62 replies to this topic

#31 Kryten

Kryten

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:31 PM

Bieksa would look ridiculous with a Cheech duster.
Posted Image

#32 zejono

zejono

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:36 PM

Still prefer TSN over Sportsnet any day.

Ya I really hate Roger$. I think they were first ones to put those ads on the glass behind the goalie. So greedy. Plus TSN seems to take a lot less commercial breaks.

#33 RockNroLLa.

RockNroLLa.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:54 PM

John n John

#34 wendythirteenthrashers

wendythirteenthrashers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:57 PM

I'm happy about it... I like shorty and garretts commentary... Lots of comedy gold.... Don Taylor and the alien Gary Valks banter rules ...

At least we don't have to listen to eastern conference homers and Canuck haters chime in with their negative Nellie bollocks.... So yeah yay!!

#35 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:04 PM

I hope they included all Saturday night games and playoff games in this new deal so we don't have to watch CBC's garbage coverage ... Obviously that's extremely unlikely, but I can dream, can't I?

#36 HeatSikhing

HeatSikhing

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:04 PM

I wonder if Sportsnet will cancel the remaining years left on their deal with the Flames after last night awful zero entertainment abortion of a NHL game.

Edited by HeatSikhing, 12 February 2013 - 02:04 PM.

#37 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

Ya I really hate Roger$. I think they were first ones to put those ads on the glass behind the goalie. So greedy. Plus TSN seems to take a lot less commercial breaks.

TSN is great. My only complaint is the intermission shows, but even then, they're still far better than CBC and Sportsnet in that area, which goes to show how bad watching the Crypt Keeper and the Talking Heads are :lol:

#38 *vInTaGe*

*vInTaGe*

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,408 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:06 PM

I hope they change their lame intro song. It's one of the only things holding me back from loving the whole presentation SN puts on. Love John and John and the "Garry, you dropped your ____" line.

Posted Image

#39 Opmac

Opmac

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,524 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:18 PM

If the Canucks did not re-sign with Sportsnet, who else could they have sold their broadcast rights to? Nobody. No surprise here.

Posted Image

#40 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,492 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:26 PM

Do you think you will be here in 10 years.

Lou: "At this rate ... probably, chuckle chuckle".
There are things known and unknown ... and in between are the doors.

#41 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,276 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:31 PM

10 more years of knowing the Safeway participating product... and whether John Garrett likes eating it or not.
Posted Image

#42 canuckrelevantname

canuckrelevantname

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:34 PM

While I love Sportsnet for John and John, their production value leaves much to be desired. This becomes glaringly apparent when we're subjected to the intermission dribble courtesy of our favourite newspaper personalities.

TSN does a far better job at this. Their SportsCentre ESPN-rip is well done. Too bad they don't carry more of our games.

I love the institution that is the CBC. I love the concept of HNIC, but they're never particularly good for us Canucks fans. Don Cherry is senile and they don't value BC viewership (from a business perspective, I don't blame them. They need to maximize viewership or the Feds might slash their budget even more drastically).

I no longer live in Vancouver. As a Canuck-obsessed Montrealer without cable I'm pretty grateful for the free, high quality streaming that CBC provides. TSN should honestly provide this as well. They have the necessary infrastructure as they did this for the olympic games.

Even with Centre-Ice, TSN and CBC games are blacked out.

So, in closing: love the local, homer Sportsnet broadcasts, but I hope that Rogers pours more money into the production value. The corporation is loaded. As someone mentioned they actually have increased their quantity of sports offerings, but it's time their broadcast quality followed suite.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#43 Brendan Gaunce

Brendan Gaunce

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

On topic, but did Jim Hughson used to work/ be on Sportsnet a few years back and used to always follow the Canucks? I was younger back then and don't remember :P. Love Sportsnet, definitely the best at broadcasting the Canucks imo, they actually talk about the game and the two teams playing unlike CBC whereas they talk about it for 2 minutes and ramble on to Toronto etc . .

Posted Image

#44 Jester13

Jester13

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:06 PM

While I love Sportsnet for John and John, their production value leaves much to be desired. This becomes glaringly apparent when we're subjected to the intermission dribble courtesy of our favourite newspaper personalities.

TSN does a far better job at this. Their SportsCentre ESPN-rip is well done. Too bad they don't carry more of our games.

I love the institution that is the CBC. I love the concept of HNIC, but they're never particularly good for us Canucks fans. Don Cherry is senile and they don't value BC viewership (from a business perspective, I don't blame them. They need to maximize viewership or the Feds might slash their budget even more drastically).

I no longer live in Vancouver. As a Canuck-obsessed Montrealer without cable I'm pretty grateful for the free, high quality streaming that CBC provides. TSN should honestly provide this as well. They have the necessary infrastructure as they did this for the olympic games.

