111 replies to this topic

#31 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:45 AM

Ya gets us too the playoffs and then chokes when it matters. Seen it way to many times to think something else is going to happen. Trade him while he's hot and we can actually get something for him.

If you think Luongo chokes in playoffs would you agree that Lundqvist, Miller, Kipper, are also chokers?
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#32 lowest common denominator

lowest common denominator

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:53 AM

Imagine if there was no lockout and we traded Lu in haste? That wou;d have sucked, big big

#33 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:53 AM

We need a number one goalie!11!eleven All we have are two back-up goalies!

/sarcasm
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#34 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:59 AM

Jeez, there is a hysterical, historical edit. Luongo sucked in the playoffs against LA last year - he had the worst stats of any goalie in the playoffs who played more than one game - Schneider, had the best GAA and save %. Luongo was also middle of the pack during the regular season last year, while Schneider was second or third. But that was last year. This year, after training with Allaire, he is a different goalie and looks great - all of the horrible stuff from last year - slow side to side, beat over the glove, beat through the five hole, bad positioning on the post, has pretty much disappeared this year - along with his traditional slow start. You can't change history just because he is playing well now - just be happy he is playing well now.

Right because 2 or 3 games is totally an indication of how good a goalie is right? lol. Cause that's all Luongo played in the playoffs last year.

By that logic Schneider sucks then cause he has a .897save % and 3.13GAA after 4 games this year.

I love the double standards Lu-haters have to throw in to support their retarded arguments, Luongo sucks cause he had bad stats in 2 playoff games yet Schneider is awesome even though he has bad stats after 4 games. strong logic

#35 frazzY

frazzY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:06 AM

POPULAR

If we trade Lu it will be the biggest mistake in Canucks history

#36 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:07 AM

He's great when he's great, horrible when he horrible.

Edit: team Canada was stacked he had little to do with the gold but let he flung it around like he was the MVP... LOL

right, cause stopping 34 of 36 in the gold medal game is nothing. lol idiot

people like you are the only reason i want Schneider traded, so we can listen to you bitch about it

#37 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:07 AM

If we trade Lu it will be the biggest mistake in Canucks history

Well up there with trading Cam Neely/Hiring of Keenan/Signing Messier, but yes I agree!
Posted Image

#38 jagori78

jagori78

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:09 AM

This happened in Boston two years ago. Tim Thomas lost his starting job to an up and coming Tuuka Rask. The next season, he stole his job back and ended up winning the Stanley Cup.

I'm not sure management ever came out and said that the job belonged to Schneider anyway, I would blame the local media and fans for making that proclamation, anyway. I have no problems with Luongo being the number one for this season, and continue to ride the hot hand.

#39 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:17 AM

I've said it before and will say it again the simple solution to goaltender controversy is to switch em up goal for goal - Want to stay in net don't let pucks in!!! :bigblush:
Posted Image

#40 Teen Icarus

Teen Icarus

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:19 AM

The way I see it, I think that Luongo will be eventually traded unless Schnieder gets impatient and requests a trade. It's shame [well, not really] that Luo is playing so well now and is causing a massive controversy (not to damaging Schnied's confidence).
Spoiler

#41 Display Name

Display Name

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:23 AM

No, Schneider didn't play five games in a row, when he was a backup. Luongo's one of the best in the league. I think you should refrain from your posts.

yes he has
Believe in Schneider.

#42 Sixteen W's

Sixteen W's

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:33 AM

I forgot no one reads threads before they post.

Tl;dr both goalies are good.
Posted Image

#43 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,230 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:38 AM

Luongo has proven himself in the regular season. If he can go an entire playoffs without at least one series where he plays worse than a pee-wee, he can be the starter. This hasn't happened since his first season here.

zWXdYPq.png'

Put Gino in the ROH

#44 frazzY

frazzY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:50 AM

This happened in Boston two years ago. Tim Thomas lost his starting job to an up and coming Tuuka Rask. The next season, he stole his job back and ended up winning the Stanley Cup.

I'm not sure management ever came out and said that the job belonged to Schneider anyway, I would blame the local media and fans for making that proclamation, anyway. I have no problems with Luongo being the number one for this season, and continue to ride the hot hand.

Ding ding ding, i like your style

#45 frazzY

frazzY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:57 AM

Well up there with trading Cam Neely/Hiring of Keenan/Signing Messier, but yes I agree!

I say biggest, Neely was sort of a late bloomer and at the time Barry Peterson was a decent NHLer, at the time it didnt seem bad..

