have the luxury of having these bad starts

It's really not much different since we were 1st by the halfway point last season.

As long as they start rolling by the end of February and March, they should be in a good position.

The important thing right now is to just stay in the mix until Kesler andBooth get back, and then they can make their surge.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#159 frazzY

frazzY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:26 AM

Who let in a goal with 40 seconds left?

7uongo

Lol wow, you are whats wrong with Canucks "fans"

#160 Understand

Understand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,719 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:26 AM

Garrison is such a joke....he almost never hits the net. Ballard looks better than him defensively.
New team or not, he shows that he is not a very good defenseman.

#161 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:27 AM

Exactly. Edler the 2nd shooter? Pathethic...

A little unfair, Edler has worked for us many times in the shootout.

That being said, I would like to see the Sedins before Edler WAYY more often.
Posted Image

#162 VancouverCanucksRock

VancouverCanucksRock

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,302 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:30 AM

I knew we were going to lose the lead with the amount of icings I saw the morons taking with 10 minutes to go
Posted Image WHen idiots think numbers are words, I do believe in 2012 for cleansing Earth of the idiots

#163 KraKassian

KraKassian

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:30 AM

No.

1982 cup run was the best team we had. More heart in just Snepst's pinky finger then then this entire team.

I'm not LMAO.

I said nothing about us beating the Ducks - except why didn't we do that the first game.

I assume the only reason you don't mention 93-94 team as having more heart is because of Pavel Bure, because there is no question about what Canuck had the most heart in the history of the Canucks.

#164 Raiun

Raiun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:31 AM

He's like.. 6 for 20 in the shootouts, that's not really "working many times".

The other thing to consider is that he's not a strong forward with slick dekes and moves. He's got an accurate shot and a long reach which can work to his advantage sometimes, but he was up against Quick. A shot isn't gonna cut it, you have to beat him.

#165 canadaguy_25

canadaguy_25

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:31 AM

Hahaha bandwagon troll? Whhhaatttt :lol:
I'm being one of the few optimistic and positive people here
You should try it sometime

I didn't mean you specifically. It's just that some people have followed this team for many years and get trolled by kids for being tired of patience.

#166 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,359 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

No.

1982 cup run was the best team we had. More heart in just Snepst's pinky finger then then this entire team.

I'm not LMAO.

I said nothing about us beating the Ducks - except why didn't we do that the first game.

The 94 Canucks had a ton of heart too I would say.......Could we ever use 1994 Linden right now......these mailed in performances would not happen on his watch or at least he would try to do something about it through his play......the lack of heart on this team is disappointing.

Edited by wallstreetamigo, 29 January 2013 - 12:34 AM.

#167 Tell Kelly I said hi

Tell Kelly I said hi

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Not using Tanev late in game. Kassian not seeing the ice in OT. Edler 2nd shooter. Sit on the 2-0 lead with almost no offensive pressure... Not one of AV's best efforts.
Posted Image

#168 pibroch

pibroch

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Hansen and Higgins have been awful so far this season. And why put a guy like Weise with offensively minded players like Raymond and Schroeder? Weise can't get a shot off for the life of him. depth is not existent at the moment and if this continues the next 4-5 games, expect changes will be made through roster moves.

Um, Hansen was one of, if not the best Canuck players against San Jose. Higgins has been bad. Hansen should play with Raymond and Schroeder.

#169 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,901 posts

Edler has one go to move.... five hole. It gets preety predictable quick.

I wouldnt mind Edler in the shootout but not as a top 3 shooter. We had Schroeder, Raymond, Higgins sitting on the bench while a defenceman takes the critical 2nd shot.

#170 Vigneault's Timeout

Vigneault's Timeout

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,678 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:34 AM

Really? The Sedins are by far the easiest shooters for a goalie to follow. Slow, soft chip shots on the goalie's 5-hole.

1. Burrows
2. Kassian
3. Raymond
4. Schroeder
5. Higgins
6. Lapierre
7. Edler

Would go before them in my opinion.
Posted Image

#171 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,359 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:37 AM

I assume the only reason you don't mention 93-94 team as having more heart is because of Pavel Bure, because there is no question about what Canuck had the most heart in the history of the Canucks.

If you don't have heart you better damn well have game breaking skill that you bring consistently night in and night out.......

#172 Understand

Understand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,719 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:37 AM

Really? The Sedins are by far the easiest shooters for a goalie to follow. Slow, soft chip shots on the goalie's 5-hole.

1. Burrows
2. Kassian
3. Raymond
4. Schroeder
5. Higgins
6. Lapierre
7. Edler

Would go before them in my opinion.

Please, no Mason Raymond. I am pretty sick and tried watching this guy fails.

#173 KraKassian

KraKassian

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

If you don't have heart you better damn well have game breaking skill that you bring consistently night in and night out.......

That was my point :emot-parrot:

#174 Maninthebox

Maninthebox

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:43 AM

Please, no Mason Raymond. I am pretty sick and tried watching this guy fails.

