The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

With Luongo, i thought it was not about the regular season

Ashmon

I'm sure most would agree that Luongo is playing some good hockey now. This is not surprising since he has consistently played well in the regular season since he joined the Canucks. He might of had slow starts (except for this year) but eventually got out of the funk and started playing well. Having said that, he has also had a history of playing horrible in the playoffs the past few seasons. I thought this was the reason Gillis decided it was time to move Luongo. So I'm really not sure where Gillis is going with this. Schneider might of had a couple of bad games but he is still playing 500 hockey (2-2) and had 1 shutout. He should be able to get us into the playoffs especially when Kesler/Booth get back in the lineup. Perhaps Gillis has just not got the offer he's looking for yet but that is no reason to sit out Schneider for so long. He is supposed to be our #1 goalie.

Couldn't agree more.. It seems as tho everyone had forgot why we are getting rid of Lou and keeping Cory.. He falters in the playoffs every year, at some point, an it costs us.. Of course he will play well in the reg season but he can't get it done in the playoffs.. Time to trade Lou and I've Cory the starts... If mg can't get this done, then I'm gonna start questions his ability as a gm

Look at this if you like stats.

Lou's last six games in the playoffs by year.

2007-08 - Last 6 games: 4.59 GAA, 0.837 Sv%

2008-09 - Last 6 games: 3.31 GAA, 0.879 Sv%

2009-10 - Last 6 games: 3.52 GAA, 0.897 Sv%

2010-11 - Last 6 games: 4.12 GAA, 0.864 Sv%

Debunked? Myth? No and no.

I'm sure most would agree that Luongo is playing some good hockey now. This is not surprising since he has consistently played well in the regular season since he joined the Canucks. He might of had slow starts (except for this year) but eventually got out of the funk and started playing well. Having said that, he has also had a history of playing horrible in the playoffs the past few seasons. I thought this was the reason Gillis decided it was time to move Luongo. So I'm really not sure where Gillis is going with this. Schneider might of had a couple of bad games but he is still playing 500 hockey (2-2) and had 1 shutout. He should be able to get us into the playoffs especially when Kesler/Booth get back in the lineup. Perhaps Gillis has just not got the offer he's looking for yet but that is no reason to sit out Schneider for so long. He is supposed to be our #1 goalie.

or simply the fact that AV overplayed our goalie to the point that he ain't able to perform at his absolute best?? Goalie probably have the most wear and tear throughout the season and on top of that we have the worse possible travelling schedule of any team in any sports. Luongo is not the reason we lost, he was only part of it.

as for nino's stats.. i don't even know where he's pulling number out of his ass from.. we didn't even make the playoff in 07-08 lol.. so far we made the playoff 5 times with luongo. and last year he played 2 games and so if he's referring to 06-07 - Last 6 games: 4.59 GAA, 0.837 Sv% then his first 4 games must be non human.. coz his GAA in 06-07 is 1.77 and it's not possible to achieve that number in 12 games played if his last 6 games is as you said 4.59... unless he have a negative goals against average lol... so i have no clue what you are talking about.

horrible?

he was the goalie we had 2 years ago who got to the stanley cup final game 7. He had 2 shutouts in the game final series and our team was once tied with Boston dispite being outscore like 4-12 or something like that.

and all the sudden Luongo is horrible in playoff and Schneider, a goalie who played a grant total of eight playoff game, is proven and will carry us into the playoff...

jesus christ who let these people register on Cdc?

you are picking the game where the canucks exit the playoff as "evidence" on how bad Luongo is. But you never look at how Luongo perform when the team wins.

This is call Cherry picking data. Somehow, you think those games the team won weren't important and are easy games, so the performance in those games are useless.

care to explain, face to face, how the hell did the team get to game 7 in the SCF series after being outscore ... let me calculate for you, 8:23

in case if you manage to overlook this again, i will make the numbers bigger for you.

8 to 23

the canucks had managed to get to game 7, and tied the series TWICE, despite being outscored THREE TIMES.

Please, tell me how did the team get to game 7 without Luongo?

Archived