180 replies to this topic

#31 SergioMomesso

SergioMomesso

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:34 PM

Stand pat and watch MG sign and trade for more plugs from Florida. That's been working out well for us.
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:5584]

#32 Sedinry

Sedinry

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:38 PM

Oh sure, blame auto-correct. It was still the best typo I've seen in a while. There was no way I could leave that one alone. :lol:

Haha yeah I guess so, Esp with us having good ol' Wellwood on our team LOL!!

#33 Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:40 PM

Stand pat and watch MG sign and trade for more plugs from Florida. That's been working out well for us.

Luongo, Raymond and a First Round Pick for Parros' mustache and a $20 ticket to the Panters/Bruins game.
Posted Image
[Why 2.0? Because after 9 years, I lost my password and email... huzzah]

#34 406281dylan

406281dylan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:40 PM

I disagree actually, first of all I think u can never have enough depth, second of all schroeder is not a great 3rd line center he is more suited for a top 2 line position, if u watch games where the canucks play bigger teams u should see how ineffective he could be. third of all Lapierre should be are 3rd liner, because i would really like to watch him get a chance to take his career to the next level. plus he did have 2 points in 4 games on the third line. I think if u want to do something u should want to move schroeder to the wing on the second line and have a big center on ur third (lappy). Why do u think we went so far in the playoffs in 2011. The answer is we had a very effective bottom 6 which was able to keep the smaller guys energized.
The lines should look like this
Sedins-Burrows
Booth-Kesler-Schroeder
Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen
Kassian-Raymond-Weise

#35 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:41 PM

Hammer/Eddy/Garry/Bally/Tanev/Juice.

You are s)*(^ out of luck, we already have a good d-corps. They just have to execute cleanly, and keep it simple.

Unless of course you want something like Drew Doughty's -11.

I'd rather have Doughty's cup ring than a "good d-corps"...

Posted Image

#36 sonoman

sonoman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:41 PM

I 100% agree- we are not elite. Garrison is a joke, Kesler shows why he has to play on a line alone. Booth is not the answer.
Go all in, use our cap space, use a prospect/pick get a guy that takes us to the next level.
I'd even throw in Kassian if it brings us a big game breaker.

Sure glad you're not the GM. Throw in Kassian? this guy is going to be the next great power forward with some more game experience. Have some patience, it's not like the Canucks are on a big slide.

#37 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:42 PM

Schneider, Bieksa/Garrison/Edler, Booth to WSH for Ovechkin, Alzner or Carlson, pick/prospect?

Edited by cmpunk, 19 February 2013 - 10:44 PM.

Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#38 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,347 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:48 PM

I second that. Get us a game changer. Not another David Booth. Evander Kane would look great here. But no way in hell Lou waives his NTC for peg. So a three way deal would have to get it done.

To Van- Kane
To Florida- Luongo Raymond and a first then
To Winnipeg- Raymond and Weiss

Dude. You're proposing two pending free agents for the potential face of the Jets franchise in Kane. That's laughable putting it nicely

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#39 cdubuya

cdubuya

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:55 PM

Im starting to seriously worry that we will get anything of substance for Cory or Lu. Look at guys like Viktor Fasth who have busted onto the scene as un undrafted free agent. People mocked Burke during the summer saying he was happy with Reimer and Scrivens, and he turned out to prove most of you wrong. With so many other options teams could go for I feel are time is running short to get something done. Once summer comes and the cap drops we lose more bargaining power. I think the deadline is when a deal has to get done. And the more I think about it the more I see a veteran coming back as opposed to a young prospect.
Posted Image

#40 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,943 posts

Seriously, we have what ~3.5M in Cap space, we have 2 Goalies that are spectacular and either of them can be moved to free up a huge amount of Cap space and we have too many players that makes the team disjointed.

What I mean is that we have a first line that is solid, we have too many players competing for the 2nd line and AV puts the wrong players on lines. We have Higgins, Raymond, Booth, Kassian who could all be on the 2nd line and then we have a great 3rd C in Schroeder and a great winger in Hansen, Raymond has been stellar on that line, so no reason to blow that up.

