The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Stars @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Army recap: http://canucksarmy.c...n-february-16th

It's ironic really, because the Canucks were the superior club througout on Friday and arguably put together their best sixty-minutes of hockey this season. Heading into Frirday night's game the Canucks had relied on goaltending so airtight it was downright indecent, and they were due some unfortunate breaks in their own end of the rink. Luck evens out eventually, and it caught up to the Canucks and Cory Schneider in a big way against the Stars. Read on past the jump for more.

- Let's begin our recap with the scoring chance data. The Canucks handily controlled the quality chance battle in this one, recording 17 scoring chances overall to Dallas' 13. At evens, Vancouver's advantage was even more decisive as the Canucks tested the Stars with 15 scoring chances while only allowing 8 against. Sometimes a quality hockey club will lose a game that they dominated and deserved. That's what happened tonight.

Aside from Schneider just not looking the same with a 'starter' spotlight on him, Schroeder has been very good. Kassian and Kesler actually looked really good together. Kassian did not look good defensively, Kesler looked way better than he did coming off injury last season, but I guess it's only been one game so we'll see. Scroeder has been huge though, especially after seriously looking like a bust in the AHL. To come up when he has a chance and play this well? Very good thing for the guy.

I had a beer league game and missed the third, after looking at the results, im kinda glad.

Guess Schnieder wasn't so hot, I was expecting better, but still am confident he is a world class goalie and will prove it this year.

Aaron Rome, boss.

Raymond was rooooooooooobbbbeeeeeeedddd. Way to blow his point streak refs.

Congrats Weise on his 1st point, great game, great fight and big hit, BS penalty

Henrik ******** Sedin, what a badass, that, ladies and gentlemen, is how you break a record with style. Such a duurty pass.

Higgins looks much improved from his rough start, still looking forward to Booths return

Lappiere is a terrible fighter, terrible. Looks like he could shed a couple pounds, looks a bit bulky and awkward. Still solid though.

Need to rebound from this and smash the Blues sunday.

Aside from Schneider just not looking the same with a 'starter' spotlight on him, Schroeder has been very good. Kassian and Kesler actually looked really good together. Kassian did not look good defensively, Kesler looked way better than he did coming off injury last season, but I guess it's only been one game so we'll see. Scroeder has been huge though, especially after seriously looking like a bust in the AHL. To come up when he has a chance and play this well? Very good thing for the guy.

I saw an interview once between Michael Landsberg and some UFC fighter (Sonnen?) This fighter, whoever he was, acted like a complete douchebag in what was supposed to be a serious interview.

I know it's one fighter and he doesn't represent the sport, but it just looks like a ring where two guys hump each other while being surrounded by endless advertising for clothing and booze. I do not understand why people find it entertaining. I know there is advertising in hockey also, but I grew up actually playing the game, I could never see myself 'playing' UFC with my friends. I guess I see UFC as more of sports entertainment than an actual sport.

I don't get where all the "Kassian is a great skater" stuff came from. Since day one he has always looked kinda awkward, especially at stand still and slower speeds. He loses short races, doesn't seem to have that "jump" to get into scoring positions.

One of my favorite players, just sayin, something I think he needs to work on.

Archived