Tool

#175 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,155 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:44 AM

Since Keith Ballard has clearly (Along with the Tan Man) been our best defenseman, we can't buy him out/trade him in the offseason.

And obviously someone has to go, we can't have 5 guys making over 4 Million there with the cap dropping. So with that being said who is your candidate to move?

For me it would be Bieksa, I think Garrison will pick it up, and Bieksa has been Mr.Inconsistency every season except 10/11. Plus he would bring us back more in a trade than Ballard or Garrison would.

zackass.png

#176 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:49 AM

Well, it's been a disappointing start to the season...disappointing in that we've had a chance to win all of the games with the exception of the ass kicking we took on opening night and to the Sharks last night.

I suppose we should be employing a Plan B once we have a two goal lead, but I'm afraid Vigneault does not have one.

What's up with:

1) sitting on leads?
2) the three Swedes playing like meatballs? Yes, they have shown flashes of what could be, but the three Swedes for the most part have been pretty bad.
3) Garrison? Can he hit the net? Can he stop gifting scoring chances to the opposition?
4) Bieksa? Does he still think he's playing his "Buddies Games"?
5) Higgins? Where's he been?
6) Goaltending...why can't they steal us 2 points instead of 1? Oh yeah, it's because we can't seem to score when we need it.
7) Shootouts? Why are so we lousy at it? Only the Flames seem to be worse.
8) The retardation of Lapierre's penalty last night...we had momentum at the time and it looked like we had a shot a tying it up, but Yappy Lappy takes that stupid penalty and we're down 2. I would have kept him out of the lineup tonight for that penalty.

In spite of this, we've seen some good things so far...

1) Kassian not only showing like he belongs in the NHL, but he's been the best Canuck so far this season (in spite of having to carry the Sedins).
2) Schroeder showing signs like he belongs in the NHL.
3) Improved offensive output from Raymond...he's playing pretty good defence too.
4) Play of Ballard and Tanev...they should be paired ahead of Edler and Garrison until the latter two can get their sh!t together.
5) Volpatti...he looks like he's going to be a fixture on the 4th line.

It's only six games in, so we have time to right the ship...but it burns my a$$ when we leave points behind. That's what I'm disappointed with. Other than that, the Canucks are right on schedule with the mediocre start to the season.

Edited by disisdayear, 29 January 2013 - 12:53 AM.

#177 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,318 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:03 AM

Not a bad game, but we had some trouble getting out of jams against the Kings, who are one of the best possession teams in the league. Still some excellent play after Luongo was bailing us out at times.

First thing that bugged me was I'm not sure how Kassian having that empty net chance on the Kings breakdown during our PP didn't result in a penalty for hooking. The Kings player's stick was clearly up at Kassian's waist and in his hands as he tried to shoot the puck.

Posted Image
Pretty clearly a hook as the stick is horizontal and in the hands/body.

Second thing that bugged me was the long delay before Burrow's shootout attempt. There was no reason for it to take that long, so I don't know if there was anything from the local timekeepers holding it up (remember the timeclock fiasco?) to try and ice Burrows or if the refs just couldn't get organized.

Other than that, I'll take it since it was just another road game in the last few days so the guys must have been tired at the end there.

Edited by elvis15, 29 January 2013 - 02:17 PM.

schroedersig2_by_elvis15-d5szksn.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#178 Coconuts

Coconuts

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,024 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:02 AM

Luongo was spectacular. Without him playing the way he did we likely don't even get a point.

Our PP and PK need some work, and we need to tighten up our game. We can't keep handing the opponent a point or two or we're going to bury ourselves.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#179 Kassian's Face

Kassian's Face

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:05 AM

Once again Kassian takes fuel out of the CoHo cry babies on these forums. I thought MayRay had an awesome game tonight, and Higgins had one good hit, too bad it was on the ref. I am not a fan of Schroeder due to his size, not his skill. He played with more fire then most of the Canucks and he did excellent in our face-off circle, but his size crippled any offensive ability he has against a team like the Kings. The only time that game he had a chance to score was on the shoot out, but alas AV strikes again.

Garrison with Edler?

I personally thought Alex Burrows shoot out attempt was the most entertaining play of the game.

AV has to go. He is an amazing coach but he is friends with the players, he can yell at them till his face turns blue and it won't stir up anything. I understood us keeping him on last year as a sort of 'thank you' for his service, but we are never going to win a cup with him behind the bench.

#180 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:06 AM

Don't know how my last post intended for this thread ended up in the "multiple warning signs surrounding Zack Kassian thread" but anyway, here it is:

One thing before bed:

I don't agree with those saying that this loss was AV's fault because he had the team sitting on the lead. Trust me, there are plenty of things I blame AV for but in this case, I happen to believe the team actually WAS trying to score more. Problem is, the team just plain sucks offensively right now. Even if the Canucks were given the green light to push the attack and completely forget defense, I still doubt they would have been able to score so it has nothing to do with sitting on the lead.

The team needs to find its offensive mojo quickly. They also need to get back to scoring at a healthy clip on the powerplay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.