Even with Centre-Ice, TSN and CBC games are blacked out.

So, in closing: love the local, homer Sportsnet broadcasts, but I hope that Rogers pours more money into the production value. The corporation is loaded. As someone mentioned they actually have increased their quantity of sports offerings, but it's time their broadcast quality followed suite.

You sound like me ie. Used to live in the lower mainland and am now a Canuck obsessed Montrealer w/o cable! Creepy.

I must be having an acid trip or something b/c I for one cannot stand TSN's coverage! For me it goes SN-CBC-TSN. CBC would get my #1 spot still were it not for the horrendous panel they produce with Weakes, Stock, et al. Uggh. However, I take what I can get online but when SN comes up I'm smitten. Love John & John. They say some ridiculous things sometimes, but it always makes me laugh. SN in general just makes me feel at home. I miss Taylor too. Go Nucks!

"Education is the inoculator for ignorance."

#45 Captain Aerosex

Captain Aerosex

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,984 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

Shorty doesn't have the greatest voice, but he provides quality commentary. Garrett's a homer but hilarious. I've learned so much about Kraft Dinner. TSN has a great panel and set-up, but they just focus so much on drama & Toronto. I only care about CBC for Jim Hughson.

Such a funny interview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoxobaYtjSM

LOL @ Schneids, Lu, and Juice. Also Henrik..."Whatever you guys are drinking" :lol:
Posted Image

#46 stuffradio

stuffradio

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:36 PM

I really hope Sportsnet gives us the free online streams like CBC does. I always cheer for CBC games because of that.

#47 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

Now Cheech can get more chicken wings.

Posted Image

Henrik breaking records.Kes approving.

#48 HeatSikhing

HeatSikhing

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:43 PM

If the Canucks did not re-sign with Sportsnet, who else could they have sold their broadcast rights to? Nobody. No surprise here.

TSN? The Hab, Jets and I think the Leafs have regional deals with TSN

Edited by HeatSikhing, 12 February 2013 - 03:43 PM.

#49 ChenWei91

ChenWei91

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,400 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

This.

Sportsnet is trash, next to CBC. CBC is the trashiest of them all.

(>'-')>Posted Image<('-'<)

#50 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,153 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

Overall I like TSN better but I like John & John and I like the intermissions at home where they get local reporters talking Canucks. I don't like when they go back to some toronto studio and have guys that aren't around the team trying to take wild guesses at what is happening with the team. Not to mention TSN will get so obsessed with some other incident that happened in some other game and won't hardly talk about the Canucks at all. James Duthie straddles the line between host and circus clown at times.

CBC has some strong and some weak points. Hotstove is the best intermission show in hockey. If only they could get rid of PJ Stock.

#51 Opmac

Opmac

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,524 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

That would require TSN to launch a new channel, get carriers to carry it, and get licensing from the CRTC. The Sportsnet Pacific channel is dedicated to the Canucks, they lead off with the Canucks on Connected, etc. Not a contender for the rights at all.

Posted Image

#52 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:51 PM

IIIIIII'''MMMMMMMM joey kenWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRDDDDDD
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#53 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,333 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:08 PM

As far as the visual and audio quality it is:

TSN>Sportsnet>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CBC

Subbancopy.jpg

#54 canucksnhl

canucksnhl

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:45 PM

I don't care where I'm watching the game from, even if it's from an American feed, as long as the Canucks win!

But if I had to choose one, it would be Sportsnet. TSN tries too hard, although still entertaining. This is a great move for Canucks fans.

Edited by canucksnhl, 19 February 2013 - 08:51 PM.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#55 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

Noo! Sportsnet is so bad compared to TSN and CBC
Posted Image

#56 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,283 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:54 PM

I love Sportsnet. Shorty's the second best Play-by-Play man, next to Hughson IMO. Garrett is a bit homer-ish but he's funny sometimes. You can always count on him for a cheesy quote on the "participating product".

I like TSN's analysis best, but Sportsnet's is decent too.

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#57 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:01 PM

Did u know, garret was the starting goalie at the 83 all star game and won?

Posted Image

#58 hockeyking

hockeyking

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:04 PM

If TSN aired more games and had a HD channel, it would certainly be the best, But it has neither. They did do the olympics though, so i give them that.

They do have an HD channel

#59 CanuckianOne

CanuckianOne

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

You all still love TSN now? <_<

g3HKFnX.png

#60 wendythirteenthrashers

wendythirteenthrashers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:13 PM

You all still love TSN now? <_<

Exactly....now a timeout and possible overtime if Tampa scores.... Then what!! Yay SPORTSNET !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.