Keenan had a good resume and had previous success with Messier, who also was an NHL great future hall of famer when he showed up. There was a big buzz in this city, but it was executed poorly and nothing lived anywhere close to expectations. At the time though it seemed right.. Potential was there.

If we trade Luongo we are trading away the face of the franchise, best Goalie bar none we've ever had. It would be like NJ trading Brodeur. Montreal has had zero success since they poorly mis treated patrick roy and he demanded a trade. He went on to win 2 more cups and another Conn Smythe.

I bet the habs wish they would have treated him better..

I hope Gillis sees this, i dont think I've ever heard him say hes going to trade Lu, its all the media and "fans" stirring crap up and putting words in mouths. I could be wrong

#46 Law of Goalies

Law of Goalies

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:05 AM

No, Schneider didn't play five games in a row, when he was a backup. Luongo's one of the best in the league. I think you should refrain from your posts.

You are right, he didn't play five games in a row as a backup, he played 6 games in a row as a backup in November

Please research thoroughly before you discredit others

Cloutier is the ONE

QUOTE (canuck73_3)
you came to the wrong board then this has more mood swings than a pregnant woman on meth :P

QUOTE (luongo90 @ May 2 2009, 10:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I WONDER WHAT HIM DO THAT FACE?

QUOTE (Shirokov @ May 2 2009, 10:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I WONDER WHAT IT DO YOU SAYS?

#47 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:08 AM

Let's get real Luongo is not the backup. He has started 5 games already and Schneider has started 4.

Lol. All the Lou lovers praying their bromance is not over but it is.

Folks accept the fact Lou is being traded once the right deal comes, and given his terrific start it wl come.

Most who suggest Schnieds will be the man understand something you people dont, asset management.

Yes Lou has played well but the issue of his trade has nothing to do with the regular season lads, it's everything to do with inconsistency in the playoffs.

Most elite goalies (border, hasek, Roy) were all able to raise their games in the playoffs.

Fact 1: if you look at Lou's save % average over his regular season career it matches up close to those names above.

Fact 2: if you look at his playoff save %, it has only been better than his regular season average save % ONCE in his career as a Canuck, and that was year 1.

Fact 3: in two of the last three playoffs his save % has been below .900 ( ie in the 800's).

Those are the reasons and FACTS behind why he will be moved. His play is only upping his value which helps the team.

Time to accept fact, asset management strategy, and reality. You folks are in a drug induced state of denial.

Edited by BuretoMogilny, 05 February 2013 - 02:09 AM.

#48 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:10 AM

I say biggest, Neely was sort of a late bloomer and at the time Barry Peterson was a decent NHLer, at the time it didnt seem bad..

Keenan had a good resume and had previous success with Messier, who also was an NHL great future hall of famer when he showed up. There was a big buzz in this city, but it was executed poorly and nothing lived anywhere close to expectations. At the time though it seemed right.. Potential was there.

If we trade Luongo we are trading away the face of the franchise, best Goalie bar none we've ever had. It would be like NJ trading Brodeur. Montreal has had zero success since they poorly mis treated patrick roy and he demanded a trade. He went on to win 2 more cups and another Conn Smythe.

I bet the habs wish they would have treated him better..

I hope Gillis sees this, i dont think I've ever heard him say hes going to trade Lu, its all the media and "fans" stirring crap up and putting words in mouths. I could be wrong

He's no Patrick Roy kid, wake up. I also think you need to take your blinders off as well as your ear plugs out bc MG has stated many times he is waiting for the right offer. Wake up man !

Edited by BuretoMogilny, 05 February 2013 - 02:12 AM.

#49 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:13 AM

Luongo has proven himself in the regular season. If he can go an entire playoffs without at least one series where he plays worse than a pee-wee, he can be the starter. This hasn't happened since his first season here.

Yup

#50 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:14 AM

The way I see it, I think that Luongo will be eventually traded unless Schnieder gets impatient and requests a trade. It's shame [well, not really] that Luo is playing so well now and is causing a massive controversy (not to damaging Schnied's confidence).

Only ups his trade value and is getting wins. Win / win for all .

#51 frazzY

frazzY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:15 AM

He's no Patrick Roy kid, wake up. I also think you need to take your blinders off as well as your ear plugs out bc MG has stated many times he is waiting for the right offer. Wake up man !

Ya the right offer, could be for Lu or Schneids..

