374 replies to this topic

#361 Felix Potvin

Felix Potvin

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:23 AM

let`s trade Schneider and be done with this crap he will never be as good as Luongo and his contract will bring us more for return done and done lets win the cup lol

#362 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:25 AM

let`s trade Schneider and be done with this crap he will never be as good as Luongo and his contract will bring us more for return done and done lets win the cup lol

an opinion based on what?

#363 derr12

derr12

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:10 PM

Expert panalists all agree that Schneiders contract would be his main selling feature and would make for an easy move. Luongo's stats this year also are a good starting point to base an opinion.

Im in the trade schneider camp. I was in the trade luongo camp during the lockout because i felt he deserved better than the crap fans/media were giving him. I felt he was the better goalie then and still do now. however, in the new CBA moving lluongo's higher cap hit will limit who would be interested. We will get a better return shipping the Schneiderman.

#364 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,364 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:36 PM

Basically if this team wants to rebuild then you keep Cory, and wait about 5 years. If you want the cup now, you trade Cory and maybe other players and get a legit top 3 Power Forward.

Eh8NO.jpg

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

#365 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:41 PM

Basically if this team wants to rebuild then you keep Cory, and wait about 5 years. If you want the cup now, you trade Cory and maybe other players and get a legit top 3 Power Forward.

And it's pretty obvious what this team should do. Go all in. These are the glory years of the Canucks. We are screwed after the Sedins leave and with the way Kesler plays he probably doesn't have many years at a high level left in him due to injuries. When you are so close you have to go all in. There are so many factors that can change the outlook of a team if they try to far in advance. Win now.

#366 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:14 PM

And it's pretty obvious what this team should do. Go all in. These are the glory years of the Canucks. We are screwed after the Sedins leave and with the way Kesler plays he probably doesn't have many years at a high level left in him due to injuries. When you are so close you have to go all in. There are so many factors that can change the outlook of a team if they try to far in advance. Win now.

Sadly it may be too late. Mg had the chance to move Cory at last years deadline and the year before... when we were just ONE piece away from winning the cup. Yet he chose to stand pat

2cz94w5.jpg

The NHL is a fixed old boys club. I've come to acceptance with that and just watch for entertainment. The 2011 & 2012 Canucks are champs in my books. Go Canucks Go!

#367 ForsbergTheGreat

ForsbergTheGreat

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:14 PM

Which team is willing to give a top 3 power forward? Seriously, Cory's contract maybe be more inciting if there was an actual market for goalies. Does Gillis have to come out and say i'm shopping Cory for teams to consider him an option? He's most likely been getting calls all the time about players availability. Obvisously Cory or Luongo isn't traded yet, maybe that means teams don't want to pay for either of them.

It's ridiculous what people think can be done so easily. The return for either goalie is going to be low. This team needs more than one or two pieces and a bit of luck to make a run at the cup this year. But hey its as simple as trade Cory and we will win a cup this year.. Right? What happens if we don't and get knocked out first round? What then?

Edited by ForsbergTheGreat, 14 March 2013 - 02:16 PM.

#368 ForsbergTheGreat

ForsbergTheGreat

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:19 PM

Sadly it may be too late. Mg had the chance to move Cory at last years deadline and the year before... when we were just ONE piece away from winning the cup. Yet he chose to stand pat

It takes more that just the names on paper to win a cup. Luck has a lot to do with it. If we weren't riddled with injuries in the SCF this could have been different. It's not as simple as if we acquire/acquired this player we will win the cup.

#369 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:19 PM

It takes more that just the names on paper to win a cup. Luck has a lot to do with it. If we weren't riddled with injuries in the SCF this could have been different. It's not as simple as if we acquire/acquired this player we will win the cup.

We were one impact player short in the scf vs the bruins and the kings last year u can make the same argument.

It sure would have helped if we had an extra hand... ill forever blame mg for not doing a trade. In 2011 I understand... but last year was ABSOLUTELY foolish not to move Cory especially when he had such a high value. We could have easily packaged him for Nash.

2cz94w5.jpg

The NHL is a fixed old boys club. I've come to acceptance with that and just watch for entertainment. The 2011 & 2012 Canucks are champs in my books. Go Canucks Go!

