• Announcements

• StealthNuck

All Threads Must Contain Tags!   07/25/2017

ALL THREADS MUST CONTAIN TAGS   All threads in this forum must contain tags prefixed to topic titles. The purpose of the tags is to eliminate confusion in recent threads lists, and to create an organized and consistent environment. Moderators may immediately lock and thread that does not contain tags.    Tags must be placed at the start of your thread title, following this exact formatting:    [Tag] Thread Title   Here are some of the most used popular tags:    [Proposal]
      A trade, or trades, for next season, or even the off-season.
      [Off-Season]
      FA signings, off-season trades for RFA's, UFA's rights etc...
      [Value Of]
      (A question regarding a players worth, whether from another team, or the Canucks)
      [Speculation] Posting a rumor (with a source of course), but providing why it could be possible for the Canucks to land that player.   [Discussion]
      Thoughts on team trading strategy and composition.   Please feel free to create your own tag if none of these suit your thread.   

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Merci

[proposal]A BOLD move

21 posts in this topic

Luongo

Raymond

Higgins

Gardiner

Frattin

MacArthur

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Booth Kesler Edler

MacArhur Burrows Frattin

Hansen Lapierre Weise/Volpatti

Hamhuis Bieksa

Garrison Tanev

Balard Gardiner

Schneider

Not nearly as bold as this:

Bulls-eye_Bold.jpg

Why not put Edler at centre, we could use more size down the middle. Maybe trade for Chara as well, Could play Centre for Henrik then move Hank back to the point and hopefully he can develope into a late blooming Lidstrom ish D man.

Why not make our line-up look like this:

Sedin - Edler - Bieksa

Ebbett - Kesler - Volpatti

Hamhuis - Schroeder - Frattin

Weise - Malhotra - Lappierre

Booth - Tanev

Garrison - Kassian

MacArthur - Hansen

Sorry but I decline your deal.

Why not make our line-up look like this:

Sedin - Edler - Bieksa

Ebbett - Kesler - Volpatti

Hamhuis - Schroeder - Frattin

Weise - Malhotra - Lappierre

Booth - Tanev

Garrison - Kassian

MacArthur - Hansen

Sorry but I decline your deal.

I have a solution to our goalie controversy, Lu or Schneids can dress as a skater so they both play every game. AV can flip a coin to see who plays goal

OMG...Luongo could be the power foward centre we've been lacking!!!!!

He's 6'3", 217 lbs.

Luongo + Kassian = Unstoppable!

I have a solution to our goalie controversy, Lu or Schneids can dress as a skater so they both play every game. AV can flip a coin to see who plays goal

Well, there certainly are some bolded words in there.

To give some actual criticism on the deal, OP... You really don't want to go around making deals with the sole intention of trying things that have about a snowball's chance in Mordor of working. Your proposal, quite frankly, has a plethora of them.

Disregarding the value in the deal as well as the Leaf's point of view, your entire post is a huge risk to the Nucks' system.

The most noticeable risk being your suggestion of making Edler the second line's RW. The problem here is that he's been a lifetime left-side defenseman, and is the most capable defeseman on the Canucks at the moment. Not only does this move put our already shaky defense core in a through a huge movement, but it also puts our second line's production in jeopardy. I don`t feel Edler can be a competent forward, period.

I don't think I know much about the Leafs, and so I'm not going to say anything about MacArthur/Frattin, but I don't like the idea of leaving Burrows in as a staple on centre. He's played it recently, yes, but we have two players in Lapierre and Malhotra who would be a much better option in the long run due to their faceoff prevalence and experience in the position. Burrows will be much more effective for us playing his natural left side or the right side if necessary, and I would love to have him playing with Kesler when he returns or to take on a lesser role as a bottom 6 player.

You also throw Gardiner, whom I am fairly sure is a left-side defenseman, on our third pairing with Ballard. I don't like this because Tanev and him are finding good chemistry and have arguably been our most consistent pairing thus far in the season.

I really don't think it would work. Hope you appreciate the criticism, however.

I don't want Laffs garbage players

OMG...Luongo could be the power foward centre we've been lacking!!!!!

He's 6'3", 217 lbs.

Luongo + Kassian = Unstoppable!

Oh edler can score a couple goals so he should go forward?

Maybe because hamhuis or Bieska can stop a puck and play defence

they should go in net hmm...

Wouldnt mind seeing

Danny- Hank- Schneider