But ya Schneider IS the next patrick roy. Dont call me kid im probably older than you, he is by far the best goalie we've ever had, do you remember the late 90s? Or were u still in diapers...

Wake up!

U dont know what you've got til its gone

#52 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:06 AM

Folks accept the fact Lou is being traded once the right deal comes, and given his terrific start it wl come.

Most who suggest Schnieds will be the man understand something you people dont, asset management.

Yes Lou has played well but the issue of his trade has nothing to do with the regular season lads, it's everything to do with inconsistency in the playoffs.

Most elite goalies (border, hasek, Roy) were all able to raise their games in the playoffs.

Fact 1: if you look at Lou's save % average over his regular season career it matches up close to those names above.

Fact 2: if you look at his playoff save %, it has only been better than his regular season average save % ONCE in his career as a Canuck, and that was year 1.

Fact 3: in two of the last three playoffs his save % has been below .900 ( ie in the 800's).

Those are the reasons and FACTS behind why he will be moved. His play is only upping his value which helps the team.

Time to accept fact, asset management strategy, and reality. You folks are in a drug induced state of denial.

and people liek you seem to fail to grasp that goaltending is not the problem and Schneider is not going to make any difference if we can't get our offense going in the playoffs.

Schneider 1.33GAA against the Kings, and we lost 2 of 3 games with him. We would have lost in the finals against the Bruins too even if he had kept a 1.33GAA for all 7 games cause we only averaged 1.14GAA

But I guess it's Luongo's job to score goals as well, my mistake

#53 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:33 AM

and people liek you seem to fail to grasp that goaltending is not the problem and Schneider is not going to make any difference if we can't get our offense going in the playoffs.

Schneider 1.33GAA against the Kings, and we lost 2 of 3 games with him. We would have lost in the finals against the Bruins too even if he had kept a 1.33GAA for all 7 games cause we only averaged 1.14GAA

Ya think maybe that's the point there Einstein? Get players in return who can help in depth scoring and add a game breaker prospect for the future?

Do ya think maybe mg knows a bit more about managing than you?

Ya that's right

Edited by BuretoMogilny, 05 February 2013 - 03:36 AM.

#54 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:44 AM

But ya Schneider IS the next patrick roy. Dont call me kid im probably older than you, he is by far the best goalie we've ever had, do you remember the late 90s? Or were u still in diapers...

Wake up!

Wake up!

Or what you have till you let him prove it.

Yes you are a kid bc you have a man crush on a hockey player like a 12 yr old Vs looking at asset mgmt. we have a young stud who can win now and gives us a chance for another 10 years, who is cheaper and stronger mentally and a better goaltender fundamentally. Yet you prefer to keep an older, more expensive asset that will give us a chance for 3 to 4 years. And don't give me we this we have lack bs. People jump on Schnieds ad being unproven but simultaneously suggest lack can take the reigns when he's never played an NHL game- complete lunacy of logic.

Edited by BuretoMogilny, 05 February 2013 - 03:44 AM.

#55 Toni Zamboni

Toni Zamboni

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,622 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:48 AM

believe in bLuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

keep em both, nuff said.

#56 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:10 AM

Ya think maybe that's the point there Einstein? Get players in return who can help in depth scoring and add a game breaker prospect for the future?

Do ya think maybe mg knows a bit more about managing than you?

Ya that's right

if Luongo sucks as much as people like you say he does then how would we get this back in a trade if we trade him? lol you talk about logic maybe try some yourself, Luongo isn't good according to you yet you say we'd be able to get what we're missing if we trade him

We have 2 good goalies who are both #1's on most teams and Luongo has won the starting job back on this team, stop crying about it and get over your mancrush on Schneider. He will get to that elite level eventually but if you think he's there after 72 games played you're on crack

Edited by Primus099, 05 February 2013 - 05:12 AM.

#57 Just Jimmy

Just Jimmy

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:22 AM

<p>

Well stated...trade Lu now while his trade value is high.

Edited by Just Jimmy, 05 February 2013 - 05:26 AM.

#58 Zack_Kassians_Elbow

Zack_Kassians_Elbow

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:25 AM

He's great when he's great, horrible when he horrible.

Edit: team Canada was stacked he had little to do with the gold but let he flung it around like he was the MVP... LOL

RIP

#59 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,357 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:32 AM

We should have a thread dedicated to dredging up all the Luongo hate from the summer. Name and shame some posters.

This!!!

#60 Kumquats

Kumquats

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,398 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:52 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.