#1 janisahockeynut

janisahockeynut

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

So just as a point of discussion

If you take the game against Anahiem out of Cory Schneiders stats you will leave him with the following stats:

93 shots...................6 goals total..........................184 minutes approx.

Leaves him with aprrox. 1.98 GAA and a 935 Save percentage............in just over 3 games.

Now don't call me on exact numbers, cause I did it quickly, but it is real close! And just behind Luongo in both categories, and around 5th over all........And yes I know you can't take the first game away, but I did.

Just to be fair, Luoie's stats would improve too! But this wasn't about Luo. Just wondering what the answer was. And Please, if I am wrong, correct it, but I think I am close!

So the glass is half full! Cheers! Gotta love numbers!

#2 *VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,116 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

I don't remember what I was going to say to this

Oh yeah I remember

This is a dumb

I also suppose you want to take San Jose's game out of Cory's stats to

Edited by *VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*, 31 January 2013 - 06:07 PM.

Posted Image

^Vintage Canuck^

CDC STHS Hockey League Commissioner

CDC STHS Tampa Bay Lightning

#3 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,100 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

Posted Image

The point of stats is not to cherry pick them. His stats will improve and perhaps Luongo's will regress. They're small samples sizes.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,178 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:18 PM

POPULAR

I don't remember what I was going to say to this

Oh yeah I remember

This is a dumb

I also suppose you want to take San Jose's game out of Cory's stats to

yeah this reply is pretty dumb too

#5 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

Cory would have about 6 shutouts by now if they just went by periods rather than games.

Edited by hudson bay rules, 31 January 2013 - 06:25 PM.

I love rock and roll, just put another dime in the juice box baby.

#6 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

POPULAR

If the puck didn't go in the net so much, then he would have not had as many goals scored on him

if i'm wrong you can correct me, but i think this means if you take away all the times the puck went into the net, then his stats would be somewhere around number one. i just thought this up quickly, so dont call me on exact numbers
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#7 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,933 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

Who are you AV?

#8 Peter Gunn

Peter Gunn

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

Canucks have always said they'll go with the hot hand so........

Schneider last 3 games - 2-1-0, 1.95 ga, .935 sv%.
Luongo last 2 games - 1-0-1, 0.96 ga, .962 sv%.

Schneider's hot, Luongo's red hot.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

When you put on that jersey, the name on the front is more important then the name on the back. - "Miracle"

#9 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,554 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

If you take the game against Anahiem out of Cory Schneiders stats you will leave him with the following stats:

93 shots...................6 goals total..........................184 minutes approx.

Leaves him with aprrox. 1.98 GAA and a 935 Save percentage............in just over 3 games.

Now don't call me on exact numbers, cause I did it quickly, but it is real close! And just behind Luongo in both categories, and around 5th over all........And yes I know you can't take the first game away, but I did.

Just to be fair, Luoie's stats would improve too! But this wasn't about Luo. Just wondering what the answer was. And Please, if I am wrong, correct it, but I think I am close!

If you take out every game every goalie has ever played they are all at 0.00 GAA
Posted Image

#10 janisahockeynut

janisahockeynut

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:26 PM

POPULAR

If the puck didn't go in the net so much, then he would have not had as many goals scored on him

if i'm wrong you can correct me, but i think this means if you take away all the times the puck went into the net, then his stats would be somewhere around number one. i just thought this up quickly, so dont call me on exact numbers

You know, we have played 7 games and I point out 1 very small point, and sarcasim runs rapid. The fact the half of CDC like wants Schneider to play most games and the other half wants Luongo to, the fact that there are so many bandwagoners on here, ah geesh what a bunch of sarcastic jerks, you guys are probably the sames guys game in, game out that critisize anyone that points out the obvoius, but don't have much important to say yourself.

So I suppose you phoned up 1040 to day and said to Gillis......no kidding it wasn't Cory's fault, no kidding no one showed up! People running around here with their heads cut off and you can't make valid points. The point WAS that it was only the first 1/2 of the first game of a no preseason, shortened training camp season and that people need to relax, cause it isn't so bad. And it is a small sample size.......point was that after you take that first 30 minutes off, his stats are basically what have been for the past 2 years. and that is good.

And Joe, because you are older than dirt, doesn't give you the right to be a donkeys rear, you should know better! Take the point in the spirit that it was given.........or why don't you and your friends put out some opinions that make points, instead of your normal conforming middle of the road dribble. Grow a pair, or is it too late?