Are we happy with the AMEX Line being our 2nd line? I don't think so. Instead trade one of them along with one of our goalies and get someone of SUBSTANCE.

Look at what the past Cup winners have done, made huge acquisitions before going onto win the cup even though on paper they already had an amazing team. Case in point? LA Kings acquiring Jeff Carter.

Moreover, by not having a solid 2nd line it leads to our 4th line being weak as a skilled player who isn't tough is on a line that is meant to be rough and tough. Our 4th line should be Weise - Lappy - Volpatti.

There's no point making a trade for the sake of making a trade. If the right deal is out there that will improve the team without crippling our depth or futures, you can bet Gillis is considering it and would pull the trigger.

If we're going to get fleeced, we're not going to make a deal.
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

#41 hockeyfan90

hockeyfan90

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Versteeg would be a good 2nd liner if a trade involving Luongo were to happen with Florida

#42 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,756 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

Been working out better for the Canucks than it has for Florida...

regards,
G.
Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#43 lowest common denominator

lowest common denominator

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:58 PM

Ou`r best 1bet to win it all involves both cory and Lu *hic*

cheers

#44 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:59 PM

I'd rather have Doughty's cup ring than a "good d-corps"...

I just barfed a bit in my mouth.

The Kings got by on sublime team defence.

If you really think that Doughty is worth it all, you are delusional.

Probably the most overrated d-man in the NHL at the moment.

Yep. Ill take what we have over the Kings any frigging day, except, i sorta wish we had a less injury prone Mitch on our side.

Posted Image

Henrik breaking records.Kes approving.

#45 sakage.shinga

sakage.shinga

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:01 PM

Who says MG is the one that is waiting?

If there's nobody out there with a serious offer, he can't beat it out of them.

You want him to trade for somebody that has food?

Get 'er done, MG!!!
Posted Image

#46 sakage.shinga

sakage.shinga

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:01 PM

dp

Edited by sakage.shinga, 19 February 2013 - 11:02 PM.

Posted Image

#47 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:03 PM

MG is waiting for a pitch so that he can hit a home run.....too bad he is about to get storke out if he continues to wait and being "patient"......

How about some more baseball talk...
they are going to intentionally walk him and then force a 6-4-3 double play

sorry just really wanted to say 6-4-3 double play

#48 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,508 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:03 PM

[/size]

Doesnt even matter what we think.

MG is happy with the roster, IMO, i am too.

It is up to the players to play to their strengths within the the team concept.

And MG is playing it cool. What he feels is a good deal, will be just that, a good deal.

Now that the ideal roster are assembled, it could take a few more games to tweak the lines to play the style they want to play.

Tweak?!! DId you watch that debacle tonight?!! Two fortunate goals in the last 5 minutes in a game where they gave up 27 scoring chances! TWENTY-_SEVEN!!!!! John Garret said he had never seen anthing close to that in all his years playing and commentating.

This team was EXPOSED for what it is. A decent team that is playing sub par hockey but succeeding on the backs of 2 extermely talented goalies.

TWEAKING is not going to get it done unless they "tweak" the coach.

#49 billabong

billabong

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,965 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:12 PM

Honestly, I love this team to death but we are not solid enough to go all the way...it's sad but true

Hamhuis-edler
Garrison-bieksa
Ballard-tanev
Alberts-barker

Comepared to the blueline in 2011

Hamhuis-bieksa
Edler-ehrhoff
Ballard/Rome-salo
Ballard/Rome-Alberts
Tanev

I hope mg realizes this because our window with this core group of players is closing

Posted Image

#50 Onions

Onions

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:15 PM

MG is waiting for the fans to stop trying to do his job for him.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#51 Lui's Knob

Lui's Knob

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,795 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:26 PM

I don't see a very good cohesively offense attack nor defensive prowess this season. How many times have team run around circles in our end? Our special teams is predictable.

I think the assistant coaches should be fired and luongo should go for a dynamic player much needed in top 6.