#370 CanadianRugby

CanadianRugby

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:52 PM

We were one impact player short in the scf vs the bruins and the kings last year u can make the same argument.

It sure would have helped if we had an extra hand... ill forever blame mg for not doing a trade. In 2011 I understand... but last year was ABSOLUTELY foolish not to move Cory especially when he had such a high value. We could have easily packaged him for Nash.

I'm with you that we should have traded him last year BUT....

You know Nash makes 7.8 million dollars a year till 2019 right? How do you make room for a forward like that? Get rid of Kesler and Raymond? Daniel Sedin and Higgins? Don't say Booth, nobody wants that contract and it's only half of what Nash makes.

And to say we were 1 player away from beating the Kings is a JOKE! They demolished us in every way possible, beat us on the PP, PK, 5 on 5, goaltending and coaching.

Edited by CanadianRugby, 14 March 2013 - 03:57 PM.

#371 ForsbergTheGreat

ForsbergTheGreat

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:34 PM

Other than Nash didn't want to come to Vancouver. He had a NMC, and a list of teams he wanted to go to. Vancouver wasnt' on it.

#372 AnInconvenienceBrah

AnInconvenienceBrah

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:48 PM

Gillis's patients is one of his biggest down falls, he's hold on to the goalies for too long and now it's in a way blowing up in his face.

#373 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,828 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:05 PM

I place blame more on the coaching decision to not pull Luongo in game 3 of the SCF after he got beat with three bad goals early, only to eat 8 goals before the end of the night. Especially considering how Lu historically bounces back the game after being pulled. How could AV not recognize that?

Pulling Lu in game 3 could very well have allowed the Canucks to come back home up 3-1 in the series. And who knows, maybe the team gets their act together in front of the backup and scores a quick one, making it a game and we're up 3-0 in the series with the chance to sweep.

Instead, he pandered to his goalie's ego and allowed his goaltender to dictate the coaching decision..."don't even think about pulling me"...makes one wonder exactly who was doing the coaching for the Canucks in the SCF. That also sends a message to the team.

Failing to pull Luongo in game 3 and keeping him for 8 goals was the turning point of the SCF if you ask me. So the failure here is really not that Schneider wasn't traded but rather that he was not used in the SCF when he really needed to have been used and could have helped the team recollect themselves.

**RETIRED...**

"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

11477626583_2368927097.jpg     49997_b70e6ae14ce1652fa11bd1dda624afd1.g   7649118508_ce3e8a74a1_o.jpg

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” (David Rockefeller)

#374 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,364 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:18 AM

Which team is willing to give a top 3 power forward? Seriously, Cory's contract maybe be more inciting if there was an actual market for goalies. Does Gillis have to come out and say i'm shopping Cory for teams to consider him an option? He's most likely been getting calls all the time about players availability. Obvisously Cory or Luongo isn't traded yet, maybe that means teams don't want to pay for either of them.

It's ridiculous what people think can be done so easily. The return for either goalie is going to be low. This team needs more than one or two pieces and a bit of luck to make a run at the cup this year. But hey its as simple as trade Cory and we will win a cup this year.. Right? What happens if we don't and get knocked out first round? What then?

A team in desperate need of a goalie! Oh I forgot to mention to you, once AV is let go/fired, then this team will win a cup. I guess it's up to you, what you would rather have, rebuild or try and win a cup now, I know I'm sick of waiting I want it now. Sounds like your more interested in waiting, so that sucks for you.

Eh8NO.jpg

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

#375 Ghostdivision

Ghostdivision

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:57 AM

Such a good post, this fan base thinks we can get a ton for cory, many fan bases everywhere else will argue no way.

Fans of other teams claim he is 27 still has not played a full season and is a 4 million dollar cap hit, they would not trade much for him until he has a full season under his belt otherwise hes to big of a risk and cannot be sold as a number 1 starter when he has not played a full season yet. I am not saying fans are an exact indication, but his value to other teams fans is more reliable then cdc and canucks fans who overvalue all our players on the open market.

Not to mention as tsn said tonight the goalie market is almost non existent. Is any gm going to give much for a goalie at the deadline (buyers at the deadline are teams trying to make playoffs or make a playoff run) when cory has hardly played any playoff games?

Edited by Ghostdivision, 15 March 2013 - 04:04 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.