The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Computer Sound Problems

c00kies

So I recently got a new (not totally new I guess lol) computer. However I noticed that there was no sound coming from it when I was watching a stream of the last Canucks game (also verified that it wasn't just the feed).

The sound card driver is Realtek AC97 audio. I don't know a lot about sound cards and the drivers, but I attempted to update the driver (I heard being outdated causes it to not work) and it said that it was already up to date.

I don't know what else to do. I have also double checked that nothing was muted and that the sliders were all at an adequate place.

What are you using for playback? Speakers, headset/headphones? Have you tried using both?

I'd recommend downloading the latest driver for your OS from Realtek directly. Then uninstall the current driver completely and install the driver fresh.

Use Driver Fusion to make sure you wipe out the current driver completely (http://www.treexy.co...s/driver-fusion).

What are you using for playback? Speakers, headset/headphones? Have you tried using both?

I'd recommend downloading the latest driver for your OS from Realtek directly. Then uninstall the current driver completely and install the driver fresh.

Use Driver Fusion to make sure you wipe out the current driver completely (http://www.treexy.co...s/driver-fusion).

I think I found out the problem :)

The line out port works (used headphones and got sound), but I don't have working speakers to plug in there. I have no idea if I can set it up to produce sound without separate speakers and just play off the computer.

When I go to download it, I get a message saying that it didn't pass the Windows logo test, which is what happened when I tried it before.

If you know the manufacturer of the motherboard you can go directly to their site and grab drivers as well. They might not be the latest, but you know they should work.

Archived