#52 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:33 PM

I predict a huge move at trade deadline

Posted Image

#53 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:37 PM

The one nice thing this year with Luongo and Schneider is people finally have to face some kind of reality with the skaters the team has instead of the blame Luongo bologna that has given so many guys a free pass in the past.

#54 Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:37 PM

I predict a huge move at trade deadline

I predict the usual Gillis magic at trade deadline. You know, the one where the audience is screaming for an awesome, fluffy pink bunny to be pulled out of the hat, but instead they get a rabbit's foot keychain held by a horseshoe-wearing leprechaun playing with an empty chess set.
Posted Image
[Why 2.0? Because after 9 years, I lost my password and email... huzzah]

#55 papagrizz

papagrizz

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:40 PM

i wish MG signed jagr, he is an actual 2nd line winger and a sweet playmaker with kesler, also hes big and knows his crap

#56 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,935 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:48 PM

MG and his 'patient' approach will bite us in the ass the longer he keeps Luongo.

We have a 5m dollar asset sitting in the bench, a 4.2m dollar 6th defenceman and an overpaid 3rd liner in Booth.

#57 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:49 PM

I disagree actually, first of all I think u can never have enough depth, second of all schroeder is not a great 3rd line center he is more suited for a top 2 line position, if u watch games where the canucks play bigger teams u should see how ineffective he could be. third of all Lapierre should be are 3rd liner, because i would really like to watch him get a chance to take his career to the next level. plus he did have 2 points in 4 games on the third line. I think if u want to do something u should want to move schroeder to the wing on the second line and have a big center on ur third (lappy). Why do u think we went so far in the playoffs in 2011. The answer is we had a very effective bottom 6 which was able to keep the smaller guys energized.
The lines should look like this
Sedins-Burrows
Booth-Kesler-Schroeder
Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen
Kassian-Raymond-Weise

I agreed with everything (Except Booth with Kesler) up to the 4th line center. Raymond? Really? He's not a center, he's not a strong checker or face-off man (he's esp. not the first one)

I'd like a defenseman who actually knows how to play defense...

Who would that be? Also, at what cost? Seriously people, be realistic here; don't think MG doesn't have the team's long-term best interests in mind. Balancing the team's depth to ice 4 competent (speedy, skilled and gritty) lines of course means less money for each player and so no more elite franchise guys will be acquired through blatant overpayment when there are already several on the team.

Well, considering how easily the Flyers blew up their team and how fast LA got 2 #1 centers, I'd say it's a lot easier to make a trade than you make it seem.

Supply and demand ring a bell? The Flyers in trading Richards knew the Kings needed a #2 center and the Kings were flush with prospects to trade for him. Same with Carter; they knew that Howson wanted a #1 center in CBJ with Nash and so they were able to get Voracek+ for him (since Scott was also willing to deal). Bryzgalov was available and so they then signed him with the freed money.

That brings me to the current point. Are there any franchise players available and at what price? Are they too old, do they cost too much, do they play on a rival team that MG shouldn't trade with to strengthen them, DO THEY NEED WHAT WE OFFER AND VICE VERSA? As well, WHAT do WE need and do the superstars offer that necessary step? Don't bother chasing after franchise guys when they won't be available or when the pieces necessary to get them aren't going to be realistically available without drastically harming the team's chances of icing a deep team just to get that one guy.

And all this after a couple of close losses (2 by shootout btw). Go cheer for the current Blue Jackets or something.

Edited by g@m3b0i, 19 February 2013 - 11:50 PM.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#58 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,041 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:51 PM

Luongo for Kessel!!! :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#59 Chuck in the Truck

Chuck in the Truck

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:52 PM

They will not be trading either goalie this season.That plan failed.Players need to know there role and do it stop trying to be a scorer when your not .And you would think after years of no success at shootouts and giving away points you would change what you do in them .

#60 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,041 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:53 PM

I don't see a very good cohesively offense attack nor defensive prowess this season. How many times have team run around circles in our end? Our special teams is predictable.

I think the assistant coaches should be fired and luongo should go for a dynamic player much needed in top 6.

If it were that easy, don't you think Gillis would have done that already?

No teams out there have been offering anything serious, so he has to be patient. That's all he can do

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.