#11 janisahockeynut

janisahockeynut

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

If you take out every game every goalie has ever played they are all at 0.00 GAA

I am probably being a little sensitive, but Iam a little disapointed in you Aladeen, you are usually a good writer and don't follow, but maybe I just missed those ones. It was only a simple point.....did you phone 1040 and jump Gillis? Disappointed!!!! Beneath you!

#12 janisahockeynut

janisahockeynut

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

Canucks have always said they'll go with the hot hand so........

Schneider last 3 games - 2-1-0, 1.95 ga, .935 sv%.
Luongo last 2 games - 1-0-1, 0.96 ga, .962 sv%.

Schneider's hot, Luongo's red hot.

Yes! Thank You! My Point exactly.....but keep you head down, they might hear you!

#13 John.Tallhouse

John.Tallhouse

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

yeah this reply is pretty dumb too

Diddo ;-)

Posted Image

#14 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

I was unaware that you were allowed to pretend real events didn't happen and pick and choose which stats you wanted to pay attention to.

#15 Tragoedia

Tragoedia

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

Everyone being sarcastic (although having some greatly funny responses) must have missed the point. The point is not to prove who is better. The point is that one game affects his stats in a way that doesn't really represent his actual play. It's not to try to cherry pick.
Posted Image

#16 Clinch16

Clinch16

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

The point is that one game affects his stats in a way that doesn't really represent his actual play.

...and the Titanic is sitting at the bottom of the Atlantic too
Posted Image

#17 CowtownCanuck

CowtownCanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

Throw out all of the stats you want, Luongo still couldn't win a game in Boston, the years before he choked against Chicago. I can get the same results from a backup goalie for 4 million less and way les ego

Throw Kassian on a line with the twins, and he's a beast, it doesn't change the fact that Hodgson wanted out of Vancouver either

#18 Rocket Robin

Rocket Robin

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

Don't worry if the hawk's fill the net up with pucks I can promise u that u will see shnids again hope not though :towel:

#19 Ugli Fruit

Ugli Fruit

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,856 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

Posted Image

Formerly known as LordofBrussels

There we have it folks, we have literally blamed everyone for everything at this point

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#20 Ugli Fruit

Ugli Fruit

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,856 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

Throw out all of the stats you want, Luongo still couldn't win a game in Boston, the years before he choked against Chicago. I can get the same results from a backup goalie for 4 million less and way les ego

Throw Kassian on a line with the twins, and he's a beast, it doesn't change the fact that Hodgson wanted out of Vancouver either

I don't even know where to start with this.

There's a fine line between erasing an entire game's stats to improve a player's average and using stats as numerical evidence that no games could have been won in Boston.

Actually, it's not even a fine line. It's a crude, thick, easy-to-spot line. Taking out Schneider's first game to improve stats? This is warping the reality and it is completely untrue. However, to disregard the fact that the team was able to score a combined total of 4 goals in the 3 road games is folly. There is no manipulation involved in this. No goalie could gave won a game in that series given that kind of goal support and the garbage D as well.

You seem to live in Calgary, why don't you cheer for them?

Formerly known as LordofBrussels

There we have it folks, we have literally blamed everyone for everything at this point

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#21 janisahockeynut

janisahockeynut

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

As Bizarrely funny as this has started to be. The point is that announcers state stats for 2, 5, 10 games all the time, they use it to illistrate improvement or drops in play and such. Many times we have heard Ron McLean or Shorthouse or a plethera of other colormen say, that "his goals against average has been below 2.00 in the second half of the season. It is all the same, use as many games as you want. As my friend say earlier, our goalies (The Canucks) are under 2.00 GAA in the past 5 games....which is exactly what TSN, CBC, Rogers, etc would say......here is a secret....shhh..... they do it in most team sports........but you guys have your fun, maybe I take this too serious, but I am on point on this point!........and .....Hey Joe! I would imagine in your 70 + years you have heard those types of stats thrown out to us a few times? LOL

#22 janisahockeynut

janisahockeynut

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

I don't even know where to start with this.

There's a fine line between erasing an entire game's stats to improve a player's average and using stats as numerical evidence that no games could have been won in Boston.

Actually, it's not even a fine line. It's a crude, thick, easy-to-spot line. Taking out Schneider's first game to improve stats? This is warping the reality and it is completely untrue. However, to disregard the fact that the team was able to score a combined total of 4 goals in the 3 road games is folly. There is no manipulation involved in this. No goalie could gave won a game in that series given that kind of goal support and the garbage D as well.

