Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Jannik Hansen Gets A 1 Game Suspension

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
460 replies to this topic

#451 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:10 PM

The thing is though a 4th liner probably wouldn't stay down.. the NHL is starting to condition players to react like soccer players (they didn't always flop like they do now) because it gets results, heck the discipline committee admitted the injury played a factor in the suspension - that's an awful slippery slope to start down.

Debate aside of if Hansen had the ability to hulk him out with an immense force from his fore-arm or if Hossa just is adverse to contact, watching the replay you can see after contact he drops himself (watch the legs) so I'm inclined to think he was playing it up and then the trainers/"concussion room" parties get involved and it's taken out of his hands. I think this is backed up by the fact he isn't expected to miss anytime but was apparently hit hard enough to warrant two minutes on the ice. Not to say he wasn't wronged - as any shot to the head should be punished, but by altering calls based on how much damage an act did to a particular person and not the act is just wrong.

If that crap happened to Zenon Konopka you can be sure he'd snap back up and be on the warpath.

Man our feud with Chicago has to be one of the best in pro sports and it just keeps getting more baggage added, got to love it.

This is why I don't mind Kesler diving and embellishing all over the ice. I love it when he makes fool of those refs who can't even get an offside rule right. There is no integrity in this game so I don't mind having players like Kesler on our team to even the playing field. I'd say if you can't beat them, join em.

Posted Image

#452 thema

thema

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:25 PM

Maybe he was just bored of the game and wanted to go have a nap in the locker room..

Of course, after all he has more than enough hat tricks on his resume and a gigantic 2 goal lead was surely enough to finish off the lowly Canucks. We all know how lazy he is, too.

#453 thema

thema

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:29 PM

This is why I don't mind Kesler diving and embellishing all over the ice. I love it when he makes fool of those refs who can't even get an offside rule right. There is no integrity in this game so I don't mind having players like Kesler on our team to even the playing field. I'd say if you can't beat them, join em.

I think Kesler has the right idea; EVERY Canuck should do their very best to embarrass the refs in every game because we all know how corrupt the NHL is. Then when we get into the playoffs have the GM ask for a "level playing field" (make sure it's after three straight losses) and dive and embellish even more; even if you get the odd diving penalty you will surely draw far more PP's since the refs are soooooo dumb. With our potent PP we will surely get a Cup handed to us by these idiot refs, no?

#454 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,149 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:10 PM

Nice one,Thema.

Honey Badger was and does play the game.

The ruling was not consistent with whom and what is the Honey Badger style and intent but it was one game at the quarter pole.

I was like -who cares? This was not the Aaron Rome decision in the SCF's.

#455 kurtis

kurtis

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,544 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:04 AM

Too many homers... Hit to the head is a hit to the head... Even if it wasn't on purpose...
Posted Image

#456 babych

babych

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:10 AM

I think Kesler has the right idea; EVERY Canuck should do their very best to embarrass the refs in every game because we all know how corrupt the NHL is. Then when we get into the playoffs have the GM ask for a "level playing field" (make sure it's after three straight losses) and dive and embellish even more; even if you get the odd diving penalty you will surely draw far more PP's since the refs are soooooo dumb. With our potent PP we will surely get a Cup handed to us by these idiot refs, no?

Wow, I couldn't disagree more with you two. I love Kesler but it only hurts the team when he dives, and it's embarrassing as well. Refs have long memories and, when you make them look foolish as some Canuck players have done in the past, it tends to come back and bite the team in the butt.

Also, please stop with the "NHL is corrupt" and "there's a conspiracy against the Canucks" stuff. It reflects poorly on the rest of us.

That is all.

#457 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:14 AM

Wow, I couldn't disagree more with you two. I love Kesler but it only hurts the team when he dives, and it's embarrassing as well. Refs have long memories and, when you make them look foolish as some Canuck players have done in the past, it tends to come back and bite the team in the butt.

Also, please stop with the "NHL is corrupt" and "there's a conspiracy against the Canucks" stuff. It reflects poorly on the rest of us.

That is all.

I may be wrong but I am pretty sure themas post is dripping with sarcasm. :rolleyes:
Posted Image

#458 babych

babych

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:51 AM

I may be wrong but I am pretty sure themas post is dripping with sarcasm. :rolleyes:

Wow I think you're right. Sorry thema, my sarcasm detector seems to be broken.

My bad.

#459 Raspberries

Raspberries

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,749 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:07 PM

and Pacioretty gets nothing. If there was ever any doubt, the league is officially a joke.

#460 Kassian's Face

Kassian's Face

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

How about that nice Kassian call. Apparantley shooting the puck at the goal tender is interference now.

#461 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:20 PM

I know this is old news now, but I can't help but re bump it, after hearing what Benn received for cross checking Jones the other night. Jamie Benn has been fined $10,000 for his cross check to the back of Jones, and the reason Benn is only fined and not suspended is because, according to Shanahan he is a first time offender. You see where my anger is? Saying he is a first time offender, so he only gets fined not suspended, well Jannik Hansen was a first time offender and compairing the 2 videos yes one has contact to the head, but at least it was part of a hockey play trying to grab a puck. Benn and Jones had nothing to do with a hockey play, it was all Benn coming from behind to intentionally hurt Jones from behind and it was a pretty vicious cross check to Jones back.

Here are the videos and you can compare, no way Hansen deserved 1 game especially being a first time offender, Benn deserved to be suspended, because his intent was to injure.

Eh8NO.jpg

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.