Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Drinking and driving.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
40 replies to this topic

#31 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,208 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:01 PM

Ahh, That makes sense.

Don't know why but I always thought you grew up in Winnipeg.

Good on you Lanch. As much as we here the new generation blah blah blah, the fact is the newer generation is always more aware and mindful of social issues than the previous.

i grew up in Prince Albert, until i turned 14, at which point I moved to seattle, and then went to university at SFU. I have lots of family in the peg though.

#32 PowerIce

PowerIce

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,413 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:12 PM

If I drive to a bar I'll usually leave my car parked overnight & cab home. Only reason I don't cab to bars is because it's so costly, unless it's a club.

I did it once though, in a camp ground in Jasper. We were like the only ones there & there was 450 camping spots. There had been a grizzly bear roaming around nightly they were saying, so I thought it would be a great idea to try and find it.... the things you do drunk, eh?

2013 CDC Poker, it's coming soon to a forum near you!

Posted Image

#33 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:17 PM

If I drive to a bar I'll usually leave my car parked overnight & cab home. Only reason I don't cab to bars is because it's so costly, unless it's a club.

I did it once though, in a camp ground in Jasper. We were like the only ones there & there was 450 camping spots. There had been a grizzly bear roaming around nightly they were saying, so I thought it would be a great idea to try and find it.... the things you do drunk, eh?

"I'll *hic* be the hero! The girl in the next campground won't *hic* be able to resist me once I vanquish this *hic* teddy bear!".

/=S=/

#34 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,360 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:25 PM

I live in Lake Cowichan which is a small community on Vancouver Island. Instead of driving I ride my bike. What's the worst that can happen when your drunk. I''l tell you. Once I hit a tree lol
Posted Image

#35 PowerIce

PowerIce

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,413 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:54 PM

"I'll *hic* be the hero! The girl in the next campground won't *hic* be able to resist me once I vanquish this *hic* teddy bear!".

Not gonna lie here, not sure what hic means. And can't be bothered to google it so do tell.

Posted Image

#36 Argon

Argon

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

I live in Lake Cowichan which is a small community on Vancouver Island. Instead of driving I ride my bike. What's the worst that can happen when your drunk. I''l tell you. Once I hit a tree lol

heard an awesome storey once from a coworker. When he was a teenager, he becamethe legal age in quebec, but lived in onterio. Decided to bike to quebec, get drunk, and then eventually bike home. Well, he did the first two things fine. But when he eventually woke up he had no idea how he got home, his clothes were ripped, he was covered in dried blood, and his bike was beyond repair. Never biked after drinking again haha
Posted Image

Yo Yo you cant see me anyway what i dont need to writing skills to act cool i got froobacks and steel chains to act cool i lead the new school. Iam untochable this wont be a fight ill walk away with your mic and make you suck your own tailpipe

#37 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:19 AM

Not gonna lie here, not sure what hic means. And can't be bothered to google it so do tell.

Pretty sure its the hiccups.

I'm ashamed to say that I've done it a few times and driven with people who I knew were drunk. Haven't in 10 years or so though. Feel extremely lucky to have not killed a little kid.
Posted Image

#38 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,208 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:06 AM

I'm ashamed to say that I've done it a few times and driven with people who I knew were drunk. Haven't in 10 years or so though. Feel extremely lucky to have not killed a little kid.

honestly, i've never been so drunk that I didn't remember what i did, i've never seen the point... i guess i don't drink fast enough? but even doing shots, it's never happened, though i tend to stop the shots after about 3-4.

#39 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:09 PM

honestly, i've never been so drunk that I didn't remember what i did, i've never seen the point... i guess i don't drink fast enough? but even doing shots, it's never happened, though i tend to stop the shots after about 3-4.

Getting blackout drunk was never anything that I personally tried to do. It used to just sneak up on me and by then it was too late. Thankfully those days are long gone.
Posted Image

#40 PowerIce

PowerIce

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,413 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

I thought so at first but didn't think so, makes more sense though.

I was driving down my street yesterday & there's tons of kids who play hockey. I had my shades on because it was sunny that day, I honestly did not see them at all. I didn't hit them, they moved over & everything but after I past I was like wow..... I'm a good driver too, accident-free 5 years, no tickets.

Posted Image

#41 gmen81

gmen81

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,532 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:26 AM

I do it at least once a month. So really not that often. Haven't been caught or hurt anyone either. Booya!!
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.