You seem to live in Calgary, why don't you cheer for them?

He seems to have struck a nerve....LOL....not so funny is it! Look if you read my last post, you can see where I am coming from, it is not many games granted, but a true Canuck fan would know that no one showed up infront of Schneider that first game( And Gillis said as much on 1040 today), not that he was ready, but because of the cercumstances, it skews the results

On a related note.....scoring stats will be skewed this year, because of the same thing....just look at the average points per game of the top players, you would think that there were Gretz and Mario were out there......and I am sorry but they are not....just an observation. I bet scoring will be down in the second half of the season! LOL

Edited by zcaptain, 31 January 2013 - 09:58 PM.

#23 JelloIce

JelloIce

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

If the purpose of this thread was to "reassure" those armchair goalie critics, then you're already losing this battle. (aka No need to post this thread) If this is to "reassure" Canucks fans...then this is a pointless thread because actual fans have already written that off as a bad game and easily moved on to believing in their team in the present and future. (aka No need to post this thread)

Although, yes. The method of isolating samples is a very real and legitimate statistical method of evaluation, but the way you presented that idea was absolutely terrible. So the fact that you got such responses is not a surprise. You get a +1 for concept but a -3 for execution. You seem like an intelligent fellow so the math should be obvious.

I've broken it down for you objectively. Do we still have a problem? In the end, whatever the reason, this was a pointless thread where you've put yourself in a lose/lose situation.

#24 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

You know, we have played 7 games and I point out 1 very small point, and sarcasim runs rapid. The fact the half of CDC like wants Schneider to play most games and the other half wants Luongo to, the fact that there are so many bandwagoners on here, ah geesh what a bunch of sarcastic jerks, you guys are probably the sames guys game in, game out that critisize anyone that points out the obvoius, but don't have much important to say yourself.

So I suppose you phoned up 1040 to day and said to Gillis......no kidding it wasn't Cory's fault, no kidding no one showed up! People running around here with their heads cut off and you can't make valid points. The point WAS that it was only the first 1/2 of the first game of a no preseason, shortened training camp season and that people need to relax, cause it isn't so bad. And it is a small sample size.......point was that after you take that first 30 minutes off, his stats are basically what have been for the past 2 years. and that is good.

And Joe, because you are older than dirt, doesn't give you the right to be a donkeys rear, you should know better! Take the point in the spirit that it was given.........or why don't you and your friends put out some opinions that make points, instead of your normal conforming middle of the road dribble. Grow a pair, or is it too late?

All I got from this is a bunch of filth that reeks worse than anything I've churned out me bunghole within the last decade. I gotta say, it's quite astonishing. I'm sorry my comment made your butt hurt so much, for what it's worth.

And I wasn't bashing schneider or favoring luongo... I was making fun of an overtly stupid post. Plenty of my content is worthwhile and contains valid statements. But what makes you think this swill of yours is worth that? I was under the impression that if I brought anything intelligible into this topic, it'd have gone way over your head.

But I suppose there is a valid point in your first post: If Schneider didn't have goals scored on him, his stats would be better. You should be AV's replacement! You really know your stuff!
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

#25 janisahockeynut

janisahockeynut

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:03 AM

If the purpose of this thread was to "reassure" those armchair goalie critics, then you're already losing this battle. (aka No need to post this thread) If this is to "reassure" Canucks fans...then this is a pointless thread because actual fans have already written that off as a bad game and easily moved on to believing in their team in the present and future. (aka No need to post this thread)

Although, yes. The method of isolating samples is a very real and legitimate statistical method of evaluation, but the way you presented that idea was absolutely terrible. So the fact that you got such responses is not a surprise. You get a +1 for concept but a -3 for execution. You seem like an intelligent fellow so the math should be obvious.

I've broken it down for you objectively. Do we still have a problem? In the end, whatever the reason, this was a pointless thread where you've put yourself in a lose/lose situation.

Thank you! I have absolutely no problem with what you said. I can accept the -3 for execution. I never was very good at creative writing. Honestly, I come on here because there are some really good ideas put forward, and alot of it by crazy ( in a good way) Canuck fans that have great points of views. Sometimes I agree with them, sometimes not, and sometimes I change my mind because of their arguements. I love it! I suffered a eart attack 3 years ago at 52, and this forum was something that kept me inspired while I recooped. I sometimes now play up to 4 games a week.....but usually 2.....I am also a hockey nut! No better, No Worse.
I have coached hockey from Novice to Midget Rep and I am still learning so much and am now running a team of 55 to 67 year old. I got one guy who has had 2 hip replacements and a knee replacement, and is tryinh to get in for another knee replacement, cause he wants to play one more season. In my 45+ team, was an Assist Captain and ran the team. I was also an enforcement officer for most of my career, and have been a captain on a patrol boat for 20 years.

My point for telling you this is that in my life, I have hated bullies, and jerks. Mainly because I was bullied when I was young. By the time I reached 20, I was a solid 225 and didn't have to take it. Then I come on here and some people are so rude and ignorant, it is unbeleavable. I honestly think once in awhile of just getting out of here because of them. But I love the comments and some of the writers, so I stay and try to be involved.

Last 2 things quickly, I had to take phonics in grade 3, and after that heart attack, I had to work on my thought processes, to rebuild my capabilities for work........as I had fallen back substancially.....a long crawl back, I tell you. So I hope you can understand my wanting and needing these forums.

I want to thank you for the way you presented youself and your points.....some could learn from that...including me, when I fight back! But like my Dad said " never start a fight, just sure you finish them!", I could learn something there maybe! LOL

Anyways, thanks! And although the execution was a -3 the idea was maybe a +2?.....LOL NEVER GIVE UP! Cheers!

#26 janisahockeynut

janisahockeynut

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:20 AM

As Bizarrely funny as this has started to be. The point is that announcers state stats for 2, 5, 10 games all the time, they use it to illistrate improvement or drops in play and such. Many times we have heard Ron McLean or Shorthouse or a plethera of other colormen say, that "his goals against average has been below 2.00 in the second half of the season. It is all the same, use as many games as you want. As my friend say earlier, our goalies (The Canucks) are under 2.00 GAA in the past 5 games....which is exactly what TSN, CBC, Rogers, etc would say......here is a secret....shhh..... they do it in most team sports........but you guys have your fun, maybe I take this too serious, but I am on point on this point!........and .....Hey Joe! I would imagine in your 70 + years you have heard those types of stats thrown out to us a few times? LOL

Joe, please read this and say it isn't so......come on! I remember you telling me you coached hockey......how did you know what goalie to put in, if you didn't keep at least loose stats, and know who was playing better over a 2 week time according to the stats, even if you kept them in your head, you used them. You know announcers use them, so man up and admit!

As for any insults I may have spewed directly or indirectly at you, as a previous poster showed me, I could also do better!
Please accept my apoligy.....but don't pull finger and won't pull yours! I would how ever accept any respectful opinions on how to change a posting that might work better or at the very least debate it,,,,I have no problem doing that,,,,,,,,sorry to hear about your butt though! LOL Peace man! Lets leave the beers empty on the table!

Edited by zcaptain, 01 February 2013 - 12:22 AM.

#27 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:15 AM

Joe, please read this and say it isn't so......come on! I remember you telling me you coached hockey......how did you know what goalie to put in, if you didn't keep at least loose stats, and know who was playing better over a 2 week time according to the stats, even if you kept them in your head, you used them. You know announcers use them, so man up and admit!

As for any insults I may have spewed directly or indirectly at you, as a previous poster showed me, I could also do better!
Please accept my apoligy.....but don't pull finger and won't pull yours! I would how ever accept any respectful opinions on how to change a posting that might work better or at the very least debate it,,,,I have no problem doing that,,,,,,,,sorry to hear about your butt though! LOL Peace man! Lets leave the beers empty on the table!

I stopped reading right here.

Reason: You've got the wrong man.

Edited by Joe_Shmo, 01 February 2013 - 09:15 AM.

Hey CDC! Remember this!?

#28 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,478 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:23 AM

Stats are so irrelevant SOME times. People should watch the games and judge by what they see not stats alone.
Luongo has been great. Shcneider has had a shaky start... he'll turn it around.
Posted Image

Thank you Roberto =(

#29 spentral

spentral

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:06 AM

all i can say to the OP is: if it's and but's were candy and nuts, we would all have a merry christmas

#30 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:16 AM

Yes, because the goaltender needs to do it all on his own and our goalie choked not the whole team. So tired of the Luongo hate on the CDC. We scored 8 goals in a 7 game series versus Boston and that is the goalies' fault? Moronic.

And before you retort with a Luongo-lover comment I'll inform you I don't give a $hit who plays goal as long as the team wins. Feel free to switch allegiance to the team where you live.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.